You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th round pick 130th overall: OT Julie'n Davenport

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: 4th round pick 130th overall: OT Julie'n Davenport Reply with quote

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE Raw tackle lacking in technique but long on physical traits. Has been able to dominate against lower level of competition and his step up in competition during pre-draft workouts will either throw a wet blanket over his draft grade or send his stock soaring. Despite a lack of technique, his traits will have teams willing to draft and wait for him as a project. He will be a work in progress and might be forced to move to the right side.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/julien-davenport?id=2557963

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging this pick.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 1/2 inch arms is good jumping off spot for a tackle

His broad jump shows he can explode out of his stance.

His 3-cone time shows he has some lateral agility for a man his size.

Not a bad tackle prospect in the 4th round.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick as a Derek Newton FBS development project. Of course the current Derek Newton is now a cripple and Chris Clark might as well be. I'm on board with this pick as grabbing a potential 2018 starter in the 4th is good biz, especially since we aren't drafting any instant starters with no 1st or 2nd next year. Just don't know how you go into a season with Clark penciled in again at RT.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
OzzyTexan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite pick of the draft. I like his upside a lot. He's pretty raw but has physical traits. 6-7 318 with absurdly long arms at 36 and a half inches. He needs to anchor better but has surprisingly good feet. He played pretty well at the senior bowl but the NFL is another big jump from there. I doubt he ever becomes a devastating run blocker but he may be able to be a solid pass protector in a year or two, which is his biggest downfall. We need a RT this year and it seems unlikely he will ready.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pick will look like a steal in 2 years. Loved it

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:

I cannot get behind this pick until I get a proper explanation of the ridiculous apostrophe in Julie'n. An apostrophe indicates either possession or omitting of letters. Julie's is about the only possibility where possession comes into play, so the apostrophe has to indicate an omission.

Why the hell would you need to omit letters in someone's formal name as if that one time you had to write it on a birth certificate was so hard. My full name fills up a scantron form, but the only time anyone ever didn't use the shortened version was when I was in big trouble. If my name was Charcandrick, just call me Char or Rick, not Char'drick or 'Candrick" or Charcan'rick. In the case of Julie'n, pretty much the only options are Julian or Julien since I don't think he's a Julie Ann. It takes as much time if not more to include the apostrophe if you are just eliminating one letter and in Julie'n's case it actually adds one.

That last sentence shows how ridiculous it becomes as adding possession, makes for a double apostrophe Julie'n's which is like using G'n'R for Guns N Roses. Of course G'N'R is faster to say or type - Julie'n adds nothing as I don't think we need an apostrophe to help us pronounce the "N" sound correctly as it's not phonetical help like D'Andre vs. Deandre. Pretty much the only plausible explanation is like with the superfluous umlauts in Motley Crue, mom just thought it looked fancy & cool. This is your kids name, not a glam metal band or a font - leave the pointless punctuation out of it @#$%^&*()! Can't wait until another draft pick adds III, a hyphen, or weaves that cover the name entirely so jerseys start printing names at the bottom. Already prepared myself for when we draft someone with an emoji in their name in 2020. Just STOP people. Evil or Very Mad

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

I cannot get behind this pick until I get a proper explanation of the ridiculous apostrophe in Julie'n. An apostrophe indicates either possession or omitting of letters. Julie's is about the only possibility where possession comes into play, so the apostrophe has to indicate an omission.

Why the hell would you need to omit letters in someone's formal name as if that one time you had to write it on a birth certificate was so hard. My full name fills up a scantron form, but the only time anyone ever didn't use the shortened version was when I was in big trouble. If my name was Charcandrick, just call me Char or Rick, not Char'drick or "'Candrick" or Charcan'rick. In the case of Julie'n, pretty much the only options are Julian or Julien since I don't think he's a Julie Ann. It takes as much time if not more to include the apostrophe if you are just eliminating one letter and in Julie'n's case it actually adds one.

That last sentence shows how ridiculous it becomes as adding possession, makes for a double apostrophe Julie'n's which is like using G'n'R for Guns N Roses. Of course G'N'R is faster to say or type - Julie'n adds nothing as I don't think we need an apostrophe to help us pronounce the "N" sound correctly as it's not phonetical help like D'Andre vs. Deandre. Pretty much the only plausible explanation is like with the superfluous umlauts in Motley Crue, mom just thought it looked fancy & cool. This is your kids name, not a glam metal band or a font - leave the pointless punctuation out of it @#$%^&*()! Can't wait until another draft pick adds III, a hyphen, or weaves that cover the name entirely so jerseys start printing names at the bottom. Already prepared myself for when we draft someone with an emoji in their name in 2020. Just STOP people. Evil or Very Mad
Laughing Applause Dancing

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted OT to be addressed much earlier, but Davenport has great size and athletic potential. I agree with Ohiogenius, this pick will be a steal in 2 yrs.. He's gonna get an eye opening experience in training camp against Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus.
shep0507

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

Why the hell would you need to omit letters in someone's formal name as if that one time you had to write it on a birth certificate was so hard. My full name fills up a scantron form, but the only time anyone ever didn't use the shortened version was when I was in big trouble. If my name was Charcandrick, just call me Char or Rick, not Char'drick or 'Candrick" or Charcan'rick. In the case of Julie'n, pretty much the only options are Julian or Julien since I don't think he's a Julie Ann. It takes as much time if not more to include the apostrophe if you are just eliminating one letter and in Julie'n's case it actually adds one.

That scantron thing almost made me fall out of my chair laughing...I too was cursed with a name entirely too long for those stupid bubble sheets, I was always Christophe on everything and it caused me to make sure my kids names didn't give them cramps.

Bravo sir.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: