You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steller Steeler receiver corp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
When is the last time the team cut a 3rd Rd pick before his 3rd Season?

Almost never. It's not happening. People need to get over it.

Like I said:
3 guys, 2 spots.

Ayers, Hunter, DHB

My money is on Ayers and Hunter.

Where do these guys fit on the roster though and why?

I dont see anyway Hunter makes this roster -- he is too redundant. He is a low end deep threat and we already have Bryant and Coates to do that. What purpose would Hunter serve outside of depth? He is not a STer. He would be a guy who wouldnt get a helmet and wouldnt have a role unless their were a few injuries. Also very little chance some other team is all over him as a talent so there is a good chance he is still available if push came to shove mid season.

I think Ayers spot to the roster is through Rogers. Personally, I believe that's going to be the direct competition. If he can develop as a return guy I can see us keeping him as a 6th (w/ keeping both he and Rogers), but I also think between AB, Kniles Davis, Rogers, and even Sutton they could fill that role in other spaces, so he would need to prove to be special. I think to keep him as a 6th they would have to believe without a shadow of a doubt that he develops into something special (a la a poor mans AB) or that he is hands down the best returning option. Other than that...Im not sure why you keep him.

Just dont think this is the position to keep guys strictly based on potential and future involvement. LB and CB and both other positions that can offer ST help and also places where we need to take a couple shots on developing talent. Keeping Ayers as a hopefully to develop doesnt make sense to me. We are really good at drafting WRs as of late and his best hope I would think is to be a future #3 behind AB and hopefully JuJu.

There are only 3 LBs and 2 DBs currently on this roster that I see still being her beyond next year for certain - Dupree, Shazier, Watt, Burns, and Davis. Everyone else is debatable at that position. Our ability to reproduce receivers seemingly at will vs. our inabilities to retain quality DB/LBs lead me to think that those are the positions we should concentrate more roster resources to in hopes of development.

Ok so I'm working with 6 WR's going to be on the roster.

Brown, Bryant, Coats, Smith-Schuester.

So carrying 6 WR's that leaves 2.

I say Ayers because of his ability to return that ball and play the slot.

Hunter because he offers the ability to step in for Bryant on the fly. I think DHB is more likely to be there mid season for an emergency pickup than Hunter IMO.

Why Rogers on the outside looking in? He's only an inside WR. Can't offer anything on ST. Doesn't do too well on the outside. So a limited WR, who isn't a make or break guy...eh.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeezy55 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Dri Archer Laughing

Twisted Evil You just undid years of therapy that had apparently worked.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeezy55 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Dri Archer Laughing

Oh I completely forgot about that disaster.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
JPeezy55 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Dri Archer Laughing

Yeah, thanks a lot JPeezy.
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Steller Steeler receiver corp Reply with quote

SUPER43FLY wrote:
Brown , Martavis , Rogers and JuJu

Don't sleep on Sammie Coates. He's electric with the ball in his hands. I'm expecting this year to be his best year yet. Hopefully, breaking some fingers will teach him to properly learn how to catch the damn ball.

Hey - no more DHB Applause
Dcash4

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Dcash4 wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Almost never. It's not happening. People need to get over it.

Like I said:
3 guys, 2 spots.

Ayers, Hunter, DHB

My money is on Ayers and Hunter.

Where do these guys fit on the roster though and why?

I dont see anyway Hunter makes this roster -- he is too redundant. He is a low end deep threat and we already have Bryant and Coates to do that. What purpose would Hunter serve outside of depth? He is not a STer. He would be a guy who wouldnt get a helmet and wouldnt have a role unless their were a few injuries. Also very little chance some other team is all over him as a talent so there is a good chance he is still available if push came to shove mid season.

I think Ayers spot to the roster is through Rogers. Personally, I believe that's going to be the direct competition. If he can develop as a return guy I can see us keeping him as a 6th (w/ keeping both he and Rogers), but I also think between AB, Kniles Davis, Rogers, and even Sutton they could fill that role in other spaces, so he would need to prove to be special. I think to keep him as a 6th they would have to believe without a shadow of a doubt that he develops into something special (a la a poor mans AB) or that he is hands down the best returning option. Other than that...Im not sure why you keep him.

Just dont think this is the position to keep guys strictly based on potential and future involvement. LB and CB and both other positions that can offer ST help and also places where we need to take a couple shots on developing talent. Keeping Ayers as a hopefully to develop doesnt make sense to me. We are really good at drafting WRs as of late and his best hope I would think is to be a future #3 behind AB and hopefully JuJu.

There are only 3 LBs and 2 DBs currently on this roster that I see still being her beyond next year for certain - Dupree, Shazier, Watt, Burns, and Davis. Everyone else is debatable at that position. Our ability to reproduce receivers seemingly at will vs. our inabilities to retain quality DB/LBs lead me to think that those are the positions we should concentrate more roster resources to in hopes of development.

Hunter because he offers the ability to step in for Bryant on the fly. I think DHB is more likely to be there mid season for an emergency pickup than Hunter IMO.

Why Rogers on the outside looking in? He's only an inside WR. Can't offer anything on ST. Doesn't do too well on the outside. So a limited WR, who isn't a make or break guy...eh.

Appreciate the insight. I personally just have a hard time seeing 6 this year. I think our 5 look the same, but I just dont see the need for Hunter. Behind Bryant as the deep threat there is Coates - who offers more from a ST standpoint anyway. You would have to go down 2 guys to get to Hunter. WR isnt the position for us to keep luxury depth when theres too many weaknesses in too many other positions that can offer ST help as well as try to groom some guys for future potential.

I also think Rogers is out. I think JuJu cuts into his slot snaps and Ayers pushes for the spot too. Thinking back to last year there were a lot of reports about Rogers not being on time. Guys like AB can get away with that, but Rogers is going to be fighting for a spot in camp now. If he isnt on point in that area as well as on the field...he wont be here anymore.
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
JPeezy55 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Dri Archer Laughing

Yeah, thanks a lot JPeezy.

Laughing Laughing

Whoops, I know we all want to forget

Welcome to Sixburgh.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nst8hh2VAck No words needed.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
TheClocksTickin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

All well and good, but highlight reels leave out the low points. We all want that Coates but aren't sold that's the one we're going to get. Fingers crossed.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheClocksTickin wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

All well and good, but highlight reels leave out the low points. We all want that Coates but aren't sold that's the one we're going to get. Fingers crossed.

Now that's just mean.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:

I'll bet you anything you want Eli Rogers is on this team!!!
skywlker32

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

Just watched the beginning of it, and not that they aren't good plays from Coates, but the biggest thing I got out of it is that Ben throws such a pretty deep ball (especially compared to early in his career when he seemed to miss on deep throws often).

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
warfelg

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg....First off, cant see your post for some reason (until I quoted it, at least). EDIT....I think it has something to do with that twitter post you quoted.....because when I quoted you, I couldnt see my post either, but works now after deleting it.

Secondly, not sure what youre saying. If he cant catch NEXT year, he cant catch....regardless of the reason.

Ive defended Coates many times, and I think people have been way too unfair with him....but if that finger ends up affecting his ability to catch going forward, he needs to go. He already had drop issues BEFORE hurting that finger.

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep Rogers over Hunter because he is an established slot guy, and other than Brown, I'm not sure any of the other wrs are.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: