Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 - The Year of the Quarterback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many 1st Round QB's in 2018 ???
One
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Two
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Three
21%
 21%  [ 13 ]
Four
36%
 36%  [ 22 ]
Five
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Six
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Seven
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Eight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More than Eight
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Blank - I just want to see the results
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 60

Author Message
CHOCOLATITO


Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOCOLATITO wrote:
Explain to me why you guys aren't as high on Mason Rudolph? It's weird he's already being overlooked at as QB1.


Seriously though?

6'5, 235, great arm, 3 years of playing experience, doesn't turn the ball over, has touch, accurate, throws a great deep ball, durable, good character kid. He's absolutely going 1st Round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 447
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOCOLATITO wrote:
CHOCOLATITO wrote:
Explain to me why you guys aren't as high on Mason Rudolph? It's weird he's already being overlooked at as QB1.


Seriously though?

6'5, 235, great arm, 3 years of playing experience, doesn't turn the ball over, has touch, accurate, throws a great deep ball, durable, good character kid. He's absolutely going 1st Round.


All QBs have good and bad qualities.

My original post on Rudolph was the following:

"8. Mason Rudolph, Ok St.
The Good: Great sideline timing thrower. Good accuracy thrower on the deep post.
The Bad: Parachute on his deep ball. Doesn't respond to inside pressure with the ability to sidestep or move up to find a new platform to throw."

My QB rating for Rudolph his based on his inability to thrive under pressure. IF you watch games like Colorado, Central Michigan, Texas, WVU...Rudolph operates in a clean pocket.

His accuracy looks great, he throws with timing and anticipation, and shows off a big arm. He's not Brandon Weeden at all and I don't like making school to school QB comparisons, but it applies in that Weeden was amazing in a clean pocket...in a scheme with a quick release game. Under pressure, Weeden completely unravels.

I see Rudolph the same way. When the pockets not clean, his decision making, footwork, decision making seizes up, accuracy is off, and ultimately all that is good about Rudolph comes apart.

Pocket poise can make up for a lot of deficiencies. It also suppresses great ability as is the case with Rudolph.

To me, you don't judge a QB based on what he does in a clean pocket, but what he does under duress.

In a spread offense, Luke Falk shows poise under inside and outside pressure. Rudolph does not yet. He may improve, we shall see.
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7586
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Lock, that's all....
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 447
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Drew Lock, that's all....


Troll King, MSURacerDT55. Lol....I salute you..

Lol. Let me guess.....you saw that highlight tape that doesn't show him in blitz avoidance and shows all his perfect completions.

Do you know what it takes to have a 54% completion percentage in the Mizzou spread offense? His actual On Target Accuracy Percentage is LOWER than 50%....do you know how hard that is to accomplish? I'm actually impressed at how off target his throws are than anything else in his game.

Haha...."he will be overhyped by people watching 3 minute highlight video by season's end. Book it."
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7586
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Drew Lock, that's all....


Troll King, MSURacerDT55. Lol....I salute you..

Lol. Let me guess.....you saw that highlight tape that doesn't show him in blitz avoidance and shows all his perfect completions.

Do you know what it takes to have a 54% completion percentage in the Mizzou spread offense? His actual On Target Accuracy Percentage is LOWER than 50%....do you know how hard that is to accomplish? I'm actually impressed at how off target his throws are than anything else in his game.

Haha...."he will be overhyped by people watching 3 minute highlight video by season's end. Book it."


A. Whats troll about liking Drew Lock?

B. Who are you? You just come out of the blue talking like some expert

C. No, I actually saw live game watching Charles Harris and Terry Beckner Jr.....

Don't go down this road with me bro, its never safe to assume anything with me. And I have zero problem standing behind my words, especially from some new loud mouth guy

Its about upside and projection, not where they are currently. Apparently that isn't obvious to you.

D.You better earn some stripes around here before you try to come at me rookie
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19140
Location: 805
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was painful to watch Jake Browning in the playoff game. There are some good QB's in the 2018 class, but he is not one of them.
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Courtland Sutton #20 #92
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 447
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Drew Lock, that's all....


Troll King, MSURacerDT55. Lol....I salute you..

Lol. Let me guess.....you saw that highlight tape that doesn't show him in blitz avoidance and shows all his perfect completions.

Do you know what it takes to have a 54% completion percentage in the Mizzou spread offense? His actual On Target Accuracy Percentage is LOWER than 50%....do you know how hard that is to accomplish? I'm actually impressed at how off target his throws are than anything else in his game.

Haha...."he will be overhyped by people watching 3 minute highlight video by season's end. Book it."


A. Whats troll about liking Drew Lock?

B. Who are you? You just come out of the blue talking like some expert

C. No, I actually saw live game watching Charles Harris and Terry Beckner Jr.....

Don't go down this road with me bro, its never safe to assume anything with me. And I have zero problem standing behind my words, especially from some new loud mouth guy

Its about upside and projection, not where they are currently. Apparently that isn't obvious to you.

D.You better earn some stripes around here before you try to come at me rookie


I literally thought you're post was meant to be a joke b/c I saw your post in the NFL draft forum "Drew Lock...that is all." B/c it was short in brief and I thought I vaguely remember you trolling people in the Browns forum before (apparently I was wrong) I thought that was a purposeful trolling statement, and I had a good laugh. I didn't think you were serious. But it seems I was wrong.

I'm not an expert at all. Just a random guy with opinions that's been around football all his life. I'm willing to listen to any compelling argument or evidence based analysis. I'm willing to change my mind.

Okay, then...stand behind your words then.

Put forth an evidenced based account and I can respect that.

You're going all "Come at me bro."

Tell me what games I should watch to change my opinion...I've seen 5 and his poise is really bad. Accuracy is less than 51% when you adjust for on target/off target throws and it's less than 47% when you take out bubble screens. Has multiple games in the 40% (that's unheard of for a top projected QB). He's not accurate. Completion percentage means nothing really and isn't the best indicator of ball placement and accuracy but even without adjusting for anything as it is it's at 54% in an offense that has bubble screens. That's madness. He's not accurate. Big time arm....yes....good athlete yes. Pocket poise, accuracy, and rush avoidance movement and instincts...no...absolutely no.

So, what are you seeing that suggest he's a top guy? What should be looked at in terms of projecting him to the next level?

I'd be glad to hear it.
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick


Last edited by Mind Character on Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7586
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Drew Lock, that's all....


Troll King, MSURacerDT55. Lol....I salute you..

Lol. Let me guess.....you saw that highlight tape that doesn't show him in blitz avoidance and shows all his perfect completions.

Do you know what it takes to have a 54% completion percentage in the Mizzou spread offense? His actual On Target Accuracy Percentage is LOWER than 50%....do you know how hard that is to accomplish? I'm actually impressed at how off target his throws are than anything else in his game.

Haha...."he will be overhyped by people watching 3 minute highlight video by season's end. Book it."


A. Whats troll about liking Drew Lock?

B. Who are you? You just come out of the blue talking like some expert

C. No, I actually saw live game watching Charles Harris and Terry Beckner Jr.....

Don't go down this road with me bro, its never safe to assume anything with me. And I have zero problem standing behind my words, especially from some new loud mouth guy

Its about upside and projection, not where they are currently. Apparently that isn't obvious to you.

D.You better earn some stripes around here before you try to come at me rookie


I literally thought you're post was meant to be a joke b/c I saw your post in the NFL draft forum "Drew Lock...that is all." B/c it was short in brief and I thought I vaguely remember you trolling people in the Browns forum before (apparently I was wrong) I thought that was a purposeful trolling statement, and I had a good laugh. I didn't think you were serious. But it seems I was wrong.

Okay, then...stand behind your words then.

Put forth an evidenced based account and I can respect that.

You're going all "Come at me bro."

Tell me what games I should watch to change my opinion...I've seen 5 and his poise is really bad. Accuracy is less than 51% when you adjust for on target/off target throws and it's less than 47% when you take out bubble screens. Has multiple games in the 40% (that's unheard of for a top projected QB). He's not accurate. Big time arm....yes....good athlete yes. Pocket poise, accuracy, and rush avoidance movement and instincts...no...absolutely no.

So, what are you seeing that suggest he's a top guy? What should be looked at in terms of projecting him to the next level?

I'd be glad to hear it.


Sigh....Bro, I don't even know who you are, the post was not meant for you and you aren't an authority figure in the least where I even have to entertain your questions, Next
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 447
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Mind Character wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Drew Lock, that's all....


Troll King, MSURacerDT55. Lol....I salute you..

Lol. Let me guess.....you saw that highlight tape that doesn't show him in blitz avoidance and shows all his perfect completions.

Do you know what it takes to have a 54% completion percentage in the Mizzou spread offense? His actual On Target Accuracy Percentage is LOWER than 50%....do you know how hard that is to accomplish? I'm actually impressed at how off target his throws are than anything else in his game.

Haha...."he will be overhyped by people watching 3 minute highlight video by season's end. Book it."


A. Whats troll about liking Drew Lock?

B. Who are you? You just come out of the blue talking like some expert

C. No, I actually saw live game watching Charles Harris and Terry Beckner Jr.....

Don't go down this road with me bro, its never safe to assume anything with me. And I have zero problem standing behind my words, especially from some new loud mouth guy

Its about upside and projection, not where they are currently. Apparently that isn't obvious to you.

D.You better earn some stripes around here before you try to come at me rookie


I literally thought you're post was meant to be a joke b/c I saw your post in the NFL draft forum "Drew Lock...that is all." B/c it was short in brief and I thought I vaguely remember you trolling people in the Browns forum before (apparently I was wrong) I thought that was a purposeful trolling statement, and I had a good laugh. I didn't think you were serious. But it seems I was wrong.

Okay, then...stand behind your words then.

Put forth an evidenced based account and I can respect that.

You're going all "Come at me bro."

Tell me what games I should watch to change my opinion...I've seen 5 and his poise is really bad. Accuracy is less than 51% when you adjust for on target/off target throws and it's less than 47% when you take out bubble screens. Has multiple games in the 40% (that's unheard of for a top projected QB). He's not accurate. Big time arm....yes....good athlete yes. Pocket poise, accuracy, and rush avoidance movement and instincts...no...absolutely no.

So, what are you seeing that suggest he's a top guy? What should be looked at in terms of projecting him to the next level?

I'd be glad to hear it.


Sigh....Bro, I don't even know who you are, the post was not meant for you and you aren't an authority figure in the least where I even have to entertain your questions, Next


Of course, I'm not an authority figure...lol. It's a discussion board where ppl post random thoughts and random sh** to pass the time. I'm the same

I thought you might be interested in a discussion on a discussion board. But you're not. Cool by me.

The facts on Drew Lock remain the same:

Big big time arm. Beautiful thrower of the ball.

Accuracy is less than 51% when you adjust for on target/off target throws and it's less than 47% when you take out bubble screens. Has multiple games in the 40% (that's unheard of for a top projected QB). Completion percentage means nothing really and isn't the best indicator of ball placement and accuracy but even without adjusting for anything as it is it's at 54% in an offense that has bubble screens. That's madness. I've never seen a top QB like that. He's not accurate. Big time arm....yes....good athlete yes. Pocket poise, accuracy, and rush avoidance movement and instincts...no...absolutely no.

Has the tools to be a top guy if he makes the jump and grows. Not seeing yet though.
_________________
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group