You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official 2017-2018 chargers season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: The official 2017-2018 chargers season Reply with quote

Our draft has gotten rave reviews from around the league. People are starting to show some love for the potential of this organization. People are saying afc west winners. I wish I were as optimistic as they were.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The official 2017-2018 chargers season Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
Our draft has gotten rave reviews from around the league. People are starting to show some love for the potential of this organization. People are saying afc west winners. I wish I were as optimistic as they were.

Who in their right mind are saying that?

I could see someone making a case for this team - if it does the impossible and stays healthy - being in the mix for a playoff berth, but from 6 wins to division winners? In the the AFC West? I have definite doubts. Now I could see the Raiders regressing a little towards the mean, but the Chiefs have, at this point, earned the benefit of the doubt that they're going to be at minimum a 9-win team barring catastrophe. And while I can definitely see a scenario where Denver is the worst team in division even with that defense, there are no easy wins in this division.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The official 2017-2018 chargers season Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:

I could see someone making a case for this team - if it does the impossible and stays healthy - being in the mix for a playoff berth, but from 6 wins to division winners? In the the AFC West? I have definite doubts. Now I could see the Raiders regressing a little towards the mean, but the Chiefs have, at this point, earned the benefit of the doubt that they're going to be at minimum a 9-win team barring catastrophe. And while I can definitely see a scenario where Denver is the worst team in division even with that defense, there are no easy wins in this division.

Good morning football
game3525

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't know about winning the division. But the Chargers should contend for a Wild Card berth. They might come up short, but they should be in the thick of things late in the season.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's at all impossible that we end up winning the division. It's not likely either though.

Oakland got some help on the back end, but I still think their defensive front is terrible, and with an OL that we have that's built to control the LOS, I think we can beat them out for the #1 spot.

The Chiefs did nothing to improve right now, other than take some out there gambles and a QB OTF, and the Bronco's IMO are terrible on offense at least for the next 2 years, and I don't see any way that Paxton Lynch ends up being the answer there. Their defense has gone sharply downhill since the times when they were among the best in the league, and now their DL is pretty porous outside of Wolfe. I just don't see the later two being any more dangerous than they were last year, and honestly I think at least the Chiefs got worse as a team (short term).

I don't think Denver and KC are bad teams by any means, but I think they're .500 teams or just below that. If this Chargers team can stay healthy, and with our schedule, We definitely have the ability to get 10+ wins. A wildcard spot is much more likely though.

It all hinges on this OL, but if they're good, I think this is up there with the best offenses in the league.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The official 2017-2018 chargers season Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXjaKSjRPTU

Start the vid at 3 minutes
game3525

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think Denver and KC are bad teams by any means, but I think they're .500 teams or just below that.

Disagree about KC, their floor is 9 wins..
Bolts223

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'm not saying we should be favorites to win the division or anything, but I actually wouldn't be completely shocked if we did.

Oakland: Honestly I feel like they are a bit overrated. They were extremely lucky in many games they won last year. The defense, while improved, still sucks. The offense is lethal no doubt, but I'd like to see if Carr is just as good this season as he is last season. Also I'm still not completely sold on Jack Del Rio as a head coach. This is definitely a good team, but I don't really consider them a SB contender like a lot of people do. I think they have a pretty high ceiling though if Carr plays like an MVP again and the defense improves. Both are big ifs though.

Kansas City: Obviously a very good team on both sides of the ball. Loaded with talent. I doubt Alex Smith loses his job to Mahomes this season, so still expect an offense that can't really make big plays through the air like the Chargers and Raiders can. I think they definitely have the highest floor of any team in the division, but I actually think the Chiefs and Chargers have similar ceilings. Main reason being that while the Chiefs are a better roster, Rivers can just do things that Alex Smith can't when it comes down to it.

Denver: I think if Lynch or Siemian somehow becomes a good QB this year they could actually be quite good, but at this point they have a really bad o-line and poor QB play. And not even an elite defense can overcome that. I actually think they will be the worst team in the division next year.
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either we finish in the 6-9 win range because injuries killed us or we just had issues like we couldn't keep a lead or the defense fell apart.

Or the team stays relatively healthy and we managed to get 9-12 wins and get a wildcard/the division.

Or it could all collapse because the team is 1 or 2 injuries away from being really screwed.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first year head coach...is he any good? that's just as big of a factor as anything IMO. mccoy coached scared, tried not to make mistakes, and that sort of thing rubs off on players. HC is biggest wild card this season.
hoping lynn is the right pick. he needs to be decisive, not tentative in important moments.
big potential in this team, good staff around lynn. OC and DC both made SB. lynn needs to motivate and make the hard decisions at game speed, if so this team has a chance to take off.
pf9

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the one future prospect that the Chargers could get in 2018 that would really endear themselves to LA would be Sam Darnold.

He's from the area, he plays for USC, if all falls into place Darnold could end up on the Chargers come 2018.

He could be the key to winning over the city of LA. If the Chargers have to trade up to get him so be it.
Highboltage55

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is Darnold would likely be a consensus Top 5 pick if he continues to progress/trend upward and 'SC has another great Season. Even though we have a tough Division I think we improve in the W-L column and pick in the teens this year, likely missing out on one of the "potential franchise" QBs who come out.

I firmly believe the Jets or 49'ers will be be picking at the top yet again (likely even higher), and be in contention for Darnold. Rosen (who IMO is overrated) likely leaves early as well and could be a top selection.

Josh Allen (Wyoming) is the guy that intrigues me the most. I think Wyoming has a down year compared to this past year, they lost a couple O-Lineman and their starting RB to the NFL. I just want to see Allen improve on his numbers, cut down on the INT's and progress in terms of his "passing ability". He has all the tools and reminds me physically of a bigger, more athletic Mahomes (although Wyoming runs more of a Pro-Style Offense than Tech's Air Raid). Allen should play well against other MWC opponents, but I want to see him step it up against the better competition they face (didn't play good against Nebraska last year for example). He kind of has that "Big Ben"/Aaron Rodgers sneaky/slippery mobility and a cannon for an arm.

He is the type of prospect that would improve being able to "sit" behind a veteran for a few years to improve in all facets of the game. Sitting behind Rivers or Brees for example would be ideal compared being "thrown into the fire" and be a franchise savior Day 1.
pf9

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
The only problem is Darnold would likely be a consensus Top 5 pick if he continues to progress/trend upward and 'SC has another great Season. Even though we have a tough Division I think we improve in the W-L column and pick in the teens this year, likely missing out on one of the "potential franchise" QBs who come out.

I firmly believe the Jets or 49'ers will be be picking at the top yet again (likely even higher), and be in contention for Darnold. Rosen (who IMO is overrated) likely leaves early as well and could be a top selection.

Josh Allen (Wyoming) is the guy that intrigues me the most. I think Wyoming has a down year compared to this past year, they lost a couple O-Lineman and their starting RB to the NFL. I just want to see Allen improve on his numbers, cut down on the INT's and progress in terms of his "passing ability". He has all the tools and reminds me physically of a bigger, more athletic Mahomes (although Wyoming runs more of a Pro-Style Offense than Tech's Air Raid). Allen should play well against other MWC opponents, but I want to see him step it up against the better competition they face (didn't play good against Nebraska last year for example). He kind of has that "Big Ben"/Aaron Rodgers sneaky/slippery mobility and a cannon for an arm.

He is the type of prospect that would improve being able to "sit" behind a veteran for a few years to improve in all facets of the game. Sitting behind Rivers or Brees for example would be ideal compared being "thrown into the fire" and be a franchise savior Day 1.

Like I said, you could always trade up to get Darnold. To me nothing is more important than winning over your new home city.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
Highboltage55 wrote:

Like I said, you could always trade up to get Darnold. To me nothing is more important than winning over your new home city.

How did that work for the Rams last year? Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
I think the one future prospect that the Chargers could get in 2018 that would really endear themselves to LA would be Sam Darnold.

He's from the area, he plays for USC, if all falls into place Darnold could end up on the Chargers come 2018.

He could be the key to winning over the city of LA. If the Chargers have to trade up to get him so be it.

Darnold is just hype, he's gonna return to USC Like all their QBS do anyway, and we don't plan on sucking. QBS like Jared Stidham and mason Rudolph will be available for us in the late teens or early 20's

Josh Allen will be the first qb off the board next year

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: