Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stock Watch: The 2018 QB's
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Should just make this a overall college football thread so we don't have to make different threads when the season start.

If Hack doesn't work out, I'd be happy with Rosen, Allen, Darnold. Rosen have to show me more maturity this season and real leadership skills. Rosen is still my favorite, but it's close.

I think it's obvious that this year is going we're all going to pay extra special attention to the QB class. I'm more interested to see how the stock of players fluctuate as the season goes on. I mean after all Hackenberg was the future #1 overall pick, hell even this past year Kayya to some could potentially push for a top pick.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Should just make this a overall college football thread so we don't have to make different threads when the season start.

If Hack doesn't work out, I'd be happy with Rosen, Allen, Darnold. Rosen have to show me more maturity this season and real leadership skills. Rosen is still my favorite, but it's close.

I think it's obvious that this year is going we're all going to pay extra special attention to the QB class. I'm more interested to see how the stock of players fluctuate as the season goes on. I mean after all Hackenberg was the future #1 overall pick, hell even this past year Kayya to some could potentially push for a top pick.

That's true.

As of right now, I would be happy with the top 3 QBs mentioned so far with Allen, Darnold, and Rosen. But it does change a lot. I remember when we thought we weren't going to have a shot at drafting Geno Smith after his 8TD game against Marshall.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to say "next year will be a great QB class." This time last year Deshaun Watson and Brad Kaaya were considered "1st round locks" with many considering Chad Kelly and JT Barrett as 1st round options as well. Watson ended up in round 1, but Kaaya was a 6th rounder, Kelly a 7th, and JT Barrett didn't even come out.

As far as next years class...

Allen is an intriguing prospect out of... Wyoming. What if the accuracy doesn't improve?
Darnold will only be RS-Soph. Whose to say he doesn't return to school?
Rosen is supremely talented, but has entitlement issues. Another Chad Kelly?
Jackson is primarily a running QB; what will the NFL think of him as a passer?
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
It's easy to say "next year will be a great QB class." This time last year Deshaun Watson and Brad Kaaya were considered "1st round locks" with many considering Chad Kelly and JT Barrett as 1st round options as well. Watson ended up in round 1, but Kaaya was a 6th rounder, Kelly a 7th, and JT Barrett didn't even come out.

As far as next years class...

Allen is an intriguing prospect out of... Wyoming. What if the accuracy doesn't improve?
Darnold will only be RS-Soph. Whose to say he doesn't return to school?
Rosen is supremely talented, but has entitlement issues. Another Chad Kelly?
Jackson is primarily a running QB; what will the NFL think of him as a passer?

In one of Jackson's early games last year, I think FSU but it could have been Clemson, I remember the commentator saying that the NFL might be looking at him as more a WR/RB than QB. Maybe he'll show improvement but as of now I'm not sure if QBing is in his future.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, a lot can change between now and next year. But you can't deny the potential of the 2018 class. Hopefully they all stay healthy and they all play well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: