Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Inside look of the niners draft war room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niner530

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Inside look of the niners draft war room Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/01/san-francisco-49ers-nfl-draft-room-bears-trade-reuben-foster-peter-king

Maybe Paraag Marathe isn't so bad after all Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome. Doesn't look like Lynch was just playing up to the media saying we would have taken Foster at #3 if the Bears took Thomas.

And Lynch wanted to go up for Lattimore. That would have been interesting.

El ramster on the sig
niner530

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
That was awesome. Doesn't look like Lynch was just playing up to the media saying we would have taken Foster at #3 if the Bears took Thomas.

And Lynch wanted to go up for Lattimore. That would have been interesting.

What surprised me the most is how much Kyle Shanahan liked C.J. Beathard more than any other qb prospects.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this article earlier and absolutely loved it. Love Lynch, love Kylo, even Paraag and Jed weren't so bad.

Honestly, the part about Joe Williams gave me goosebumps in a good way. Knowing how Lynch got his change of heart literally "changed" mine (not that I had any prior feeling about the guy, I didn't even know who we was).

I like the approach of asking Kyle who he wanted, who he had to have on the team. Maybe Lynch had conversations like that with all the scouts, who knows. His job is not to know better, but to make his team function at a high level. Baalke thought he knew better (he obviously didn't), and would force players onto the team. Outside of Kaepernick (if even him), who did he ever bring in FOR Harbaugh/Tomsula/Kelly? I have no doubt he did what he thought was best for the team (it wasn't) by bringing to best players possible (he didn't). Sometimes, maybe you have to give up a little talent and focus a little more on fit. That's team building, as opposed to player collecting. We know that Kyle is going to fight to make Beat Hard the best QB he can be, and he'll fight for Joe Williams, and fight for every player he personally vouched for (that includes FAs like Garçon, Robinson, Hoyer). Did Harbaugh fight for AJ Jenkins?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely loved that article, and it confirmed a couple of our suspicions:

- Lynch was exhausted by the time he picked Beathard.
- Beathard and Williams were Shanahan's guys.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

So was Taylor apparently. Kevin Jones reported that he was Shanny's "draft crush"

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I read this article earlier and absolutely loved it. Love Lynch, love Kylo, even Paraag and Jed weren't so bad.

Honestly, the part about Joe Williams gave me goosebumps in a good way. Knowing how Lynch got his change of heart literally "changed" mine (not that I had any prior feeling about the guy, I didn't even know who we was).

I like the approach of asking Kyle who he wanted, who he had to have on the team. Maybe Lynch had conversations like that with all the scouts, who knows. His job is not to know better, but to make his team function at a high level. Baalke thought he knew better (he obviously didn't), and would force players onto the team. Outside of Kaepernick (if even him), who did he ever bring in FOR Harbaugh/Tomsula/Kelly? I have no doubt he did what he thought was best for the team (it wasn't) by bringing to best players possible (he didn't). Sometimes, maybe you have to give up a little talent and focus a little more on fit. That's team building, as opposed to player collecting. We know that Kyle is going to fight to make Beat Hard the best QB he can be, and he'll fight for Joe Williams, and fight for every player he personally vouched for (that includes FAs like Garçon, Robinson, Hoyer). Did Harbaugh fight for AJ Jenkins?

My favorite part was also the Joe Williams info. I like a man who is self aware, willing to listen to others. Lynch seems to know his limitations and inexperience, and he's willing to listen to others and have his mind changed. If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

So was Taylor apparently. Kevin Jones reported that he was Shanny's "draft crush"

1 of the 3.

If he's right on one of the 3, I will be happy. Obviously it's best if it's Beathard or multiple guys, but any of the 3 being a mid-round success will be a breath of fresh air.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: