FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

2017: a look at our special teams (KR to be...? p.2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
After losing Punter Jeff Locke to the Indianapolis Colts, the Vikings are in need of a punter and, according to reporter Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, East Carolina Punter Worth Gregory is set to visit with the team.

For his career, Gregory played three seasons at East Carolina and had 160 total punts for a career average of 42.0 yards per punt. Last season, Gregory finished with 51 punts for an average of 42.3 yards per punt including a season-long of 65 yards. Gregory's longest career punt was a booming 73-yard punt during the 2015 season.

http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/vikings-blog-38526/report-east-carolina-punter-worth-gregory-15661588/#ixzz4bxzoB4SZ

Potential UDFA for competition with Symmank?

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it hasn't been said on here yet, but we did work out the #1 projected Kicker and Groza Award Winner (Nation's Best Kicker), ASU's Zane Gonzalez, after his pro-day.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer
#Vikings announce signing of punter Ryan Quigley. Joins Taylor Symmank in the punter competition.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer
#Vikings announce signing of punter Ryan Quigley. Joins Taylor Symmank in the punter competition.

2nd worst rated punter last year.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me he's from Australia!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Please tell me he's from Australia!

The story writes itself...he may not have been born down under...but he was born the year the movie came out.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding choosing a kick returner...

Spielman: “Both of them [2017 draft picks Rodney Adams and Stacy Coley] are very explosive athletes, have excellent speed. We watch all their returns and we even went back if Coley didn’t return any in 2016, we go back to 2014, 2015. Both have explosive playmaking ability as kickoff returners.’’

Adams, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds at last month’s NFL scouting combine, said the keys to being a good returner have been “my speed, my vision to read blocks, read holes.” Coley said he’s “really comfortable with returning kicks.’’

“I’m just so thankful and honored that the Vikings took a chance on me and you won’t regret it,’’ Coley said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/29/vikings-might-have-found-replacement-in-draft-for-kick-returner-cordarrelle-patterson/[/i]

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman took great pride in the fact he was able to make enough deals to draft a total of 11 players in seven rounds. But even with all of those picks, he did not take a kicker or a punter.

The Vikings currently have two kickers (Kai Forbath and Marshall Koehn) and two punters (Ryan Quigley and Taylor Symmank) on their roster. Forbath, entering his seventh NFL season, finished last year as the team’s kicker. Quigley, who has punted for the Jets and Cardinals in four seasons, will battle Symmank, who punted at Texas Tech and impressed in the Vikings’ rookie camp last spring.

The one thing all four of these guys have in common? All were signed as free agents by the Vikings.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/05/zulgads-3-bridgewaters-future-remains-uncertain-barr-needs-bounce-back/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota worked on kickoff returns for the first time during OTAs, giving a handful of players a chance to showcase their skills early on in 2017.
Jerick McKinnon, Rodney Adams, Dalvin Cook and Marcus Sherels were the quartet that returned kicks in drills.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Observations-Offensive-Line-Combos-Kick-Returns--Defending-Passes/acaba64f-5f52-4368-93a8-710a13f309dd?sf83283886=1

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Stacey Coley would have been in the mix..hmm

I expect it to be Sherels or Adams this year.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priefer: “I think we do a good job of teaching the finer points of the return game. At the end of the day, there have been a lot of talented guys that have been here and they’re fun to coach. We’re going to find someone that’s a pretty special kickoff returner. Or maybe it’s by committee. We have several candidates and I’m excited about that. We drafted two guys who could do it and we’ve got guys on the roster that want to do it, I’m excited about that. We were really good at kickoff return last year, but I think we can be better, we left a lot of yards on the field last year.”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1781136-kick-return-job-open-for-business

who is your favorite right now to be our kick returner?

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based upon everything we've read, it has to come down to Rodney Adams or Marcus Sherels. If I had to pick a dark-horse candidate, I think I'd pick Terrell Sinkfield.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kicker battle took another step forward Wednesday as Kai Forbath and Marshall Koehn each lined up for a handful of field goals. Forbath hit all five of his attempts ranging from 35 to 43 yards out. Koehn made two of his three tries, missing a 43-yard attempt.

The Vikings then added some pressure to the duo, as they were each called upon to rush out onto the field and kick a field goal as the clock ticked under 10 seconds. Forbath pushed his 45-yard try wide left while Koehn’s 46-yarder was good with plenty of room to spare.

Forbath has made 10 of 11 attempts this spring while Koehn has converted seven of his nine tries during team periods of OTAs.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Observations-Bradford-Diggs-Establish-Deep-Connection/bea476f2-2007-4b6f-a588-2a75c9c101f2[/b]

vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings punting battle was something to keep an eye as both Ryan Quigley and Taylor Symmank each had a chance to showcase their legs. While neither punter was perfect, each had a few punts that traveled over 50 yards and would have pinned opponents deep in their own territory. Quigley and Symmank also showed the ability to get some hang time on their punts to allow gunners to get downfield in coverage.

Adam Thielen and Rodney Adams took turns handling punt return duty on a day with winds that swirled at times.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Observations-Mike-Zimmer-Returns-to-Vikings-OTAs/231c6581-6282-4d46-9050-ab9ba993875f?sf85441940=1[/b]

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having Thielen practice PRs is interesting. I wouldn't expect he'd be anything more than just a backup option in case the primary returner is injured, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: