You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the #4 pick, the Jaguars select Leonard Fournette
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
what a bad pick

Who would you have preferred? To me who else would you take you're not going to draft a corner, safety or receiver. O-line was not of value at 4, no d-line player was worth taking after ST went off the board. TE was not of value the first one went off the board pick 19 it didn't make sense for a GM to pick a Elite TE over a Elite RB when you can't put the ball in that Elite TEs hands 20-25 times a game. People have been brain washed into this whole notion that you shouldn't draft a RB round 1? Why because Mel Kiper Jr. said so? People say well you can find guys like Davis Johnson ok cool no disrespect to DJ but DJ was drafted where DJ was suppose to be drafted because he was the best RB among his class and he played against small time comp. If David Johnson would have came out in this draft and you knew nothing about what he could do in the league and you stand him next to Fournette and the rest of the RB talent in this draft would you pull the trigger on drafting David Johnson over Fournette? Doubt it. No GM in their right mind would do it. He was never a transcending player like Fournette. Fournette has been the best player on the field at every level since pop warner he has been a phenom. Players like that don't come around that often the only down side with the pick in my eyes is using a pick that high on a position that gets a lot of mileage. I'm not a huge Fournette fan but I can see how a GM would be enamored with his size, and speed measurable. Other then that if you sit back and look it was the only logical pick you could have made. Only other position that could make sense would be QB thats it.

This is pretty much how i feel. I'm happy we got someone that can help make our offense better but it wasn't exactly the best spot for us. I wanted Garrett(a pipe dream) and Thomas. Other than those, maybe Adams but who else is there? Allen fell hard and it has to be about his shoulders. We have no need at all at CB/WR and LB/OL was too high. People make OJ Howard out to be the next Gronk but he fell pretty far too considering we were mocked at 4 for him at times. I guess if you wanted a QB maybe but other than Adams i think LF had to be the pick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys get that OL right, and bortles can manage games, fournette can carry this team offensively into a wildcard spot.

Big if (obviously) and Jax needs to prove a lot, but they certainly have the talent to do it now.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
If you guys get that OL right, and bortles can manage games, fournette can carry this team offensively into a wildcard spot.

Big if (obviously) and Jax needs to prove a lot, but they certainly have the talent to do it now.

OL isn't completely ideal, but it's honestly not as bad as most think (hell, even parts of our fanbase) if the play continues from when Hackett took over. Final 6 games we saw all of our rushing rankings go up (5th in rush ypg final 6 games) including red zone efficiency from 16th to 5th.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YL8f6AfquU

He's just sooooo good. Laughing

El Ramster on the sig
bertuzzi

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aint a jags fan but i seriously cant wait to watch him this season. Not sure how your oline is these days but marrone is a good coach for RBs going by his days in buffalo. Very exciting.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: