Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
The 2017 draft literally just finished and you already have positional Top 10s (including fullback rankings lol). How is that even possible?

These are just very early observations. A lot will change

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
It seems like I'm in the minority, but people have argued to pass on the 2017 for the 2018 QB class, but yet this QB class doesn't look the most promising to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar Jackson changed positions, some of these guys might not come out, and some will probably regress. A bunch of these guys are from spread Offenses as well. It seems like a huge part of this QB class is reliant on Sam Darnold, a guy becoming a rSo. One of the biggest knocks against Mitch Trubisky was that he only had one year starting experience, and while Darnold will have two, he will still be relatively young and inexperienced.

I agree that I'm not necessarily sure on Jackson...I didn't see an NFL quarterback last year. But Josh Allen could be a total stud. I'm on board with him as a potential franchise guy. Not a guarantee of course (he has some major flags that I want to see him start to iron out, which is why I was glad he went back), but when I watched the quarterbacks last year, I Felt like he easily had the most impressive throws overall. There are a couple of sideline throws against Boise that just made me giddy they were so good.

Rosen has been somewhat a disappointment thus far in my opinion, but I still like him more than anyone from this past draft. I'm a Baker Mayfield believer as well. Mason Rudolph I'm not sure on yet - big variances in where I can see him going and I haven't decided what to do with him yet. So I'll be watching him closely. This draft has the potential to be much stronger at the top with regards to quarterbacks, and much stronger at the back end with guys like Jake Browning who may not even slide into the top 8 to 10.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:
It seems like I'm in the minority, but people have argued to pass on the 2017 for the 2018 QB class, but yet this QB class doesn't look the most promising to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar Jackson changed positions, some of these guys might not come out, and some will probably regress. A bunch of these guys are from spread Offenses as well. It seems like a huge part of this QB class is reliant on Sam Darnold, a guy becoming a rSo. One of the biggest knocks against Mitch Trubisky was that he only had one year starting experience, and while Darnold will have two, he will still be relatively young and inexperienced.

I agree that I'm not necessarily sure on Jackson...I didn't see an NFL quarterback last year. But Josh Allen could be a total stud. I'm on board with him as a potential franchise guy. Not a guarantee of course (he has some major flags that I want to see him start to iron out, which is why I was glad he went back), but when I watched the quarterbacks last year, I Felt like he easily had the most impressive throws overall. There are a couple of sideline throws against Boise that just made me giddy they were so good.

Rosen has been somewhat a disappointment thus far in my opinion, but I still like him more than anyone from this past draft. I'm a Baker Mayfield believer as well. Mason Rudolph I'm not sure on yet - big variances in where I can see him going and I haven't decided what to do with him yet. So I'll be watching him closely. This draft has the potential to be much stronger at the top with regards to quarterbacks, and much stronger at the back end with guys like Jake Browning who may not even slide into the top 8 to 10.

I've heard Mayfield and Rosen both have off-the-field concerns. I absolutely hate off-the-field concerns for QB's.
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Forge wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

I've heard Mayfield and Rosen both have off-the-field concerns. I absolutely hate off-the-field concerns for QB's.

People are underrimg Jackson as a passer. A good question would be Pat Mahomes or Lamar Jackson?

I'd take Jackson in a heartbeat

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Forge wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

They do. I agree that I don't like knucklehead quarterbacks either. Mayfields I think will likely go away. If he keeps his nose clean, I think teams will likely let his previous arrest slide for the most part and chalk it up to boys will be boys type behavior.

Rosen's interviews will be big. He's been pretty immature, and that's the biggest issue. Seems spoiled to some degree, but I don't know him, so I can't say for sure. The immaturity is evident though. He's also the tye that speaks his mind and doesn't back down...which may rub people the wrong way. One of the reasons I don't like him nearly as much as Allen and Darnold.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Marky

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Sam Darnold yesterday. His intermediate game, along with his roll out game is sick. Definitely want to see how he progresses. He was a little inconsistent on his short throws. I would like him to really improve his footwork on those. Seems like he relies on his arm and throws off of his back foot a lot.

PSN- NewDayRocks4
Student @ smww.com
Scout for the funz of it
Ozzy

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list, here are some thoughts...

QB
Not sure I considering Quinton Flowers a QB prospect at all. Is a much better runner than a passer, I think possibly position switch for him. And where is Deondre Francois? I have him arguably better than any of these guys. And JT Barrett has worlds to improve, last season barely even played like a NFL prospect. And Kyle Allen on Houston should have a huge year and has as much arm talent as anyone. I also think Jarrett Stidham is going to blow up at Auburn and do very well.

RB
Kamryn Pettway should be on the RB list, kid is a beast. And Jaylen Samuels and Justin Crawford are top 10 backs potentially in this class, especially Samuels who could also play WR. Royce Freeman better improve this year, had a rough last season for sure so I did drop him in the overall RB rankings.

FB
I like Hill as well, very interesting talent even as a HB and possible blocking TE. Flowers is a impressive FB as well, nice weapon out of the backfield and a good talent. See if Garrett Dickerson can continue to be a weapon out of the backfield off of what he did late last year.

WR
Hopefully Hurts can get Ridley the ball this year, his talent was wasted a lot last year because of pretty poor QB play. I have Callaway higher just on return ability a lot, has elite skills to make you miss and is a explosive athlete. Be interesting how James Washington does, his production is extremely impressive, curious how he times out.

TE
I like Gesicki as well, #1 TE for sure at this point. I would say C'yontai Lewis on Florida has more potential than Goolsby but will see. Will be very interesting which Michigan TE will break out, they have a lot of potential there just a matter of who is the one.

OT
I like Connor Williams as well, not sure he has the power of Orlando Brown though, that kid is super strong and massive, but does need to show a little more athletic ability. That is why I have Trey Adams so high, big and long and a really good athlete. I think Chukwuma Okorafor,
Yosuah Nijman, David Knevel could really improve a lot and impress this season at OT, all super long tackles.

OG
Not a huge fan of Price, I think he is a little overrated and got beat bad a few times last year. I have Ivey the #1 OG, and Patrick Vahe not to mention Ross Pierschbacher but he might not come out early. Hopefully Shamire Devine plays well, kid is a house and one of the biggest players around.

DE
At DE these guys Jaylon Ferguson, Corbin Kaufusi, Marcus Davenport all I expect to have big years, physically they are all extremely long and athletic. And Landry if he continues his great success on the field should easily be a first round pick. I like Chubb as well, very interesting talent, Hubbard I thought did not impressive last year and still has a ways to go in terms of power and strength.

DT
Hopefully Thompson can come back on Georgia this year after the medical stuff. Hurst has a lot of ability but will see if he can still produce with so much talent off that DL.

OLB
Hopefully Skai Moore can come back and be the player he was before, if so is a 1st round talent. Edmunds I like a lot as well, love his size and athletic ability. Not sure Haynes is the #1 guy though, as an overall backer he is not impressive, basically just a pass rusher and that is it, does not put up a huge fight in the run and is not super strong or tough I would say. Malik Jefferson in terms of talent is arguably the #1 guy at OLB.

ILB
I think Rashaan Evans will have an extremely productive season much like Foster did last year. Had a good end the last season and is just as athletic and quick. Be interesting how DeLuca comes back off injury. And Reggie Carter I see more as a 3/4 OLB not a ILB but will see, got to love his size though.

CB
I think Fitzpatrick might stick at safety, I believe he is playing safety this year possibly as well. Will see, fine player but as a pure corner I have McFadden over him. Facyson has a lot of ability but has to play a lot better I think to be that high, he got beat a lot. Ed Paris has barely saw the field, very talented guy but not sure at this point he is better than Jackson or Toliver. Will see, and too bad John Reid got injured, he was a very good player but hopefully he can come back. And Jamarcus King and DJ Reed I expect a lot out of respectfully.

S
I have Hansen higher than you do, I loved what he did last year and has the size and the speed. Really interesting playmaker at safety. And Blanding will be interesting how he does, rarely does a player as talented as he is come back for his senior year at safety. And hope James can stay healthy, he is arguably the #1 talent in the nation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: