Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft grade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm not sure why so many are making such a big deal about Watt's injuries. He injured his knee in Aug, 2014, ten the other one in Spring of 2015, but since his move to DE/OLB, he hasn't had any injuries in two years. Granted, he didn't play much in 2015, because he was learning to play on D, but still, he's two years removed from a knee injury, again, ever since he's played/practiced on D -- 2 years. And after the numbers he put up in the shuttles and 3C, I'd say his knees are at full strength.

I don't think we could have drafted a better player at 30th overall, when taking into account his athleticism, his physical attributes (huge, strong, heavy hands), and production at a big time program between sacks, PDs, Tkls, Ints, and FFs.

What I also don't understand is the seemingly higher excitement for a WR turned CB that we took in the 5th, who didn't show nearly the amount of ease of transition between O to D that Watt did. I'm not saying I don't like him, but he just seems much more likely to 'bust' than Watt.
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from my perspective, I've had 3 knee surgeries, I'm 40, and I haven't had near the trauma that football players go through, and I've got a knee that looks like it has 2nd smaller kneecap growing out of it's medial side. I guess that's just calcium and scar tissue. But when it rains I feel it, and I can't tell if its tendonitis from the patella tendon, arthritis in general, or scar tissue pain, or all three!

But other than that, I have no concerns about Watt.

Thanks Lyasr 529

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: