Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bob McGinn Scout Quote Articles - RB/WR/TE/OL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Cooper Kupp - 37 wonderlic

Garrett Bolles - 9 wonderlic

Based on Bolles back story and the number of schools he attended my guess is he has some pretty serious learning difficulties.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob McGinn Scout Quote Articles - RB/WR/TE/OL Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/draft/2017/04/19/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-running-back/100608826/

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/20/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-offensive-linemen/100659818/

They're here. Enjoy. I'll post links to them all as they're released.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/21/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-wide-receivers-tight-ends/100718406/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love these, thanks fellas.
Epochalypse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/22/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-quarterbacks/100736988/

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/23/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-defensive-linemen/100738094/

Didn't see these posted yet so figured I'd throw them out.

QBs and DL here.

So I guess just waiting on LBs, CBs and S?
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through the WR article now. I always get a kick out of these scouts using terms like "he's good but he's not the guy at Cincinnati (AJ Green) or the guy at Atlanta (Julio)". Is it that hard to say their names?
Epochalypse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LBs one is out

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/24/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-linebackers/100829634/
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/25/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-defensive-backs/100873564/

And there's the defensive backs.
reamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epochalypse wrote:
LBs one is out

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/04/24/ranking-nfl-draft-prospects-linebackers/100829634/

Quote to Note:

NFL personnel man: “All the teams that are winning – the New Englands, the Pittsburghs, the Seattles, the Green Bays – their coaches aren’t involved in the selection process. Let the coaches coach and the scouts scout. I don’t do this for a hobby. I’m a professional evaluator. They’re professional coaches.”

Yeah, that's not true at all for New England. I enjoy reading the quotes, but I really question the veracity of the content.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
Yeah, that's not true at all for New England. I enjoy reading the quotes, but I really question the veracity of the content.

Outside of Belichick?
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
Reading through the WR article now. I always get a kick out of these scouts using terms like "he's good but he's not the guy at Cincinnati (AJ Green) or the guy at Atlanta (Julio)". Is it that hard to say their names?

It's weird but that's how old-timer scouts talk.
TVScout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
reamer wrote:

Outside of Belichick?

Jason Garrett.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
reamer wrote:

Outside of Belichick?

Jason Garrett.

I meant outside of Belichick who would have say on his coaching staff.
reamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
TVScout wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
reamer wrote:

Outside of Belichick?

Jason Garrett.

As far as in the war room? You may be right that it's just Belichick, but just off the top of my head, I can think of at least two coaches who do a lot of talent scouting and assist with drafting:

Dante Scarnecchia handles many of the OL workouts and signs off on all the linemen picks. Matt Patricia travels to pro days and is involved in the workouts. He's extremely involved in every operation of the team.

In addition, Nick Caserio, who serves as director of player personnel, is involved in coaching (former WR coach; still participates with on-field practices in training camp, etc). He talks a lot about making sure everyone is on board with players and their fit on the team. He's bought in completely to the Belichick way of doing things, which includes input from the coaches. One of Belichick's favorite sayings is "we're building a team, not collecting talent."

I'd love to intern there someday, just to learn from their processes. Interesting group of guys. [/list]
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
TVScout wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
reamer wrote:

Outside of Belichick?

Jason Garrett.

As far as in the war room? You may be right that it's just Belichick, but just off the top of my head, I can think of at least two coaches who do a lot of talent scouting and assist with drafting:

Dante Scarnecchia handles many of the OL workouts and signs off on all the linemen picks. Matt Patricia travels to pro days and is involved in the workouts. He's extremely involved in every operation of the team.

In addition, Nick Caserio, who serves as director of player personnel, is involved in coaching (former WR coach; still participates with on-field practices in training camp, etc). He talks a lot about making sure everyone is on board with players and their fit on the team. He's bought in completely to the Belichick way of doing things, which includes input from the coaches. One of Belichick's favorite sayings is "we're building a team, not collecting talent."

I'd love to intern there someday, just to learn from their processes. Interesting group of guys. [/list]

Mike Lombardi, who has been in those draft rooms with Belicheck, just did a podcast about life in the 'war room.' It focused more on the Raiders and Browns but he does touch on some of the Patriot's approach (and Bill is the ultimate one in charge, no surprise).
Techbert

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that Bob McGinn is retiring. I wish him a happy retirement, but it is a loss for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: