Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers almost traded Brett Hundley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor1124 wrote:

Our starting asking price should be a 2nd and nothing less, sadly, I don't think we will get that. We should hold out for a 2nd until close to the draft and then settle for a 3rd if we have to. I'd rather get something for him than wait until he is a free agent and get nothing for him.

I wouldn't take less than a 2nd. While he is the back-up QB, the Packers do not have to worry about the back-up QB position. He will probably sign a decent contract when he leaves as a FA. It will net us a comp pick. I will take the insurance and assurance of keeping Hundley at the cost of dropping a round and a half worth of picks. If he is good enough, he will earn a contract worthy of a 3rd round comp pick. And then, I wouldn't move up 15 or so picks in the 3rd round to have the chance of seeing Graham Harrell fall down, or Scott Tolzein heaving INTs should Aaron get injured. Right now, he is ours, he is cheap, and we think he is or will be pretty good. Why are we in such a hurry to trade him?

Basically, give me a 4th round comp pick in 2020, and two years of Brett Hundley as QB #2. Over a 3rd round pick and Joe Callahan for 2 years as QB #2.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

CWood21

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
Pretty clear to me where it comes from- GB Front office leaking it so that they get blown away with an offer for 33. There wasn't a crazy offer, but that was put out there to try to drive it.

I'd definitely agree. There's no reason for another team to leak that the Packers are sniffing around Kizer. This was Ted clearly trying to drum up interest in their pick.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: