Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 (141). Chad Hansen, WR, Cal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
In the moment this was a WTF pick and I still hate how we maneuvered around especially the comp pick which was completely and utterly retarded, but I love what I see form this kid. Gamer, fast, high points...its a terriffc value pick. I still think we did a p!ss poor job of taking advantages of this being deep at CB, and RB and 6 round picks at those position is not filling needs, but Hansen could really be a nice steal for us regardless.

I think Stewart was more the failed spot. I think Hansen is better than Stewart (even though they play differently) and we got him 60+ picks later. We could've got a good CB at 79 instead of Stewart. Tankerley and Moreau are the 2 names that jump out there me we could've had instead.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
In the moment this was a WTF pick and I still hate how we maneuvered around especially the comp pick which was completely and utterly retarded, but I love what I see form this kid. Gamer, fast, high points...its a terriffc value pick. I still think we did a p!ss poor job of taking advantages of this being deep at CB, and RB and 6 round picks at those position is not filling needs, but Hansen could really be a nice steal for us regardless.

I think Stewart was more the failed spot. I think Hansen is better than Stewart (even though they play differently) and we got him 60+ picks later. We could've got a good CB at 79 instead of Stewart. Tankerley and Moreau are the 2 names that jump out there me we could've had instead.

This entire draft completely baffled me after the Adams pick which was a no brainer. I think we came away with a few quality players and definitely infused leadership and work ethic, but man did Mac completely fail when it came to trade downs. Trading back could have created an opportunity to collect 4s and 5s based on where we were...and we ended up with 6s and a 7.

With Adams it looks like an okay draft...you take adams away and its pretty awful. Guess well have to wait and see. I can tell you one thing...I never want to see Mac make another trade for this team...he hit an absolute HR with the Marshall trade, and its been down hill since. Sheldon will get dealt for a conditional 5th and Pryor for a 7th and Mac will trade the 5th for 2 7s. I think this guy might be a very good scout...but an absolutely awful General Manager.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pick looks better now that Anderson is a screw up.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:

ON the bright side, the kids are going to get to play right away. The NEW New York Jets

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

ON the bright side, the kids are going to get to play right away. The NEW New York Jets

Yes the 24 year old WR was getting in the way of the younger guys. Very Happy
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Or.... they are both mainly just deep threats so they really were going to battling each other for snaps. Age hasn't nothing to do with it. So I'm not sure what your point was. My point was that Hanson and Anderson have a similar skill set and with Anderson getting arrested this helped abandons case.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
PaulieIceman wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Or.... they are both mainly just deep threats so they really were going to battling each other for snaps. Age hasn't nothing to do with it. So I'm not sure what your point was. My point was that Hanson and Anderson have a similar skill set and with Anderson getting arrested this helped abandons case.

I really don't see the similarity in their game to be honest. Anderson is an elite deep threat with 4.3 speed. Hansen looks like a Decker type as a guy that can do a little of everything. Sure he can go deep but he's not coming to the NFL to be an elite deep threat like Anderson could be. It worked well in college because he's a good WR and tracks the ball well.

You're not the only one to say that about him but I don't see it in his game.

This is how I see the WR's
X: Anderson (beat press man coverage and threaten deep along with drag routes and come backs)
Z: Q (will be move/motion WR who can motion all over the field since he can do it all)
Y: Decker (will man the slot and move the chains all over the field with a diverse route tree inside, outside and seem routes)

Depth:
X: Hansen/Peake will probably get shot here now that Smith tore his ACL but really this was Smith's job to lose. Hansen and Peake aren't ideal since neither is a great deep threat but both have good enough size and speed so they'll get their shot here.
Z: Peake and Hansen will battle behind Q for reps since both are willing blockers they'll do fine as the motion WR's.
Y: Stewart will ultimately earn this slot as a starter since he's better than Marshall and Decker will be moved eventually.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
PaulieIceman wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I really don't see the similarity in their game to be honest. Anderson is an elite deep threat with 4.3 speed. Hansen looks like a Decker type as a guy that can do a little of everything. Sure he can go deep but he's not coming to the NFL to be an elite deep threat like Anderson could be. It worked well in college because he's a good WR and tracks the ball well.

You're not the only one to say that about him but I don't see it in his game.

This is how I see the WR's
X: Anderson (beat press man coverage and threaten deep along with drag routes and come backs)
Z: Q (will be move/motion WR who can motion all over the field since he can do it all)
Y: Decker (will man the slot and move the chains all over the field with a diverse route tree inside, outside and seem routes)

Depth:
X: Hansen/Peake will probably get shot here now that Smith tore his ACL but really this was Smith's job to lose. Hansen and Peake aren't ideal since neither is a great deep threat but both have good enough size and speed so they'll get their shot here.
Z: Peake and Hansen will battle behind Q for reps since both are willing blockers they'll do fine as the motion WR's.
Y: Stewart will ultimately earn this slot as a starter since he's better than Marshall and Decker will be moved eventually.

I honestly quit reading after I saw you wrote that Anderson is an ELITE deep threat.
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Anderson is really our only deep threat. There aren't too many CBs with 4.34 speed. I wouldn't call him an elite player but he has elite speed that, with a good QB,could turn him into at least a viable deep threat.

Hansen has 4.47 speed and ran the 9 route 24% of the time with a good 57% completion rate but that was against college players. A player with that type of speed won't get open that often against NFL cbs, imo. Peake ran the 9 route 31% in his senior year. He's ia little faster, a little bigger and has 2" longer arms, so he could be the backup X. Enunwa, with his 4.41 speed and his size could be a deep threat but I think he's better suited in the flanker(z) position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: