Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your thoughts on the whole draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Garrett will look good coming around the edge wearing that number 95.

Wasn't that Jamir Millers number? Pretty much the only decent pass rusher we have had since we came back

Brown was a stud DE until injuries derailed his career.
Kruger was a solid pass rusher until the coaches tried to use him more in coverages

That and the fact that he benefitted from having Suggs on the other side in Baltimore and having Sheard on the other side here, when is was all on him, he was trash.

Sheard? Really, he made Kruger? I don't think so. Are you sure it wasn't Mingo or Kirksey because those three guys each getting 2sacks in '14 really were the reason Kruger gad 11 sacks.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is that the Browns haven't had a consistent pass rusher since Jamir Miller for 1-2 years prior to an Achilles year. Play in and play out he was getting after the QB. Aside from some of the aforementioned guys hanging their moments, we've mostly witnessed guys sitting back in the pocket for five seconds on us since '99. I'm hopeful that Ogbah and Garrett help to change that.
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to pick 3 guys that you feel will boom here, who would you pick? I don't mean who you want, but who you feel will.

1. Myles Garrett
2. David Njoku
3. Caleb Brantley

I chose 3 because that's the usual amount of guys who have success for an average teams draft class. A great class has 4-5 guys.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
If you have to pick 3 guys that you feel will boom here, who would you pick? I don't mean who you want, but who you feel will.

1. Myles Garrett
2. David Njoku
3. Caleb Brantley

I chose 3 because that's the usual amount of guys who have success for an average teams draft class. A great class has 4-5 guys.

I would take out Njoku due to the very unsettled QB situation and lack of WR talent around him (at least for now, hopefully both of these things get resolved). I would add in Peppers, because he is going to be all world in Williams' system.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

1. Myles Garrett
2. David Njoku
3. Caleb Brantley

1. Kizer
2. Njoku
3. Gonzalez

I'm concerned by Garretts lack to pass rush moves and tendency to get stuffed at the line when o lineman get their hands on him first.

Kizer will be a star. I'm convinced of this.

Njoku will be at worst Vernon Davis.

Gonzo should be a long term starter.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY reason I didn't pick Gonzo is because it's impossible for me to project a kickers success from college to the NFL.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
buno67

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

1. Myles Garrett
2. David Njoku
3. Caleb Brantley

I would take out Njoku due to the very unsettled QB situation and lack of WR talent around him (at least for now, hopefully both of these things get resolved). I would add in Peppers, because he is going to be all world in Williams' system.

unsettled QB situation might benefit him. QBs might check it down to the TE more or go with the biggest mismatch and it will most likely be NJoku vs a LB. Gonna be hard getting timing throwing it to 5-6 WRs than it is 1-2 TEs.

Its hard to say Peppers because we have no idea how he is going to be used or how he will perform in his role. I would call Peppers a Boom player right now as a returner. I see him housing at least one punt or kick off return.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Garrett
2. Peppers
3. Nacua and/or Wilson
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a nutshell, I put this offseason in the "Fezzik, you did something right." category.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
In a nutshell, I put this offseason in the "Fezzik, you did something right." category.

Inconceivable!!

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

1. Myles Garrett
2. David Njoku
3. Caleb Brantley

unsettled QB situation might benefit him. QBs might check it down to the TE more or go with the biggest mismatch and it will most likely be NJoku vs a LB. Gonna be hard getting timing throwing it to 5-6 WRs than it is 1-2 TEs.

Its hard to say Peppers because we have no idea how he is going to be used or how he will perform in his role. I would call Peppers a Boom player right now as a returner. I see him housing at least one punt or kick off return.

The reason I see it differently, is there is no one else to really worry about on our offense. It likely will be anemic. Coleman, hope he takes a huge leap and looks like he did at the start of the season, if not, no fear there.

Britt? He put up number last year, and finally cracked 1000, mainly because who else did the Rams have to throw to? Then the rest of the bad news bears from last year? Higgins, Louis, Payton? No fear there.

Mismatch or not, teams will be able to key on him and take him away.

I am hopeful to see a lot of Duke Johnson split out wide or coming out of the backfield. To me, that could be a saving grace for our offense.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an (as usually) amusing read from Mike Polk:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_thrill_fans_with_displa.html#incart_river_home_pop
brooks1957

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After taking a week or so to digest what happened, I think Sashi and Co, had an outstanding week.

They came into the draft with a definite plan. They executed the plan to perfection. Sure, they made adjustments throughout the weekend, be they never panicked and reached on a player. Instead of looking like a group that was coming into their first draft with a full year to prepare, they looked and performed like seasoned veterans. They know what they needed, what they wanted - and I think they delivered on both counts.

There was clear thought and targeted need behind every pick. No, I wasn't wild about the Brantley pick, but again, I understand the reasoning behind it.

This draft may not rival the Steelers 1974 Draft, but it very well may be the cornerstone of the rebuild.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: