Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select DJ Jones, DT, Ole Miss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: 49ers Select DJ Jones, DT, Ole Miss Reply with quote

Discuss.

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great value I thought. Worry about his instincts, but but he can be disruptive, which i like from a nose. Its just gravy.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, A+ pick here for the 1 tech. Perfect fit. Holds up the POA very well, and lets the playmakers make plays.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Yep, A+ pick here for the 1 tech. Perfect fit. Holds up the POA very well, and lets the playmakers make plays.

And from Ole Miss! Another Runnin' Rebel has entered the building! Dancing

Seriously, I like the pick.
niners2theend

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9ers got a steal in D.J. Jones... Cold hard facts about D.J. -

In 2015: NFL.com named Jones the 14th-strongest player in college football last year after he bench-pressed 440 pounds and squatted 650.

The 49ers who were the worse in stopping the run last season definitely remedy that with the addition of this behemoth in the middle... And with the addition of reuben foster & solomon thomas, and last year's first round stud, DeForrest Buckner... I expect the 9ers to be in the top 10#, and possibly vying for a playoff slot in November...
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niners2theend wrote:

In 2015: NFL.com named Jones the 14th-strongest player in college football last year after he bench-pressed 440 pounds and squatted 650.

The 49ers who were the worse in stopping the run last season definitely remedy that with the addition of this behemoth in the middle... And with the addition of reuben foster & solomon thomas, and last year's first round stud, DeForrest Buckner... I expect the 9ers to be in the top 10#, and possibly vying for a playoff slot in November...

Vying for a playoff spot? All because of a 6th round NT and an expected improvement from a historically bad run defense? Love the enthusiasm, optimism and the day drinking as well N2TE, I just have a hard time figuring out how that works.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
niners2theend wrote:

Vying for a playoff spot? All because of a 6th round NT and an expected improvement from a historically bad run defense? Love the enthusiasm, optimism and the day drinking as well N2TE, I just have a hard time figuring out how that works.

You're still relatively new here, Furey.. n2te knows what he's talking about. He makes more bold prediction before breakfast than all of us combined in a month.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
niners2theend wrote:

You're still relatively new here, Furey.. n2te knows what he's talking about. He makes more bold prediction before breakfast than all of us combined in a month.

So, so many great memories...
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
niners2theend wrote:

Haha I'm all about it. I believe in Beat Hard!!! In all seriousness though, I haven't been this excited for an upcoming season since Harbaughs second season, every season after that with Harbaugh I was waiting for the other shoe to drop holding my breath and boy did it. Here's to righting the ship in our quest for 6. Keep em coming n2te!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a couple of games of this guy and took note of a few things...

1. Dude has the perfect build for a NT. Short, beefy, with a wide base, and low center of gravity.

2. The only real negative I have is his arm length. Makes it real easy for offensive linemen to get into his body and negate all of the physical advantages he does have.

3. Despite that, he still can win because he is surprisingly explosive off the line for a man his size. When he can take away those length advantages, he can be very disruptive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: