Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Round 4: Pick 122 - Nico Siragusa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: 2017 Round 4: Pick 122 - Nico Siragusa Reply with quote

With the 122nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State

Scouting Reports

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nico-siragusa?id=2557874

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1999526/nico-siragusa

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-nico-siragusa-g-san-diego-state/

Current Offensive Line

LT: Ronnie Stanley / James Hurst

LG: Nico Siragusa / Ryan Jensen / Jarrod Pughsley

C: John Urschel / Matt Skura

RG: Marshal Yanda / Jermaine Eluemunor / Jarell Broxton

RT: Alex Lewis / De'Ondre Wesley / Stephane Nembot

Last edited by coordinator0 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger on the inside, like we were promised. 6'4 320. Plenty of power and seems to move pretty well. Needs coaching. Luckily Juandamentals is out of here.

I think this pushes us to move Alex Lewis to RT, which is a move I really want to see.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He thinks he can play center

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/audio/Siragusa-Reacts-To-Becoming-A-Raven/e10a2af1-6849-41ec-b05c-b3891996c0cd

If that's the case, and he can, maybe the line could look like:

Ronnie Stanley / Jermaine Eluemunor / Nico Siragusa / Marshal Yanda / Alex Lewis

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbs reckons he can play Center too. Said as much in the post-draft presser. But he also said they see him as a LG possibility as well, which seems to confirm that Lewis to RT is their first plan.

I'm guessing they'll want to see if Urschel, Jensen or Skura can step up and win starting spots first.

If, say, Jensen and Siragusa won the two interior spots, that would be a big, mean, violent O-line. And if Urschel doesn't fit with the power blocking scheme, try to trade him to someone who runs zone blocking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Nico Siragusa understands the level the of toughness we expect out of our starting guards here in Baltimore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBQXvmRO_IE

Hopefully he and Stanley can form a wall for years to come, I don't anticipate a move to center for him but I think he could handle it's intellectual requirements. Props to those who zeroed in on him as a great fit for us. In hindsight it's a fairly obvious pick and him falling to us in the 4th worked out perfectly. Even the silly name stuff in a way makes him a stronger pick, it ties him to the franchise and creates a connection or bond. He has quite a bit of upside and the more I think about his selection, the more I think it's a home run.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
If, say, Jensen and Siragusa won the two interior spots, that would be a big, mean, violent O-line. And if Urschel doesn't fit with the power blocking scheme, try to trade him to someone who runs zone blocking.

Yeah, I'm not sure Urschel is much use in a power scheme. I don't even like him a ton at center regardless. At that spot he has to constantly take on defensive linemen head-on and that's not his strength. John has looked a lot better when filling in at guard. If the Ravens are going to commit to a direction and it's more of a power-man and not a zone he isn't going to fit.

With that said I'm much more optimistic about the offensive line going forward with D'Alessandris and Roman in instead of Castillo. Maybe Urschel starts getting back to his form, or even better, from a couple of years ago. It can only help Stanley, Lewis, Siragusa, and Eluemunor too. Maybe even Jensen. The coaching upgrade can't be understated even if the overall talent addition can be.

As for Nico potentially moving to center... eh. If he can do it great, but it he can't that will be quite an investment of time wasted. Time that could be used to further develop his specific skills at guard. That's why I really don't like guard-to-center conversion projects. Just get an actual center. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. I fear that the reason behind this possibility is the staff wanting to keep Lewis at left guard so badly. I'm not discounting a Stanley / Lewis / ??? / Yanda / Wesley (or Hurst, in a doomsday scenario) line at all. Just need to have faith in the new offensive line voices steering the rest of the staff if the right direction i guess.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pick a lot. Thought Siragusa was one of the draft's best mid round lineman - once you got past that Moton/Elflein/Pocic level. Picked him up in the total control mock draft for us.

As bad as this draft was at the top for "elite" oline prospects, I actually think the talent level of guys in the 3rd, 4th, 5th round range was kind of underrated, and Siragusa kind of embodies that to me.

We still may have some work to do on the oline, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nico had an Alex Lewis type rookie year where he's starting and holding his own.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: