Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 7.17 (235) DB Joshua Holsey, Auburn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: 2017 7.17 (235) DB Joshua Holsey, Auburn Reply with quote

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(for more information on my aggregate list see: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21502742#21502742 )

7.17 (235): Joshua Holsey, DB from Auburn

You go to love it when the team you follows drafts a guy who doesn't appear on two of the three lists you track. Think about it: this is a kid from Auburn who neither DraftTek nor NFL.com thought fit to list in their top 400 prospects. Even if it is a 7th round pick, that's a waste of value. Darn near anyone would have been a better selection there.

I'll leave it to others explain why this pick won't stink up the place (yes, even as a 7th).
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of this guy. Hoping for the best.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I've never heard of this guy. Hoping for the best.

Apparently, neither had NFL.com nor DraftTek.
PSID412

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury history scares me but it's round 7 so really if he doesn't work out it's not the worst thing.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting stats.
5 pass breakups vs Kelly and the big receivers of Ole Miss.
6 solo tackles against LSU. Which impresses me with his size cause of Fournette, Guice, Dupre, Dural and all running around.

3rd team All SEC. And 3 ints to lead Auburn. I wonder if he was in the PAC or B12 if that total couldnt be doubled since they pass 3x as much.

So hes a good tackler, can break up some plays, and can find the ball in the air.
I dont know what that amounts to as a pro. But Im thinking hes a FS prospect for us. Not a corner.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Some interesting stats.
6 solo tackles against LSU. Which impresses me with his size cause of Fournette, Guice, Dupre, Dural and all running around.

3rd team All SEC. And 3 ints to lead Auburn. I wonder if he was in the PAC or B12 if that total couldnt be doubled since they pass 3x as much.

So hes a good tackler, can break up some plays, and can find the ball in the air.

I dont know what that amounts to as a pro. But Im thinking hes a FS prospect for us. Not a corner.
Good break down Parrot, thanks. I think that he has potential but like PSID said, he battled injuries. It's a 7th round pick, so no harm in taking a flyer on a guy and if he can stay heslthy he may be able to make our roster this year or next. Let's not forget that Moreau will probably at least start the season the pup list - if not miss the season with his torn pec - so that open ups a spot for a guy like Hosely to make the team as our 5th corner.

I think DeShazor Everett will be the back up FS, I'll be shocked if he isn't TBH.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Some interesting stats.

Good break down Parrot, thanks. I think that he has potential but like PSID said, he battled injuries. It's a 7th round pick, so no harm in taking a flyer on a guy and if he can stay heslthy he may be able to make our roster this year or next. Let's not forget that Moreau will probably at least start the season the pup list - if not miss the season with his torn pec - so that open ups a spot for a guy like Hosely to make the team as our 5th corner.

I think DeShazor Everett will be the back up FS, I'll be shocked if he isn't TBH.

They seem to want to keep DHall around... he may take Everett's spot! Esp if the new kids can contribute on ST.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Some interesting stats.

They seem to want to keep DHall around... he may take Everett's spot! Esp if the new kids can contribute on ST.
Yeah, maybe. I didn't think Everett was horrible, let's not forget that last year was Everett's first year that he played safety. He was a corner coming out of Texas A&M.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kid only makes the roster if he:
A. Shines in minicamps and training camp;
B. Busts his hump on special teams; or
C. There are a ton of injuries ahead of him.

Basically, what you expect for a 7th round pick.

Just surprising that he wasn't graded by NFL.com. I could understand it if he came from some Division III school, but coming out of Auburn?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Just surprising that he wasn't graded by NFL.com. I could understand it if he came from some Division III school, but coming out of Auburn?
Could be amazing scouting work. Remember the 2012 draft when we took the really talented but often injured Jordan Bernstine out of Iowa or the 2015 draft when McCloughan took Tevin Mitchel, the Arkansas corner in round 6, this seems like the same thing. He had a lot of talent but had battled injuries so we took a late round flyer on him even though most didn't think he'd get drafted. It's too bad he got hurt and then we lost him on waivers to the Colts but this is a similar situation IMO. Let's hope Hosely stays healthy unlike Tevin Mitchel and Bernsteine.

Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Could be amazing scouting work. Remember the 2012 draft when we took the really talented but often injured Jordan Bernstine out of Iowa or the 2015 draft when McCloughan took Tevin Mitchel, the Arkansas corner in round 6, this seems like the same thing. He had a lot of talent but had battled injuries so we took a late round flyer on him even though most didn't think he'd get drafted. It's too bad he got hurt and then we lost him on waivers to the Colts but this is a similar situation IMO. Let's hope Hosely stays healthy unlike Tevin Mitchel and Bernsteine.

Not sure how "finding" a guy at freaking Auburn is "amazing scouting work." Maybe the kid works out, but seems odd to me that no one bothered to score him coming out of a SEC school.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holsey highlights

https://youtu.be/W-MJCkkQ1Bs

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Not sure how "finding" a guy at freaking Auburn is "amazing scouting work." Maybe the kid works out, but seems odd to me that no one bothered to score him coming out of a SEC school.
What I mean was, maybe our scouts saw something others didn't. The guy has talent, that much is clear. I'm not sure why he was in no one's radar as a 7th rounder to FA type.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/nfl-draft-projections-josh-holsey-sleeper-auburn-football

Quote:
The snub was harsh for Holsey, who started 31 of his 44 games at Auburn in spite of two major ACL injuries. In 2016, he led Auburn with 3 interceptions and tied fellow cornerback Carlton Davis for the team lead with 10 pass breakups.

This is probably why teams didn't want to draft him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: