Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Decline Option for Pryor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
I'm not going to bash Pryor because we all knew what he was. But players like him need defined roles and shouldn't be put in positions they aren't going to excel at.

We have two versatile safeties who should help us on the back end now and hopefully Pryor can go somewhere where he's used to attack the LOS and make plays and never drop into coverage again.

Pryor could be useful on 3rd down blitzing from the Nickel.

Scary part is Adams and Maye aren't known for being great in coverage either. Not as bad as Pryor but still not great. I think it will only be a matter of time before we start digging Maye's coverage ability and linking it back to him pretty much just being a slightly bette version of Pryor.

It depends on what your definition of great is but Adams coverage is really good and Maye has played both sides as well in college.

Maye's strength will in coverage comes when the play is in front him of him. So it's he in the deep middle he can react and track the ball. He's got a similar play style to Landon Collins when you watch him. He's not going to get lost in coverage for example like Miles did vs Buffalo in week 2 on the Salas touchdown.

Pryor was known for 1 thing, these two are not and that's going to be the difference in their careers. I don't even think Pryor is bad but you just have to play him to his strengths.
Which is troubling from a head coaching perspective (also with Sheldon)

What I don't understand with Sheldon, why can't we play a four man line? Our LB are nothing to write home about, that we have to play four linebackers none of them are pass rushers, so what is the point. And all our linbackers are all lousy on pass coverage. How many INTs do our LB core have last year?

Because if all 3 or on the field either one is playing NT or one is playing DE and none have the ability to either full time.

I wanted to trade Mo what feels like 2 years ago now and I've been hoping for a Richardson trade now for nearly a year. Time to move on already.

Props to Mack on the sig
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
I haven't seen a LB pick off a pass in 7 years

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000730394/Lorenzo-Mauldin-intercepts-Josh-McCown-for-1-yard

Laughing
doumeyer

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
I'm not going to bash Pryor because we all knew what he was. But players like him need defined roles and shouldn't be put in positions they aren't going to excel at.

We have two versatile safeties who should help us on the back end now and hopefully Pryor can go somewhere where he's used to attack the LOS and make plays and never drop into coverage again.

Scary part is Adams and Maye aren't known for being great in coverage either. Not as bad as Pryor but still not great. I think it will only be a matter of time before we start digging Maye's coverage ability and linking it back to him pretty much just being a slightly bette version of Pryor.

It depends on what your definition of great is but Adams coverage is really good and Maye has played both sides as well in college.

Maye's strength will in coverage comes when the play is in front him of him. So it's he in the deep middle he can react and track the ball. He's got a similar play style to Landon Collins when you watch him. He's not going to get lost in coverage for example like Miles did vs Buffalo in week 2 on the Salas touchdown.

Pryor was known for 1 thing, these two are not and that's going to be the difference in their careers. I don't even think Pryor is bad but you just have to play him to his strengths.

What I don't understand with Sheldon, why can't we play a four man line? Our LB are nothing to write home about, that we have to play four linebackers none of them are pass rushers, so what is the point. And all our linbackers are all lousy on pass coverage. How many INTs do our LB core have last year?

Because if all 3 or on the field either one is playing NT or one is playing DE and none have the ability to either full time.

I wanted to trade Mo what feels like 2 years ago now and I've been hoping for a Richardson trade now for nearly a year. Time to move on already.

Rockie sorry I don't buy that, it could Mo & Williams at the ends & Sheldon & anybody else at DT. Let be honest our LB are sub par, in fact it could be one of the worst in the league.
walker85

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Pryor selection and other moments Reply with quote

I still remember that draft year. I had been hoping we would take
Clinton-Dix who was more of a coverage guy than Pryor, but
Knew the Jets would go for the big hitter in what was becoming a pass oriented league. Just add this to Coples, Wilson, Milliner as Jet moments.
What other team would use the 9th pick on someone who had multiple surgeries in college.
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
I haven't seen a LB pick off a pass in 7 years

Is the "7 years" dating back to David Harris picking off Brady in the 2010 playoffs? I remember that, and it was awesome.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Rockie sorry I don't buy that, it could Mo & Williams at the ends & Sheldon & anybody else at DT. Let be honest our LB are sub par, in fact it could be one of the worst in the league.

Absolutely and if you're in a 4-3 they can both still rotate between DE and NT. They don't have to stay at one or another or the entire game. They are both 4 down players. They're the two most talented players on the team and are extremely young but Jets fans are desperate to get rid of them! I don't understand.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

Absolutely and if you're in a 4-3 they can both still rotate between DE and NT. They don't have to stay at one or another or the entire game. They are both 4 down players. They're the two most talented players on the team and are extremely young but Jets fans are desperate to get rid of them! I don't understand.

We should have played a 4-3 all of last year. We just need a MLB, Lee is a OLB.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: