You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #168- Marquel Lee (LB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6859
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nguyen-marquel-lee-better-player-zach-cunningham/

Ugh, Nguyen strikes again. I'm a Lee fan, and watch him a fair about before the draft, but he's not a better prospect than Cunningham. To call Cunningham and Lee equals in coverage isn't accurate. Further, Cunningham has better play recognition, which makes it seem like he's a superior athlete when they both tested so similarly. Lastly, Cunningham's length allows him to make plays Lee can only dream of.

Again, I like Lee, but if they were both there in the 5th round, give me Cunningham 7 days a week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nguyen-marquel-lee-better-player-zach-cunningham/

Ugh, Nguyen strikes again. I'm a Lee fan, and watch him a fair about before the draft, but he's not a better prospect than Cunningham. To call Cunningham and Lee equals in coverage isn't accurate. Further, Cunningham has better play recognition, which makes it seem like he's a superior athlete when they both tested so similarly. Lastly, Cunningham's length allows him to make plays Lee can only dream of.

Again, I like Lee, but if they were both there in the 5th round, give me Cunningham 7 days a week.





His logic was convincing and supported well aa always. Only time will tell who the better player is but I like what Lee bring to the team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nguyen-marquel-lee-better-player-zach-cunningham/

Ugh, Nguyen strikes again. I'm a Lee fan, and watch him a fair about before the draft, but he's not a better prospect than Cunningham. To call Cunningham and Lee equals in coverage isn't accurate. Further, Cunningham has better play recognition, which makes it seem like he's a superior athlete when they both tested so similarly. Lastly, Cunningham's length allows him to make plays Lee can only dream of.

Again, I like Lee, but if they were both there in the 5th round, give me Cunningham 7 days a week.
I think they are pretty even on this and they both play long. Really Cunningham has about 2 inches in the wingspan department but that is about it. Lee is for sure slower though which means Lee will likely not be able to get away with as many things as Cunningham.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6859
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I think they are pretty even on this and they both play long. Really Cunningham has about 2 inches in the wingspan department but that is about it. Lee is for sure slower though which means Lee will likely not be able to get away with as many things as Cunningham.

2 inches is a lot.

The one thing I'd agree with is Marquel Lee is better value than Cunningham and may be a better fit to play MILB for the Raiders. I'd much rather have Obi + Lee than any combination other combination with Cunningham. Further, MILB doesn't have the same coverage responsibilities as WILB. Lee is a stronger player, but he's not going to be making plays on the sidelines Cunningham theoretically could. I'm also not fully confident Lee beats Corey James.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FloydFan


Joined: 04 Sep 2012
Posts: 170
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Great article, thank you for that. I would still say Cunningham has a much better chance of being a good pro over Lee due to the 4.67 to 4.78 4.78 40 time but it does look like Lee is a slightly more complete player than Cunningham.

That article did get me excited for Lee. Hopefully he competes for a starting job.


You really think .11 seconds on a 40 means he'll be a better player?
_________________
Go Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5255
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloydFan wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Great article, thank you for that. I would still say Cunningham has a much better chance of being a good pro over Lee due to the 4.67 to 4.78 4.78 40 time but it does look like Lee is a slightly more complete player than Cunningham.

That article did get me excited for Lee. Hopefully he competes for a starting job.


You really think .11 seconds on a 40 means he'll be a better player?


4.67 to 4.78 is a hugeee difference in the NFL. And 4.78 is pretty slow for a LB. He'll be in the bottom 15% speed wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5255
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
I think they are pretty even on this and they both play long. Really Cunningham has about 2 inches in the wingspan department but that is about it. Lee is for sure slower though which means Lee will likely not be able to get away with as many things as Cunningham.

2 inches is a lot.

The one thing I'd agree with is Marquel Lee is better value than Cunningham and may be a better fit to play MILB for the Raiders. I'd much rather have Obi + Lee than any combination other combination with Cunningham. Further, MILB doesn't have the same coverage responsibilities as WILB. Lee is a stronger player, but he's not going to be making plays on the sidelines Cunningham theoretically could. I'm also not fully confident Lee beats Corey James.


Agreed I would of took Obi + Lee over Cunningham 100 times out of 100. However, I might have taken McMillian over Obi. Not saying I would but it wouldn't be a no brainer pick at that point. I think we still would of selected Obi but it would of been a highly debated decision in the war room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6859
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Agreed I would of took Obi + Lee over Cunningham 100 times out of 100. However, I might have taken McMillian over Obi. Not saying I would but it wouldn't be a no brainer pick at that point. I think we still would of selected Obi but it would of been a highly debated decision in the war room.

Would you rather have McMillan + [pick your safety] over Obi + Lee? I wouldn't, but I'm higher on Obi than most. I really liked McMillan, too.

I supported the Lee pick when it happened, but to say we got a better prospect than Zach Cunningham is a delusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Agreed I would of took Obi + Lee over Cunningham 100 times out of 100. However, I might have taken McMillian over Obi. Not saying I would but it wouldn't be a no brainer pick at that point. I think we still would of selected Obi but it would of been a highly debated decision in the war room.

Would you rather have McMillan + [pick your safety] over Obi + Lee? I wouldn't, but I'm higher on Obi than most. I really liked McMillan, too.

I supported the Lee pick when it happened, but to say we got a better prospect than Zach Cunningham is a delusion.


The player performance on the field will be the decider on which is better. But it's not delusional to think that Lee could be the better prospect. The rankings and consensus have been wrong before.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Lee is better than Cunningham but i'm willing to admit the gap between the 2 might be closer than expected. I also have to admit my original evaluation of Cunningham was way off.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6859
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
The player performance on the field will be the decider on which is better. But it's not delusional to think that Lee could be the better prospect. The rankings and consensus have been wrong before.

I'm comfortable saying as a prospect Cunningham is better. I've watched them both and I watched Lee before the draft - including the Clemson and Temple games, and I just watched his Louisville game this week - so I'm bias free here (unless you count a preference for long, instinctive, and athletic linebackers a bias).

I hope Lee is better, but I'm comfortable saying Cunningham is a discernibly better prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group