Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Round 3: Pick 74 - Chris Wormley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: 2017 Round 3: Pick 74 - Chris Wormley Reply with quote

With the 74th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Chris Wormley, DL, Michigan

Scouting Reports

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/chris-wormley?id=2557862

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2001900/chris-wormley

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-chris-wormley-edge-michigan/

Current Defensive Line

DT: Michael Pierce / Chris Wormley / Willie Henry

NT: Brandon Williams / Carl Davis

DE: Brent Urban / Bronson Kaufusi
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich manís Lawrence Guy

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he was a red star prospect and that he plays for Michigan probably made it close to certain we were going to draft him.

I'll need to look into him a little more to see if he'll actually help to provide some interior pass rushing ability
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not excited about this one. Another D-lineman to either be stashed on IR or fill in the bottom of the depth chart.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Not excited about this one. Another D-lineman to either be stashed on IR or fill in the bottom of the depth chart.

Quality depth on a DL that's going to have competition for 2 vacant spots after the 2 starters left this off-season.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmund_jags wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Quality depth on a DL that's going to have competition for 2 vacant spots after the 2 starters left this off-season.

Already got Williams, Davis, Urban, Henry, Pierce and Kaufusi. The two vacant spots filled by Henry and Kaufusi, who were on IR last year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Already got Williams, Davis, Urban, Henry, Pierce and Kaufusi. The two vacant spots filled by Henry and Kaufusi, who were on IR last year.

Never hurts to have depth in case it happens again, right?
ravens5520

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Urban, Henry and Kaufusi are still really unknown. As fans, we haven't seen enough to know what they even offer just yet. I definitely would've rather had a WR here, but I'm not mad at the pick either. Blue collar kind of player that hustles on all downs.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can almost look at is as if the Ravens traded Jernigan for Wormley. Which I don't mind. Chris and Timmy are almost opposite ends of the spectrum. And that's a good thing. Rich man's Lawrence Guy is a good description. Also a really good player and one that's offers something different than the other six defensive linemen on the roster.

With that said I am concerned about how the team will be able to get all of these guys on the field. A heavy rotation is something that doesn't exist in Pees' world and two or three of these guys are going to be heavily underutilized. That's not ideal. Depth for injuries, which always seem to happen, is nice though.
edmund_jags

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

With that said I am concerned about how the team will be able to get all of these guys on the field. A heavy rotation is something that doesn't exist in Pees' world and two or three of these guys are going to be heavily underutilized. That's not ideal. Depth for injuries, which always seem to happen, is nice though.

Also very likely that they're still looking 1-2 years down the road.

Brent Urban is going into his 4th year and at this point doesn't seem like the type of guy worthy of resigning.

Carl Davis is entering his 3rd year and at this point doesn't seem like the type of guy worthy of resigning.

Add that to the unknowns of Kaufusi, Henry and to an extent, Pierce, having another guy in Wormley makes a lot of sense IMO.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a very good pick, great value in the 3rd. Wormley was actually my favorite interior rusher of the entire draft (probably a DE in a 3-4). You guys took a lot of my favorites. Humphrey was my favorite CB. Bowser was my fourth favorite edge guy behind Garrett, Barnett, Reddick. I think all three of these guys are gonna have a productive career.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

I actually think we do rotate a good amount on the D-line, especially compared to other spots. Plus we have 630 Timmy Jernigan snaps and 486 Lawrence Guys snaps up for grabs. Granted, there will surely be a player or two at the bottom that doesn't see the field, but that's more motivation to rise up the depth chart.

Rich man's Lawrence Guy would be nice to have. He was underrated by fans in favor of more exciting players, but was certainly useful. Wormley could do the same with a little more juice as a rusher. He played mostly on the edge at Michigan, so he might need some time to learn to play 3-4DE, but being closer to the ball will be good for him.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I actually think we do rotate a good amount on the D-line, especially compared to other spots. Plus we have 630 Timmy Jernigan snaps and 486 Lawrence Guys snaps up for grabs. Granted, there will surely be a player or two at the bottom that doesn't see the field, but that's more motivation to rise up the depth chart.

I've looked over the snap counts for the past couple of seasons and there really isn't a ton of rotation along the line. At least not in terms of multiple personnel. It's basically the three starters, a fourth guy who usually gets a decent amount of snaps, and then a fifth guy who gets a small handful unless there's an in-game injury. Like this past season was Williams, Jernigan, Guy, and Pierce getting the majority of the snaps as the three starters and the fourth guy. The fifth guy getting a small handful of snaps was Urban when active. Kaufusi and Davis being hurt all year certainly didn't help but Pees hasn't had a heavy rotation anyways.

It's going to be mostly the same this season, although maybe a bit more rotation between the second through fifth guys since Williams is the only set starter. Pierce, Kaufusi, and Wormley should be the three others rotating with Urban, Davis, or Henry fighting for the scraps. Personally I think Carl could really surprise if healthy this season. He had some real interesting flashes early in his rookie season before other guys got healthy and he fell out of Pees' small rotation. Urban has flashed too and I'm still a big fan of Henry's upside so I'm fine with any of them getting on the field. It will just suck to see two or three of them being benched and/or heavily underutilized.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

I don't think you're giving Wormley enough credit as a talent/prospect, but I understand what you are saying.

Our DL is basically filed with guys who were 3rd or 4th round guys who have a bunch of potential but haven't really done anything substantial. That's not to say I don't like them, because I do, but I know what you're saying. "How many of these type of draft picks do we really need to make?" was honestly my first thought on this. The DL competition will be fun to watch though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: