Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Comp Picks 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Ravens Comp Picks 2018 Reply with quote

One of the reasons raised for Mangold not yet being signed is the looming compensatory pick signing deadline (Jason LCF hinted at it during his interview with Eric DeCosta). Where do the Ravens stand at the moment with comp picks?

Additions:
Tony Jefferson - 4yr/$34MM
Brandon Carr - 4yr/$24MM

Losses:
Ricky Wagner - 5yr/$47.5MM
Kyle Juice - 4yr/$21MM
Lawrence Guy - 4yr/$13.4MM
Kamar Aiken - 1yr/$2.6MM

So Jefferson/Carr cancel out Wagner/Juice, so if my people are correct, then we're currently in line for 2-ish picks? Maybe a 5th for Guy and a 7th for Aiken if there are picks left by the time it gets to his contract in the stack of eligible deals?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangold wouldn't count against the compensatory formula since he was cut by the Jets.
drd23

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the OTC page

http://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

I think you need new people Razz Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Mangold wouldn't count against the compensatory formula since he was cut by the Jets.

You know what, I knew that... Then the idea got in my head listening to Jason LCF talking about his DeCosta interview. Of course that schlub doesn't know what he's talking about...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

You know what, I knew that... Then the idea got in my head listening to Jason LCF talking about his DeCosta interview. Of course that schlub doesn't know what he's talking about...

It's easy to get caught up in what someone who should know better is saying.

The compensatory formula isn't what held up Mangold from signing somewhere. He's still not healthy and if what Tony Lombardi tweeted is correct then his price is high too. No thanks.

This is probably what was holding up someone like Michael Floyd from signing though. He had the DUI incident that led to his release from Arizona but I'm not sure that's a big sticking point. Really depends on each organization. Who knows if the Ravens want to shy away from something like that but if not he would be a nice signing at this point. I'd rather have Floyd than Vincent Jackson and it's not close.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

It's easy to get caught up in what someone who should know better is saying.

The compensatory formula isn't what held up Mangold from signing somewhere. He's still not healthy and if what Tony Lombardi tweeted is correct then his price is high too. No thanks.

This is probably what was holding up someone like Michael Floyd from signing though. He had the DUI incident that led to his release from Arizona but I'm not sure that's a big sticking point. Really depends on each organization. Who knows if the Ravens want to shy away from something like that but if not he would be a nice signing at this point. I'd rather have Floyd than Vincent Jackson and it's not close.

Floyd had some really nice blocks from what I can remember about his time with the Patriots last year, but I don't remember much in the way of actual receiving performances. Granted, it's hard to integrate into a new system midway through the season and excel. Even then, he'd kind of been getting phased out in Arizona for some time up to his release as well, iirc. Does he actually have anything left in the tank as far as catching the ball?

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
paraven

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man Id love to sign michael floyd. I feel he would complement our wrs well. If the ravens are willing to gamble with tim williams, then I dont see why theyd have an issue with Floyd.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Floyd had some really nice blocks from what I can remember about his time with the Patriots last year, but I don't remember much in the way of actual receiving performances. Granted, it's hard to integrate into a new system midway through the season and excel. Even then, he'd kind of been getting phased out in Arizona for some time up to his release as well, iirc. Does he actually have anything left in the tank as far as catching the ball?

He's 27 and was third on the team behind Fitzgerald and Johnson (they were way out front) for receptions at the time of his release. I don't think not having anything left in the tank is much of an issue. And he was only with New England for two games during the regular season so there really wasn't enough time to integrate him into the offense. Floyd isn't that great and certainly not good enough to just throw onto the field and produce. Especially at that point in a season. But for what the Ravens need, if they plan on adding a veteran receiver, he fits.
paraven

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

He's 27 and was third on the team behind Fitzgerald and Johnson (they were way out front) for receptions at the time of his release. I don't think not having anything left in the tank is much of an issue. And he was only with New England for two games during the regular season so there really wasn't enough time to integrate him into the offense. Floyd isn't that great and certainly not good enough to just throw onto the field and produce. Especially at that point in a season. But for what the Ravens need, if they plan on adding a veteran receiver, he fits.

Quote:

Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account
@jeffzrebiecsun

Following
More
Jeff Zrebiec Retweeted Ian Rapoport
One free agent WR option down for RavensJeff Zrebiec added,
Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
Former #Patriots & #AZCardinals WR Michael Floyd is signing with the #Vikings, sources say.

well theres that
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Confused Sounds like it's only a 1-year deal too, although going back to Minnesota is going home for Floyd so I'm sure that played a role.

In other news the Patriots extended Blount a tender. That means he would count against a team for the compensatory formula. Take him off of Baltimore's list. Can't risk losing the third round pick for Wagner. It would be exceedingly stupid to do so for Blount.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: