Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington signs Morgan Moses to a 5-year extension

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Washington signs Morgan Moses to a 5-year extension Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 6 minutes ago
Redskins and OT Morgan Moses reached agreement on 5-year extension that will make him NFL's 2nd highest paid RT, per @caplannfl and me.

He's a good player, but that is a lot of money.

Washington has a good tackle duo locked in which most teams can't say though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 90906
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for DC, hopefully he and Williams can keep Cousins upright and in town
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15070
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been solid ,but I'm not sure he has ever been the 2nd best RT in the league. They must be high on his future.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12767
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
He's been solid ,but I'm not sure he has ever been the 2nd best RT in the league. They must be high on his future.


Having the second-highest contract doesn't mean you're the second-best at your position, just means that you're in the ballpark and you got paid more recently than most.

Source: every new marquee contract since the cap starting going up astronomically
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15070
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
He's been solid ,but I'm not sure he has ever been the 2nd best RT in the league. They must be high on his future.


Having the second-highest contract doesn't mean you're the second-best at your position, just means that you're in the ballpark and you got paid more recently than most.

Source: every new marquee contract since the cap starting going up astronomically


Don't know if he is in the ballpark, even, though.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 7774
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been slept on but since Callahan came over Moses has been a beast. He's much better than people give him credit for. He's not a super athletic guy so sometimes a speed guy can beat him but generally, he's a mauler.
_________________
Can't wait for the Cousinsmania to go the way of the dodo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10590
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
He's been solid ,but I'm not sure he has ever been the 2nd best RT in the league. They must be high on his future.


Having the second-highest contract doesn't mean you're the second-best at your position, just means that you're in the ballpark and you got paid more recently than most.

Source: every new marquee contract since the cap starting going up astronomically


Don't know if he is in the ballpark, even, though.


He's definitely top 10. Some argue top 5.

Good job by the FO getting him locked up. You have to remember that some teams would pay him to be their LT if he hit the open market, so this is pretty good value IMO.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13421
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a very good talent. Good to see him get paid.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10590
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
On draft night, the #Redskins signed RT Morgan Moses to an extension, and itís a big one. 5 years, $40M base, $42.5M max, $20M guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/859049817179344896
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14596
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington has 3 tackles on their roster that, at this moment, could start on my team. Feels bad.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 2090
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Washington has 3 tackles on their roster that, at this moment, could start on my team. Feels bad.


Denver also
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 2906
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
He's been solid ,but I'm not sure he has ever been the 2nd best RT in the league. They must be high on his future.


Having the second-highest contract doesn't mean you're the second-best at your position, just means that you're in the ballpark and you got paid more recently than most.

Source: every new marquee contract since the cap starting going up astronomically


Don't know if he is in the ballpark, even, though.


He's definitely top 10. Some argue top 5.

Good job by the FO getting him locked up. You have to remember that some teams would pay him to be their LT if he hit the open market, so this is pretty good value IMO.



Not that I'm disagreeing that some team would pay him to play LT, but his play style is definitely much better suited to the right side. Doesn;t have the quickness to be a left tackle IMO. Very good RT though.
_________________
ADOPT-A-TITAN 2017/2018
LB Wesley Woodyard
OG Quinton Spain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group