Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Morgan Moses Sign 5 Year Deal!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 7h7 hours ago
More
On draft night, the #Redskins signed RT Morgan Moses to an extension, and itís a big one. 5 years, $40M base, $42.5M max, $20M guaranteed.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 7h7 hours ago
More
On draft night, the #Redskins signed RT Morgan Moses to an extension, and itís a big one. 5 years, $40M base, $42.5M max, $20M guaranteed.
Doesn't seem like an overpay to me. It's an average of 8 million per year for a very good RT who is arguably top 5.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the details
"Moses, who turned 26 in March, signed a five-year, $38.5 million deal last week"
http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/morgan-moses-contract-details-redskins-right-tackle-now-second-highest-paid

I wanted to hate it because he's not a top tackle in my eyes, but if you factor in the time value of money, length of contract, load, and how cap should increase it's a reasonable deal. I hope he gets some nasty from Scherff and Anderson and less Priss from Preston Prissy. Can't wait to see Anderson line up over him- it will be ugly lol

Here ye Here Ye- I think Bruce did ok on this one

Still a bumbling Bureaucrat skilled only with a Name and a skill for covering his own arse ( except in Richmond early one morning when he let it all hang out lol lol)
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Here are the details
"Moses, who turned 26 in March, signed a five-year, $38.5 million deal last week"
http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/morgan-moses-contract-details-redskins-right-tackle-now-second-highest-paid

I wanted to hate it because he's not a top tackle in my eyes, but if you factor in the time value of money, length of contract, load, and how cap should increase it's a reasonable deal. I hope he gets some nasty from Scherff and Anderson and less Priss from Preston Prissy. Can't wait to see Anderson line up over him- it will be ugly lol

Still a bumbling Bureaucrat skilled only with a Name and a skill for covering his own arse ( except in Richmond early one morning when he let it all hang out lol lol)
I think everyone also needs to remember that Moses - and Breeland as well - plays at least 2/3 if not 3/4 of the season on at least one bad ankle, and I'm pretty sure at least Breeland played on two bad ankles. So to me, they were tough enough to play more than 1/2 of the season on sprained ankles and while it affected their play, they still showed up on gametime for their team. Perhaps that doesn't mean a lot to everyone because they're only results driven people and if a player is hurt, they still blame them for not performing well but to me both guys playing hurt most of the season caused them to be inconsistent at times.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paraphrasing but read a Gruden quote --He was happy that the organization could pay Moses and make him and his family "comfortable " .. I don't know it's a good thing for an NFL starter to ever be "comfortable". I know what he meant but still-- when anyone reaches their goal it may get harder to keep up the effort that got you there .
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Paraphrasing but read a Gruden quote --He was happy that the organization could pay Moses and make him and his family "comfortable " .. I don't know it's a good thing for an NFL starter to ever be "comfortable". I know what he meant but still-- when anyone reaches their goal it may get harder to keep up the effort that got you there .
I guess that remains to be seen. If Moses were to get lazy we can always start Nsekhe over him in the short term to make him earn his job back.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat May 06, 2017 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Here are the details

For that kind of money, he should have nasty from Scherff and Anderson. He should be teaching it to them.

But it's not double digits, so it's not quite a horrid overpay that was originally reported. It's okay. He's an okay player. A bit of an overpay but that's to be expected with this team.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Here are the details

For that kind of money, he should have nasty from Scherff and Anderson. He should be teaching it to them.

But it's not double digits, so it's not quite a horrid overpay that was originally reported. It's okay. He's an okay player. A bit of an overpay but that's to be expected with this team.
Redskins haventbreally overpaid since Cerato was fired. If anything, they aren't willing to pay a little more for some players which has had us miss on a few good free agents. The best example is Allen wouldn't pay a few more million to ensure free safety Mike Mitchell signed with us in 2014, and not Pittsburgh. Our secondary would have been better with him the last 3 seasons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: