Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do Not Fall For The Darnold Hype
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
Not on the Field. But Definitely off the Field. Similar to Manziel, He comes from a wealthy family, but not Texas Oil Wealthy

They both came from money but they're not alike off the field at all.
lol exactly. Nothing like Manziel.

Plus Rosen lashed out against a very polarizing political figure. Props to him.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
I really don't understand what people take issue with on Josh Rosen. The dude knows he comes from a wealthy family. He acknowledges he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. All he does is have fun and look out for his teammates who have disadvantages. The guy started a fundraising event in high school without telling anyone and raised thousands of dollars so all his teammates could travel to Hawaii. The dude gripes about the NCAA taking advantage of less fortunate people. What it really comes down to is that he upsets old-school football dudes who want him to shut up. Rosen looks out for people who got a raw deal and does what he can within the rules to speak out about it. What a terrible guy. I can't speak to his work ethic. But he just seems like a young guy who likes to have fun and poke the man once and a while. He's inquisitive and likes to ask why, and that upsets people.

Another Manziel

Not at all.

Not on the Field. But Definitely off the Field. Similar to Manziel, He comes from a wealthy family, but not Texas Oil Wealthy

When Josh Rosen is in Vegas wearing a wig and insisting on being called "Billy" so that he can keep feeding his addictions in secret, call me. Till then, put down the bottle because you sound more like Manziel than Rosen does.

I can see the Rosen and Cam comparison in terms of personality, honestly, I think he's got a lot more in common with Richard Sherman - who frankly a lot of people "take issue" with his personality because he keeps it 100 and they really can't argue with what he's saying because he does a really good job at supporting his posits with facts and figures.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
I really don't understand what people take issue with on Josh Rosen. The dude knows he comes from a wealthy family. He acknowledges he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. All he does is have fun and look out for his teammates who have disadvantages. The guy started a fundraising event in high school without telling anyone and raised thousands of dollars so all his teammates could travel to Hawaii. The dude gripes about the NCAA taking advantage of less fortunate people. What it really comes down to is that he upsets old-school football dudes who want him to shut up. Rosen looks out for people who got a raw deal and does what he can within the rules to speak out about it. What a terrible guy. I can't speak to his work ethic. But he just seems like a young guy who likes to have fun and poke the man once and a while. He's inquisitive and likes to ask why, and that upsets people.

Another Manziel

Not at all.

When Josh Rosen is in Vegas wearing a wig and insisting on being called "Billy" so that he can keep feeding his addictions in secret, call me. Till then, put down the bottle because you sound more like Manziel than Rosen does.

I can see the Rosen and Cam comparison in terms of personality, honestly, I think he's got a lot more in common with Richard Sherman - who frankly a lot of people "take issue" with his personality because he keeps it 100 and they really can't argue with what he's saying because he does a really good job at supporting his posits with facts and figures.

Yeah.... people wouldn't dislike Sherman for this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-raqTa170eI

This isn't even including the Brady and Crabtree stuff.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Bolts223

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

Another Manziel

Not at all.

Yeah.... people wouldn't dislike Sherman for this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-raqTa170eI

This isn't even including the Brady and Crabtree stuff.

Honestly Richard Sherman ripping Skip Bayless apart like that is what made me fall in love with him.
Marky

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnold is QB1 right now. Young, athletic, big time team who balled out on a big time stage. Comparing him to other USC QB's is just lazy.

Even if you are skeptical, you have to understand why the hype is there. I think he is a not as polished Andrew Luck, but obviously a lot can change throughout the year.

PSN- NewDayRocks4
Student @ smww.com
Scout for the funz of it
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
Darnold is QB1 right now. Young, athletic, big time team who balled out on a big time stage. Comparing him to other USC QB's is just lazy.

Even if you are skeptical, you have to understand why the hype is there. I think he is a not as polished Andrew Luck, but obviously a lot can change throughout the year.

That's to be expected as I think he only was a starter for 1 season in high school.
Marky

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Marky wrote:

That's to be expected as I think he only was a starter for 1 season in high school.

That's what makes it so scary. He has not played a ton of QB, and he's already this good. Just imagine what he is like with more experience.

PSN- NewDayRocks4
Student @ smww.com
Scout for the funz of it
Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've seen 2 drafts where Goff/Wentz went 1-2 when it was recognized they were going to need time (even with Wentz doing decently on the field Year 1, not an incorrect evalution), and we've just seen Trubisky go 1.2, and 2 QB's in Watson/Mahomes with very split opinions on their NFL outcomes, yet have had teams trade up in a big way to get to the top 12 to pick them.

Now, we have 2-3 QB's next year who appear more advanced at their stage than any of the QB's the last 2 years....and people aren't supposed to be excited?

I'm not sure any of these guys are as polished as Winston was entering their pre-draft NCAA year, but that's an insanely high bar. They could easily be the best QB prospects since Winston.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
We've seen 2 drafts where Goff/Wentz went 1-2 when it was recognized they were going to need time (even with Wentz doing decently on the field Year 1, not an incorrect evalution), and we've just seen Trubisky go 1.2, and 2 QB's in Watson/Mahomes with very split opinions on their NFL outcomes, yet have had teams trade up in a big way to get to the top 12 to pick them.

Now, we have 2-3 QB's next year who appear more advanced at their stage than any of the QB's the last 2 years....and people aren't supposed to be excited?

I'm not sure any of these guys are as polished as Winston was entering their pre-draft NCAA year, but that's an insanely high bar. They could easily be the best QB prospects since Winston.

I see Joe flacco in Josh Allen. I see Alex Smith in Rosen. I see Darnold going back to school.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:

It sure will be exciting during the draft process to see how all 3 top QB prospects are panning out. It is quite possible we could see 3 QB's go 1,2,3 if they all have big final seasons. Should be a real fun time. The potential is certainly there.
catcheryea

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Do Not Fall For The Darnold Hype Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
But, Someone like Jared Stidham may rise out of nowhere and claim the mantle of most sought after qb in 2018 that is currently held by Rosen or Darnold

ok buddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: