Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
It might have been said but according to ESPN our big board was Garrett-Thomas-LF-Adams and we never had a call about trading...not sure i buy the 2nd part

Honestly, i buy it. Based on the shenanigans that transpired...it seemed like whatever was going on with the Trubisky situation was centered around 2/3. They evidently felt the need to move up there for some reason, so there was clearly at least a very strong smokescreen or something.

But that would give basically no reason to move up to...4. So nobody would really be calling.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some fans may be frustrated about this draft when it comes to needs, but from a value perspective I think we did great. After LF/Cam (Cam was BAP imo at 34 though as well), we seemed to just go BAP the rest of the draft according to our board. Didn't reach for a need, just trying to get the best players (5th rd and our two 7th's also took ST heavily into it) available. Think Myrick and Brown could both be starters down the line (Myrick possibly by midseason or so even). Dede is going to be hard not to have out there in the slot too with his speed. Can really take the top off a defense and his elusiveness is ridiculous. If he stays straight off the field (which he's done since 2013), then I really like the talent he brings to this offense. Exactly what we needed.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked our Draft. Clearly we have a lot of needs, can't cover all of them in one Draft.

LF is a special talent and is going to make our offense look entirely different. Feed him the rock, control the time of possession, play good defense and limit the turnovers from Blake.

Cam will probably start out at LG and move to LT when Albert is gone (assuming he shows up). A mauler in the run game, which something we desperately needed. Very solid pick, almost a no brainer.

Don't know much about Smoot but we did need someone to backup Calais at big end. Hopefully he learns a lot from Calais and is a solid rotational player in the beginning.

I love Westbrook. He is a playmaker and lord do we need some of those on offense. I think we can say we got two in this Draft. He is extremely shifty and a big time deep threat. Even with his small frame, he doesn't shy away from contact. He needs to be put in the slot and he needs to be fed the ball a lot. Also put him back there as the main punt returner.

Having Fournette, A-Rob, Hurns, Lee and Westbrook on the field at the same time would be drool worthy.

^^el ramster^^
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I liked our Draft. Clearly we have a lot of needs, can't cover all of them in one Draft.

LF is a special talent and is going to make our offense look entirely different. Feed him the rock, control the time of possession, play good defense and limit the turnovers from Blake.

Cam will probably start out at LG and move to LT when Albert is gone (assuming he shows up). A mauler in the run game, which something we desperately needed. Very solid pick, almost a no brainer.

Don't know much about Smoot but we did need someone to backup Calais at big end. Hopefully he learns a lot from Calais and is a solid rotational player in the beginning.

I love Westbrook. He is a playmaker and lord do we need some of those on offense. I think we can say we got two in this Draft. He is extremely shifty and a big time deep threat. Even with his small frame, he doesn't shy away from contact. He needs to be put in the slot and he needs to be fed the ball a lot. Also put him back there as the main punt returner.

Having Fournette, A-Rob, Hurns, Lee and Westbrook on the field at the same time would be drool worthy.

TC/Preseason is going to be interesting at WR. I think they're going to have a hard time keeping Westbrooks big play threat/playmaking ability out of the starting lineup.

El Ramster on the sig
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll find a way to get him on the field. Too explosive.

^^el ramster^^
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read on Dede Westbrook: http://247sports.com/Article/Oklahoma-footballs-Dede-Westbrook-went-through-tough-times-to-be-49040297
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
nicky43

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Great draft Reply with quote

Tom and his team did a great job in this draft. I am very pleased with the new talent we drafted and the FA players we brought on board. This is going to be a very interesting season!
.Buzz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Interesting read on Dede Westbrook: http://247sports.com/Article/Oklahoma-footballs-Dede-Westbrook-went-through-tough-times-to-be-49040297

Just gotta hope he keeps his head on straight and he's true to his word. Kids seem mightily important to him and he doesn't seem to have had any problems in four years. Let's just hope it continues.

El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: