Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round; 96th pick.. Kenny Golladay, WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:
Golladay was the main target at NIU whereas Darboh was not. They spread the ball around much more than they did at NIU. Had Darboh been the feature WR his numbers would have been much better. I do like the pick over Darboh though because he shows that he can produce and he wants to be an alpha a number 1. That is what we need and now that is what we have.

Just to play devils advocate...maybe Darboh would of been the feature if he we're better?

I love what Ive seen from Golladay, but I tend to like most picks.

I am pretty sure the NFL doesn't draft on stats, or situation. They draft on how your skill sets fit into what they do. I don't think Golladay is a #1 alpha as mentioned above. I think he has potential, and fits what we were looking for (red zone help) more than Darboh so he was the pick. Maybe he develops into a great #1 but I would by no means be willing to say we had one now, even if we had drafted a first round WR.
arin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude is faster and stronger than Mike Evans, when he came out..

Evans: 4.53 40, 12 reps, 37" vert, 7.08 3 cone, 4.26 20yd shuttle

Golladay: 4.50 40, 18 reps, 35.5" vert, 7.00 3 cone, 4.15 20yd shuttle
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
The dude is faster and stronger than Mike Evans, when he came out..

Evans: 4.53 40, 12 reps, 37" vert, 7.08 3 cone, 4.26 20yd shuttle

Golladay: 4.50 40, 18 reps, 35.5" vert, 7.00 3 cone, 4.15 20yd shuttle
Well, to be fair, Mike Evans was 20 when he put up those numbers. Kenny Golladay was 23 when he put up his. Players are still getting faster and stronger at those ages. If you were to have retested Mike Evans this year (he's 23 now), he would've performed much better than Kenny Golladay did.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golladay's downfield ability is something we have missed and it can't really be disputed that he has special ability to track the deep ball and time his jumps and high point it and he has the hands to come down with it. Marvin Jones was best when he got off coverage but when they went press he really struggled and Tate has been great but the size to play that role is better if you are Golladay's size. I think by mid-year he will be putting up good to great numbers. Stafford is going to turn this kid into a stud. Gunslingers need targets and Golladay is a nice one to aim at. Golladay for ROY.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
Golladay's downfield ability is something we have missed and it can't really be disputed that he has special ability to track the deep ball and time his jumps and high point it and he has the hands to come down with it. Marvin Jones was best when he got off coverage but when they went press he really struggled and Tate has been great but the size to play that role is better if you are Golladay's size. I think by mid-year he will be putting up good to great numbers. Stafford is going to turn this kid into a stud. Gunslingers need targets and Golladay is a nice one to aim at. Golladay for ROY.

Let's be fair and not hold a third round pick who needs work to top 5 pick expectations. Golladay was scouted by everyone and he still lasted until the third round. And who knows how much longer he would have lasted had we not taken him. I hope he can learn how to run routes, and I hope that he can find ways to get open against better competition, but I am not expecting it right away. I hope he can contribute in the red zone, that's the key right now. That's where we lacked size and it showed. If this kid goes out and gets us 500 yards and a few touchdowns, it will be a great pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: