You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Michael Floyd is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL,’’ said retired NFL offensive linemen Ryan Harris, who also graduated from Cretin-Derham. “Yes, he’s had some growing pains, but all athletes do in their own way. But I really think that his eperience with New England and leaving Arizona really will help create an even better pro than we’ve seen. This is a guy who has amazing talent.’’

Harris never was Floyd’s teammate at Cretin-Derham or at Notre Dame, where both played, but knows him well. He has been in touch with Floyd during his home confinement, and believes he has learned from that incident.

“I know Michael and know he’s a very smart young man and he’s been able to continue to improve on the field and off,’’ Harris said. “I think you’re going to see the best Michael Floyd that you’ve seen in his NFL career. If the Vikings get him, they’re getting a dynamic receiver, a big receiver.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/05/vikings-considering-signing-former-cretin-derham-star-michael-floyd/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Arizona Cardinals did not release Michael Floyd because of a DUI. That was simply a publicity stunt that the Cardinals pulled and they ultimately used it as the excuse to cut him. We had kept Bobby Massie and John Abraham after they both had DUIs The big difference was that we weren't in a playoff race last year. Keep in mind, we've had Daryl Washington rotting on our roster the last three years. If the Cardinals were really moral and upright, that would not have been the case.

In all reality, last year was probably Michael Floyd's worst season. His hands were made of stone and he just seemed like he was in a rut all season. He's still an incredibly talented player, definitely deserves another chance. The Cardinals fans had just grown sour with him towards the end of last year and the DUI didn't help at all. I hope he lands in Minnesota and tears the roof off, he can be a very solid #2 option for any team. If his hands get softer from last season there's no reason he can't put up 1000 yards each season

#JDI
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I hope he lands in Minnesota and tears the roof off

we appreciate your sentiment and good wishes, but "tear the roof off" is not something you say to a Viking fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_uscBJn0p0

Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...? Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
are multiple DUI's too high of an error to accept?

No. He's a football player, not a school bus driver.

So, if he plays football, he can't drive a car, and possibly injure an innocent driver? Shocked

There is no dark side of the Floyd Moon; as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

Oh, ok. DUIs should prevent you from pursuing any profession because you migh drive drunk. Got it.

Who said he can't pursue a job?

Just because someone is looking for work doesn't mean a company has to hire them.

I agree.

There's a reason why companies do background checks on people.

If there's two candidates with the same skills and qualifications but one has a couple arrests for say, DUI and assault while the other has a clean record...who do you think the company is going to pick?

Is the company terrible for making that decision?

Just because Floyd has DUIs doesn't mean his career should be over but a team is going to look at him and think "Is the talent worth the potential headache?"

Some teams don't mind taking risks on these type of players while some stay away. The Vikings struck gold with Jared Allen after his DUIs but struck out on someone like K-Rob who just couldn't turn the ship around.

Would the Vikings be terrible for thinking "Nice player and all but let's stick with what we have and not give the headache a chance to pop up."

A LOT of it has to do with the resources the team thinks the player has to stay out of trouble. Could being with friends and family get it through Floyd's head to call a cab when drinking?

If I were the Vikings, I'd think the best chance he has to turn his behavior around is in Minnesota therefore I'd take the chance on him.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I hope he lands in Minnesota and tears the roof off

we appreciate your sentiment and good wishes, but "tear the roof off" is not something you say to a Viking fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_uscBJn0p0

I apologize to anyone offended Laughing

#JDI
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, I thought this thread was going to be about Floyd the Barber. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Floyd will be able to serve the rest of the house arrest sentence he received for last year’s DUI arrest in Minnesota, which means the wide receiver will be able to join the Vikings for workouts. Coach Mike Zimmer called that an “important” development for the free agent acquisition because it will give him more time than expected to work with the Vikings before the start of the season. Zimmer also believes the team has the right kind of system in place to ensure Floyd avoids further trouble.

Zimmer: “We understand [his legal history]. We always try to weigh every situation. But you know, he’s from here. I think he has a good support system with Harrison Smith and Kyle Rudolph, partly. A lot of those things were factored into it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/21/mike-zimmer-we-have-strong-support-system-for-michael-floyd/

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd will be living with as a roommate with a teammate, but they wouldn't say who.

I would think it would have to be Harrison Smith. Rudolph has a wife and kids.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's likely Harrison. They were in the same class at ND.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd arrived in Minnesota last week and will be able to participate in OTAs. Zimmer said he thinks the veteran will quickly pick up the Vikings offense.

Zimmer: “Michael is a very intelligent person, so I don’t think he’ll have any problem catching onto the system or anything like that, but to get out here and do it and be around the other guys and quarterbacks, I think that will help.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/6-Quotes-Zimmer-on-New-Vikings-Floyd-Sutton--Celebrating-Bud-Grant-/7bfecec5-20d8-44e1-b468-9384d5332334?sf80820942=1

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Vikings WR Michael Floyd said today he is indeed living former friend and former Notre Dame teammate Kyle Rudolph.

https://www.twitter.com/christomasson

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
#Vikings WR Michael Floyd said today he is indeed living former friend and former Notre Dame teammate Kyle Rudolph.

Tomasson is one of the most frustrating twitter follows. Completely abandons common grammar and punctuation.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this already known?

Ben Goessling‏Verified account @GoesslingESPN 51s52 seconds ago
Michael Floyd's deal with the Vikings includes a $1.16M base, and per-game roster bonuses of up to $250K. Total of $1.41M, plus incentives.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Quote:

Tomasson is one of the most frustrating twitter follows. Completely abandons common grammar and punctuation.

And in response...

Quote:
Former friend... man this is going to be an awkward ride home today..

https://www.twitter.com/KyleRudolph82

Thx to Lil Uno!
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Quote:

And in response...

Quote:
Former friend... man this is going to be an awkward ride home today..

https://www.twitter.com/KyleRudolph82

More reasons to like Rudolph.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: