Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets release FS Marcus Gilchrist

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10872
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Jets release FS Marcus Gilchrist Reply with quote

Figured this was coming after drafting Adams/Maye.

Will be interesting to see what kind of rotation the Jets implement if they keep Pryor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8893
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middleton I think deserves a shot at backup FS. This move allows that. We should do the same thing with Harris but we don't have the young blood in like to be able to cut him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 2099
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older vets who don't offer either sufficient leadership qualities or the ability to perform at a high level really need to go. Without doubt the right decision.
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10745
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With Jamal Adams and Marcus Gilchrest you now form one of the best safety tandems in the league" --Mayock

LMAO clown. Gilchrest was bad last year. Pryor at least has upside and could find a role somewhere or has trade value. Pryor probably will be the 3rd safety though, guy just cant cover and misses a Marcus Williams amount of tackles.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harris Smith


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1706
Location: Totowa, NJ
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the Jets save if by releasing him? Wouldn't mind finding some room to sign Mangold, Clady, or both.

edit* Jets were paying him 6 mill per, save 4.8 in cap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
famousj


Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 2678
Location: Queens, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a given the moment Jamal Adams name was called. I am more curious what are the Jets going to decide to do with Eric Decker. I rather have proven WR on the team who can show the younger WRs how to run good routes and be productive.
_________________
2-14 OR BUST. "THE PHILLY FLOP"
The Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson sweepstakes begin today.
GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 4134
Location: FL
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to keep Decker to give Hack and Petty a fair chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 18181
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense because Adams and Maye will be our starters. It will interesting to see what happens with the rest of the safeties behind the rooks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4161
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
This was a given the moment Jamal Adams name was called. I am more curious what are the Jets going to decide to do with Eric Decker. I rather have proven WR on the team who can show the younger WRs how to run good routes and be productive.


I really think Enunwa can handle that. Last year he really worked hard to refine his route running and it paid off. I think he can be that guy should we decide to move on from Decker.

I'll wait until TC before making my decision on Decker to see what the young guys look like.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8893
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
famousj wrote:
This was a given the moment Jamal Adams name was called. I am more curious what are the Jets going to decide to do with Eric Decker. I rather have proven WR on the team who can show the younger WRs how to run good routes and be productive.


I really think Enunwa can handle that. Last year he really worked hard to refine his route running and it paid off. I think he can be that guy should we decide to move on from Decker.

I'll wait until TC before making my decision on Decker to see what the young guys look like.

WE aren't hurting for cap space, so I say keep Decker around. We have a ton of young WRs and having him here will help out tons from a vet perspective. Harris is the guy I want us to move on from. WE just have no young blood to take over for him. So until we do that he's a huge cap hit and a liability for this defense. I love Harris, but the time has come to move on from him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 2099
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
famousj wrote:
This was a given the moment Jamal Adams name was called. I am more curious what are the Jets going to decide to do with Eric Decker. I rather have proven WR on the team who can show the younger WRs how to run good routes and be productive.


I really think Enunwa can handle that. Last year he really worked hard to refine his route running and it paid off. I think he can be that guy should we decide to move on from Decker.

I'll wait until TC before making my decision on Decker to see what the young guys look like.

WE aren't hurting for cap space, so I say keep Decker around. We have a ton of young WRs and having him here will help out tons from a vet perspective. Harris is the guy I want us to move on from. WE just have no young blood to take over for him. So until we do that he's a huge cap hit and a liability for this defense. I love Harris, but the time has come to move on from him.


Should of signed Zach Brown
_________________


Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group