Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitch Trubisky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UFgators

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good NFL quarterbacks have below-average hand size. Don't over think this. Laughing
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFgators wrote:
Lots of good NFL quarterbacks have below-average hand size. Don't over think this. Laughing

I think we're just poking fun at him more than anything else.
G08

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Hand size does matter. This kid has Trump hands. And 13 starts to date.

I just don't buy the hype.

Hand size matters to some GM's and scouts for sure, others maybe not so much.

Just like a certain something of size matters to some women and not so much to other women.

You can still achieve the same end result with both big or small sized hands or.... Got it? Good.

First, did you seriously just use a penis size analogy?

Second, that sounds like personal experience there Wink

Just about spit up my coffee, thanks for that Laughing

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
In hindsight, where would you draft Alex Smith and Andy Dalton?

There is my value based on my grade scale which is the same regardless of position. Then you have the positional value absurdity which is the reality of the NFL. Ideally they're third round guys. Obviously QB is in another stratosphere so they never last into the third round.

Do you think any one position should be valued over another?

I think you have to value QB differently. Depending on schemes you probably have to value other positions differently. But I don't worry about scheme or positional value. I just grade talent on a equal scale. I'll let other people sort through that crap. If I put Trubisky in the third round, I know he'll never go there. But I still grade him there. Consistency is my thing. If I start grading players based on which way the wind is blowing on any particular year I can't look back at my rankings and make sense of them. So I just bunker down and do how I do.

I agree, I am sure teams grade players first, but I am also sure that teams simply remove players who do not fit in their schemes on offense or defense from their board. That is what makes predicting the draft 100% correctly almost impossible. After grading prospects, teams will give a positional bonus for players who play primary positions in today's game. Of course, QB always receives a positional upgrade.

IMO, Trubisky carried a top 10 rating by most teams, but got pushed up to #2 overall, because of position. If he had more playing experience, he might have gotten a top 5 rating, his skill set is at that level, but teams didn't have enough film to see how much progress he made over 3 seasons, to ascertain his full potential, so he carries a far greater bust potential.

One can argue about the price Chicago paid to move up 1 spot, but I, for one, would never criticize a GM for going after a potential franchise QB. If Pace was sold on Trubisky's talent (that is the judgement he is after all, paid for), then moving up was the right decision. None of us know how many other teams offered San Fran a trade for their pick, nor what hey offered.

Chicago was willing to take the shot and if the gamble pays off, we will be soon calling them geniuses for that trade and a few other GM's will likely be fired for not taking the risk. If he flops, they will simply draft another QB within the next 3 years but their GM might bit the bullet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: