Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sheldon Richardson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
Field the best team you can. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though. We have a lot of guys to resign next year but we're not going to resign everyone. Adding him to this DL gives us a nice mix of run stuffing and pass rushing players. That's a nice rotation. We still don't have that NT that you look for in a 3/4 but I think our front 7 is a position of strength with him.
I don't think we know yet that we don't have the NT we need on our roster. If Phil Taylor is healthy, he can be that guy. I also heard Al Galdi say yesterday that when Stacey McGee was on the field for the Raiders last season they gave up 1 yard less per carry. McGee is a run stuffer, McClain was a good run stuffer for the Cowboys last year and Taylor had been a good run defender before his knee injury. For all we know, these guys will be our answer there. At least by the stats and watching what these guys did last year and for Taylor earlier in his career, they could be the answer at NT.

We also have Joey Mbu, Matt Ioannidis, and AJ Francis!! Along with Phil Taylor surely one of them can handle the 20% of snaps we will use a NT!
Yeah, but I think it's more likely that McGee or Taylor - if healthy - is our starting NT. Ioannidis should be a back up, and if he shows enough to be our back up a NT then Mbu & Francis won't be on the team.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
The Jets aren't letting him go for less than a second rounder.

If your Allen and you can't re-sign Cousins, you do it.

Sorry but what are you talking about? The Jets are trying to give him away just nobody wants to pay him that salary, that is why a deal hasn't been made. He can easily be had for at most a 4th round pick if a team is willing to eat his salary. And in case you don't believe me here are a couple articles agreeing with me.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/ny-jets/highly-unlikely-jets-land-anything-of-value-in-potential-sheldon-richardson-trade/

http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/what-jets-can-get-in-second-try-to-trade-sheldon-richardson/

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jets-won-t-get-much-if-they-trade-sheldon-richardson-in-2017-021317
mar29020

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont want him. he isnt motivated
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, even if we had 70M in cap space, there's no way we're eating $8.1M for Richardson

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
Field the best team you can. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though. We have a lot of guys to resign next year but we're not going to resign everyone. Adding him to this DL gives us a nice mix of run stuffing and pass rushing players. That's a nice rotation. We still don't have that NT that you look for in a 3/4 but I think our front 7 is a position of strength with him.
I don't think we know yet that we don't have the NT we need on our roster. If Phil Taylor is healthy, he can be that guy. I also heard Al Galdi say yesterday that when Stacey McGee was on the field for the Raiders last season they gave up 1 yard less per carry. McGee is a run stuffer, McClain was a good run stuffer for the Cowboys last year and Taylor had been a good run defender before his knee injury. For all we know, these guys will be our answer there. At least by the stats and watching what these guys did last year and for Taylor earlier in his career, they could be the answer at NT.

Its always "if", isn't it?? Instead of us being certain we have it locked up, we're hoping and wishing we had it.

Reminds me of a saying from my grandma:

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

Its always "if", isn't it?? Instead of us being certain we have it locked up, we're hoping and wishing we had it.

Well I think McGee can play NT as well. Most Redskins fans get lost in our scheme and still don't understand it. I'll say it again, our scheme doesn't require us to have a zero technique big fat NT. Most NT's in our current scheme are built like 3-4 DE's or 4-3 three techniques, not like BRandon Williams or Dontari Poe, etc, etc.

Think about the Wade Phillips defenses of the past when guys like Jay Ratliff was playing NT for the Cowboys and Sylvester Williams.

I thought I read somewhere that Aaron Donald will be playing NT for the Rams this year in Wade Phillips's defense - which is the same as ours - and he's 6'1, 285 pounds, so...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

Well I think McGee can play NT as well. Most Redskins fans get lost in our scheme and still don't understand it. I'll say it again, our scheme doesn't require us to have a zero technique big fat NT. Most NT's in our current scheme are built like 3-4 DE's or 4-3 three techniques, not like BRandon Williams or Dontari Poe, etc, etc.

Think about the Wade Phillips defenses of the past when guys like Jay Ratliff was playing NT for the Cowboys and Sylvester Williams.

I thought I read somewhere that Aaron Donald will be playing NT for the Rams this year in Wade Phillips's defense - which is the same as ours - and he's 6'1, 285 pounds, so...

I don't get lost in our defense. I just don't think it works.

I don't care that this is the scheme Wade Phillips runs; he's not here running it.

I still think that forcing guys to unlearn all of their habits/muscle memory and adjust to a new system is a flawed system. This is why I don't really care about bringing in McClain and McGee (beyond overpaying for them); they won't have the impact you think they well.

While I think we will do better than we have in the past given the talent emphasis during this offseason, I still think we will be in the bottom half of the league in terms of run defense. Do note that if we were to place 17th in run defense with all of this, that would be the absolute BEST performance for the Redskins since they adopted the 3-4.
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
The Jets aren't letting him go for less than a second rounder.

If your Allen and you can't re-sign Cousins, you do it.

Sorry but what are you talking about? The Jets are trying to give him away just nobody wants to pay him that salary, that is why a deal hasn't been made. He can easily be had for at most a 4th round pick if a team is willing to eat his salary. And in case you don't believe me here are a couple articles agreeing with me.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/ny-jets/highly-unlikely-jets-land-anything-of-value-in-potential-sheldon-richardson-trade/

http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/what-jets-can-get-in-second-try-to-trade-sheldon-richardson/

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jets-won-t-get-much-if-they-trade-sheldon-richardson-in-2017-021317

He would be gone if he only cost a 4th rounder. He only costs 8.1 million.

Richardson still has talent. He played well in 2016, especially against the run.
I'd be willing to bet on him in a contract year if Cousins won't re-sign.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

I don't get lost in our defense. I just don't think it works.

I don't care that this is the scheme Wade Phillips runs; he's not here running it.

I still think that forcing guys to unlearn all of their habits/muscle memory and adjust to a new system is a flawed system. This is why I don't really care about bringing in McClain and McGee (beyond overpaying for them); they won't have the impact you think they well.

While I think we will do better than we have in the past given the talent emphasis during this offseason, I still think we will be in the bottom half of the league in terms of run defense. Do note that if we were to place 17th in run defense with all of this, that would be the absolute BEST performance for the Redskins since they adopted the 3-4.
In 2011 we were better the first half of the year before Landry got hurt again. We also finished 18th that year which is about average. Then in 2012, Landry was gone and Bowen, Carriker and Orakpo got hurt.

When you look closer and remember that season though you remember who our qb was - Rex Grossman - and that teams only got 4.3 avg ypc on our defense (tied for 15th despite Landry our SS only playing 1/2 the year ). The problem we had was quick fields because of bad turnovers from Rex and it caused our defense to have more plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: