You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day 1: Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 21311
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/858462182832570368

Pats signed udfa twin brothers. BB taking his trickery to the next level this season.
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluemushrooms


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 2916
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/858462182832570368

Pats signed udfa twin brothers. BB taking his trickery to the next level this season.


TE and WR. Put them both on the field and the other team will have no idea if they're lined up against the TE or WR; bamboozle strategy forlife
_________________

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lancerman


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 8685
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/858462182832570368

Pats signed udfa twin brothers. BB taking his trickery to the next level this season.


TE and WR. Put them both on the field and the other team will have no idea if they're lined up against the TE or WR; bamboozle strategy forlife


Have one wear 69 and the other wear 96
_________________
Signature
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 7095
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/858462182832570368

Pats signed udfa twin brothers. BB taking his trickery to the next level this season.


TE and WR. Put them both on the field and the other team will have no idea if they're lined up against the TE or WR; bamboozle strategy forlife


Have one wear 69 and the other wear 96


I renew my demand for the signing of Jason McCourty. I want be able to hear an announcer say "And that's McCourty covering Hollister" and have to guess which of the four possible combos it was.
_________________
Adopt-a-Pat
2014 - Rob Gronkowski TE: Rec: 82 Yds: 1124 TD: 12
2015 - Rob Ninkovich DE: Tkl: 52 Sck: 6.5 FF: 1 FR: 1 INT: 0 PD: 7
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1ForTheThumb


Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 398
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's everyone's early bet for an UDFA to make the roster? You know there will be at least one.
_________________
(XXXVI) (XXXVIII) (XXXIX) (XLIX) (LI)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluemushrooms


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 2916
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
Who's everyone's early bet for an UDFA to make the roster? You know there will be at least one.


Probably Harvey Langi
_________________

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Welsh Patriot


Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 2154
Location: Wales
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got any info on our UDFA's. usually has its own thread in here. What's Langi like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12705
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S David Jones -Takeaway specialist with supreme athleticism. He would have been drafted if not for facturing his forearm.

TE Jacob Hollister - A very productive big play vertical seam TE, he offers very little in the way of blocking or even underneath passing. Most of his catches were 20+ yards downfield. He has very good hands and decent measurables but strikes me as a one trick pony.

WR Cody Hollister - A good special teamer, he has the measurables and the tools to develop into a decent WR but has work to do to get there. Injuries derailed him a lot in college and he is coming off toe surgery.

WR Austin Carr - Not terribly fast for a WR, he does have a great 3 cone number and was touted as one of the better slot receivers in the nation. However, it is likely he was just a one year wonder as he struggled to get on the field for most of his time in college. He also might not transition to the NFL very well.

LB Harvey Langi - a versatile player, he is already 25 but has experience at OLB, WLB, MLB, and DE as well as some snaps as a goal line RB. The versatility and his special teams ability make him one of the best bets to make the team out of the UDFA class. His measurables were passable.

DT Josh Augusta - The guys struggles with his weight and conditioning. He was a rotational pass rusher his entire college career which saw him balloon up to 370 lbs at times. Getting his weight under control will be key to any possible NFL success. I would be shocked if he made the roster.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reamer


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 488
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augusta was up to 390 while struggling with an undiagnosed thyroid problem that was discovered at his all star game earlier this year. Now that he's on medication, he has lost 45 pounds, and he should be down to 330 by training camp. His 2016 tape is bad, but he was pretty good in 2015 before he ballooned up and got too heavy to move. At his lower weight at pro day, he was sub 5.0 on some stopwatches, and he hit 30" in the vertical. For a 6'4 #345 man, that's elite. He could be another Branch, once he improves technique. Not many guys that big/athletic out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluemushrooms


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 2916
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
Augusta was up to 390 while struggling with an undiagnosed thyroid problem that was discovered at his all star game earlier this year. Now that he's on medication, he has lost 45 pounds, and he should be down to 330 by training camp. His 2016 tape is bad, but he was pretty good in 2015 before he ballooned up and got too heavy to move. At his lower weight at pro day, he was sub 5.0 on some stopwatches, and he hit 30" in the vertical. For a 6'4 #345 man, that's elite. He could be another Branch, once he improves technique. Not many guys that big/athletic out there.


Yup, Augusta is a really athletic fat man. But he's either going to have to show some serious football IQ growth or even more athleticism to stick even on the PSquad
_________________

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group