Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Visiting San Francisco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Visiting San Francisco Reply with quote

What's up guys,

So my gf has been on to me about visiting SF for some time now, the last vacation we took was Cabo (my choice) and the one before that Cancun (also my choice, yes I like the beach and drinking Laughing ) so now it's her turn. Well the Cowboys play @ San Francisco this year, so there's my excuse to give in and go.

Anyways I know she'll have her places she wants to go visit, but my post is more specifically around the game and surrounding area to Levi's Stadium.

1) What's a good place to go eat and watch college football the day before (Saturday Oct 21?). Ideally a place with a great view, lots of happenings around us/shopping so that if she wants to do that while I watch the Texas Tech game she can.

2) Where should I get tickets for the Cowboys-49ers game? 49ers website, stubhub, scalpers, etc?

And for those who have been to the stadium, what section should I look into getting tickets for? Probably not trying to drop more than $125-150 per ticket so keep that in mind.

3) Any secrets about the city that the normal tourist doesn't know about that we have to go check out? Could be restaurants, attractions, whatever.

Flights right now from DAL > SF are $250 round trip, so I'm probably going to book this weekend. Cool

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if youre looking to plan the trip around going to the game then that's one thing. If youre looking to go on a trip to SF thats another. Levi's is located in Santa Clara (south bay) and there's plenty to do there. SF is about an hour away and even longer with traffic but theres obviously plenty to do there as well.

In the South Bay I'd say hit up Santana Row theres some solid shops/restaraunts that lady friends will enjoy. I know there are guys on here that are more familiar with their own parts of the bay. I'm an Oakland fella myself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't help this man!!!! He's about to make me wear a particularly awful signature for a month when Mahomes goes in the top 25 Laughing

Actually, I'd help you out, but I've never actually been to SF. I'll be posting this question myself in a few months when i get a cheap flight from Vegas to SF for a quick weekend getaway.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
So if youre looking to plan the trip around going to the game then that's one thing. If youre looking to go on a trip to SF thats another. Levi's is located in Santa Clara (south bay) and there's plenty to do there. SF is about an hour away and even longer with traffic but theres obviously plenty to do there as well.

In the South Bay I'd say hit up Santana Row theres some solid shops/restaraunts that lady friends will enjoy. I know there are guys on here that are more familiar with their own parts of the bay. I'm an Oakland fella myself.

Thank you kind sir.

The trip definitely won't be planned around the game, we're probably flying in Wednesday the 18th and staying until Tuesday the 24th (flights are soooo much cheaper mid week), so we'll have a whole week in the area.

I guess just the day of the game we'll go down to Santa Clara then. See this is why I ask questions, because I had no idea the stadium was an hour away from the city. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Don't help this man!!!! He's about to make me wear a particularly awful signature for a month when Mahomes goes in the top 25 Laughing

Actually, I'd help you out, but I've never actually been to SF. I'll be posting this question myself in a few months when i get a cheap flight from Vegas to SF for a quick weekend getaway.

Hahaha it's going to be glorious my man. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge I still think Mahomes goes 25 or later so have hope. Laughing

I dont know where the nearest Texas Tech bar is but you never know there might be one somewhere. I've been to an Auburn bar in San Jose once and that was pretty rad.

CA Academy of Sciences is the coolest thing in the city imo and they make it a mini nightclub on thursday nights so that's one thing i recommend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Forge I still think Mahomes goes 25 or later so have hope. Laughing

25 and I win the bet. He needs later to happen, and that's not happening Cool

Quote:
I dont know where the nearest Texas Tech bar is but you never know there might be one somewhere. I've been to an Auburn bar in San Jose once and that was pretty rad.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a Tech bar, but yeah just a TV that hopefully the locals don't mind if it's on a Texas Tech-Iowa State game lol.

Quote:
CA Academy of Sciences is the coolest thing in the city imo and they make it a mini nightclub on thursday nights so that's one thing i recommend.

After a little google research that place looks legit and will definitely forward to my gf. Thanks for that.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So right now the cheapest tickets are like $170 each.

Surely that will come down, right?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
So right now the cheapest tickets are like $170 each.

Surely that will come down, right?

Probably not because on of two things will happen: the 9ers will do better than expected or the Cowboys will be near the top of the NFC again. Either will push the current price up. Doubt both teams are trash so didn't even mention it. Plus, whats an extra $30 a ticket now for your peace of mind.

Ok, so I'm born and raised here, living everywhere and having season tickets at Levi's. My suggestions:

) What's a good place to go eat and watch college football the day before (Saturday Oct 21?). Ideally a place with a great view, lots of happenings around us/shopping so that if she wants to do that while I watch the Texas Tech game she can.

NorCal isn't too big on College football (in the sense that every bar will be packed with CB viewers) so the better question would be which team did you want to follow? personally, and my recommendations wont do you any favors as it's all over the Bay Area, my favorite place to watch college football is Old Pro in Palo Alto. They would have virtually every game on and being in PA during college football Saturday with the Stanford kids is a ton of fun.

2) Where should I get tickets for the Cowboys-49ers game? 49ers website, stubhub, scalpers, etc?

And for those who have been to the stadium, what section should I look into getting tickets for? Probably not trying to drop more than $125-150 per ticket so keep that in mind.

Stubhub your best shot. 100% verified and just makes it as easy as possible Please don't go to a secondary sight where the tickets are like $40 cheaper. This means you are buying fakes and the 9ers aren't responsible for that.

3) Any secrets about the city that the normal tourist doesn't know about that we have to go check out? Could be restaurants, attractions, whatever.

City has a little of everything so whatever you guys want to do, it can be done in SF. If you want a nice dinner one night, you can do that. If you want a sleazy dive bar another, you can do that too. I would definitely go get lost and try the food at Chinatown. Not sure how much of that is available in Texas. Beach chalet on the beach in the Sunset is amazing. Wilson and Wilson is a fancy cocktail bar which is a speakeasy inside a speakeasy. Appointment needed. Taqueria everywhere

Lastly, make a day to check out Oakland. Has a TON going for it and you may be able to even catch a Warriors pre-season game for cheap. You should do 2-3 days in SF, 1 day ins South Bay (San Jose/Palo Alto) and one day in Oakland.

DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man Very Happy

If it were up to me I'd definitely do the Warriors game but I doubt I can get that by her since we're already doing the Cowboys-49ers game. I'm not taking any chances Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: