You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Last Games in a Packer Uniform?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheOnlyThing


Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
We all know that there will be significant turnover of the roster this offseason just as there is with every year for every team throughout the NFL.

Who's done in Green Bay? Here are my top 5 candidates:

1) Datone Jones: One of the poster children for the defensive failures the past four seasons. A supposedly athletic DE, he failed there and was moved to OLB this season where he came up with a whopping 1 sack and 22 combined tackles. He is best known for his boneheaded offsides penalties. Not even TT would overpay this near bust, would he?

2) James Starks: It was a mistake to resign this over 30 RB last offseason. Plus, the cap hit is less than $1,000,000. Thanks for 2010 James.

3) Christine Michael: An NFL journeyman who is easily replaceable.

4) Julius Peppers: Old, expensive, and declining performer. Hard to see GB ponying up Pep's going rate and why would he want to take a discount on what he had been making?

5) Sam Shields: No way the team can ever count on him again. If he doesn't retire, no way to justify his salary. Let's hope sanity prevails and Sam protects his brain from further trauma.

Who do you got?


3 down 2 to go.

Supremely confident that knuckleheaded Michael will not be back, which would make it 4 of 5. Lacy might return and Jackson has already been tendered. Meanwhile, this is a deep rookie RB class. Certainly someone better than Christine will send him packing before next season begins, right?

Far less confident regarding Datone not returning at this point. With virtually all the desirable OLBs already snatched up, I have not heard squat about D. Jones since free agency began. (Anyone else hear of any team expressing even tepid interest in him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I got 4 of my 5 so far, just Lang to go. I had a last sentence about how they would probably keep Hyde and Datone, even though I would let them go. I am super pumped to have been wrong about them keeping Hyde.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOnlyThing


Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:
We all know that there will be significant turnover of the roster this offseason just as there is with every year for every team throughout the NFL.

Who's done in Green Bay? Here are my top 5 candidates:

1) Datone Jones: One of the poster children for the defensive failures the past four seasons. A supposedly athletic DE, he failed there and was moved to OLB this season where he came up with a whopping 1 sack and 22 combined tackles. He is best known for his boneheaded offsides penalties. Not even TT would overpay this near bust, would he?

2) James Starks: It was a mistake to resign this over 30 RB last offseason. Plus, the cap hit is less than $1,000,000. Thanks for 2010 James.

3) Christine Michael: An NFL journeyman who is easily replaceable.

4) Julius Peppers: Old, expensive, and declining performer. Hard to see GB ponying up Pep's going rate and why would he want to take a discount on what he had been making?

5) Sam Shields: No way the team can ever count on him again. If he doesn't retire, no way to justify his salary. Let's hope sanity prevails and Sam protects his brain from further trauma.

Who do you got?


3 down 2 to go.

Supremely confident that knuckleheaded Michael will not be back, which would make it 4 of 5. Lacy might return and Jackson has already been tendered. Meanwhile, this is a deep rookie RB class. Certainly someone better than Christine will send him packing before next season begins, right?

Far less confident regarding Datone not returning at this point. With virtually all the desirable OLBs already snatched up, I have not heard squat about D. Jones since free agency began. (Anyone else hear of any team expressing even tepid interest in him?


Well, with Datone now a Vike, should be 5 for 5 as there is no way Michael should be on this roster next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackyAttacky


Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Posts: 208
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought for sure Datone would be back, Teddy loves his guys right? And Lang OR Tretter, did not see this off season happening at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skibrett15


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 2537
Location: nibelheim
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest surprise for me is Tretter. That's one we should have matched.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17912
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:
We all know that there will be significant turnover of the roster this offseason just as there is with every year for every team throughout the NFL.

Who's done in Green Bay? Here are my top 5 candidates:

1) Datone Jones: One of the poster children for the defensive failures the past four seasons. A supposedly athletic DE, he failed there and was moved to OLB this season where he came up with a whopping 1 sack and 22 combined tackles. He is best known for his boneheaded offsides penalties. Not even TT would overpay this near bust, would he?

2) James Starks: It was a mistake to resign this over 30 RB last offseason. Plus, the cap hit is less than $1,000,000. Thanks for 2010 James.

3) Christine Michael: An NFL journeyman who is easily replaceable.

4) Julius Peppers: Old, expensive, and declining performer. Hard to see GB ponying up Pep's going rate and why would he want to take a discount on what he had been making?

5) Sam Shields: No way the team can ever count on him again. If he doesn't retire, no way to justify his salary. Let's hope sanity prevails and Sam protects his brain from further trauma.

Who do you got?


3 down 2 to go.

Supremely confident that knuckleheaded Michael will not be back, which would make it 4 of 5. Lacy might return and Jackson has already been tendered. Meanwhile, this is a deep rookie RB class. Certainly someone better than Christine will send him packing before next season begins, right?

Far less confident regarding Datone not returning at this point. With virtually all the desirable OLBs already snatched up, I have not heard squat about D. Jones since free agency began. (Anyone else hear of any team expressing even tepid interest in him?


Well, with Datone now a Vike, should be 5 for 5 as there is no way Michael should be on this roster next season.


I have no idea why everyone is against CM on the 90 with 1 RB on the roster essentially.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17912
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
Biggest surprise for me is Tretter. That's one we should have matched.


Had the timing all went differently maybe he would have. I wonder if he wanted to play center?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheOnlyThing


Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Last Games in a Packer Uniform? Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:
We all know that there will be significant turnover of the roster this offseason just as there is with every year for every team throughout the NFL.

Who's done in Green Bay? Here are my top 5 candidates:

1) Datone Jones: One of the poster children for the defensive failures the past four seasons. A supposedly athletic DE, he failed there and was moved to OLB this season where he came up with a whopping 1 sack and 22 combined tackles. He is best known for his boneheaded offsides penalties. Not even TT would overpay this near bust, would he?

2) James Starks: It was a mistake to resign this over 30 RB last offseason. Plus, the cap hit is less than $1,000,000. Thanks for 2010 James.

3) Christine Michael: An NFL journeyman who is easily replaceable.

4) Julius Peppers: Old, expensive, and declining performer. Hard to see GB ponying up Pep's going rate and why would he want to take a discount on what he had been making?

5) Sam Shields: No way the team can ever count on him again. If he doesn't retire, no way to justify his salary. Let's hope sanity prevails and Sam protects his brain from further trauma.

Who do you got?


3 down 2 to go.

Supremely confident that knuckleheaded Michael will not be back, which would make it 4 of 5. Lacy might return and Jackson has already been tendered. Meanwhile, this is a deep rookie RB class. Certainly someone better than Christine will send him packing before next season begins, right?

Far less confident regarding Datone not returning at this point. With virtually all the desirable OLBs already snatched up, I have not heard squat about D. Jones since free agency began. (Anyone else hear of any team expressing even tepid interest in him?


Well, with Datone now a Vike, should be 5 for 5 as there is no way Michael should be on this roster next season.


Thanks TT for drafting (3) youngins' who give us fans hope they can be solid RBs and thereby making it possible for C. Michael to begin the next phase of his working career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
1. Sam Shields. If reports are to believed, he still hasn't recovered from his concussion 5? months after it happened. It is time to hang them up.

2. TJ Lang. He is currently injured. He would be a 3rd contract player.

3. James Starks. Had his best season in 2015, completely disappeared in 2016. It is probably time. That said, it wouldn't be too surprising if he were at least given a shot in TC next season.

4. Julius Peppers. I think he retires, or chases a ring somewhere else.

5. JC Tretter. I thought he was the better of the two centers. He cannot stay healthy.

Everyone else was a non-factor. I don't think they should bring back Datone or Hyde, but I think they will.


I can toot my own horn too. Razz
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOnlyThing


Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
1. Sam Shields. If reports are to believed, he still hasn't recovered from his concussion 5? months after it happened. It is time to hang them up.

2. TJ Lang. He is currently injured. He would be a 3rd contract player.

3. James Starks. Had his best season in 2015, completely disappeared in 2016. It is probably time. That said, it wouldn't be too surprising if he were at least given a shot in TC next season.

4. Julius Peppers. I think he retires, or chases a ring somewhere else.

5. JC Tretter. I thought he was the better of the two centers. He cannot stay healthy.

Everyone else was a non-factor. I don't think they should bring back Datone or Hyde, but I think they will.


I can toot my own horn too. Razz


Actually, you predicting Tretter & Lang to be former Packers was far more audacious than my predictions of D. Jones & Michael, so toot away you were indeed prescient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
1. Sam Shields. If reports are to believed, he still hasn't recovered from his concussion 5? months after it happened. It is time to hang them up.

2. TJ Lang. He is currently injured. He would be a 3rd contract player.

3. James Starks. Had his best season in 2015, completely disappeared in 2016. It is probably time. That said, it wouldn't be too surprising if he were at least given a shot in TC next season.

4. Julius Peppers. I think he retires, or chases a ring somewhere else.

5. JC Tretter. I thought he was the better of the two centers. He cannot stay healthy.

Everyone else was a non-factor. I don't think they should bring back Datone or Hyde, but I think they will.


I can toot my own horn too. Razz


Actually, you predicting Tretter & Lang to be former Packers was far more audacious than my predictions of D. Jones & Michael, so toot away you were indeed prescient.


Just Joshing you!

I did also say I expected them to keep Datone and Hyde though, but only because that would have made me mad. Thanks TT!

I think a couple of more interesting picks would have been Gunter and Allison. Neither have been cut yet, but new additions to the roster may have them on the outside.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOnlyThing


Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:


I think a couple of more interesting picks would have been Gunter and Allison. Neither have been cut yet, but new additions to the roster may have them on the outside.[/quote]

Excellent observations about 2 youngsters who got significant playing time in 2016 and may not even make the roster in 2017. Predicting either one of them to have played there last game with GB after the NFC Championship game would have been really bold.

I have mixed emotions about Gunter.

On the one hand, he was put into a bad position and asked to do things he was not capable of and at least seemed to give maximum effort during last season's disaster at CB.

On the other hand, it is really hard to hide his lack of wheels and I think if he is getting extensive playing time it is bad news for the Pack, because it means more gifted CBs are either hurt or have flamed out.

Allison could go either way, but i'd have no problem with Davis, Yancey, or Dupre supplanting him. Lots of good competition at WR that is for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOnlyThing wrote:

Excellent observations about 2 youngsters who got significant playing time in 2016 and may not even make the roster in 2017. Predicting either one of them to have played there last game with GB after the NFC Championship game would have been really bold.

I have mixed emotions about Gunter.

On the one hand, he was put into a bad position and asked to do things he was not capable of and at least seemed to give maximum effort during last season's disaster at CB.

On the other hand, it is really hard to hide his lack of wheels and I think if he is getting extensive playing time it is bad news for the Pack, because it means more gifted CBs are either hurt or have flamed out.

Allison could go either way, but i'd have no problem with Davis, Yancey, or Dupre supplanting him. Lots of good competition at WR that is for sure.


Allison is a fine player. If someone beats him out for a job, then the team got better. I feel the same about Jeff Janis.

Gunter's lack of speed will be the end of him. Whether this season or next will be the question. King is now our big CB, and he can move. Hawkins, Waters, Goodson, and that small school guy that ran 4.3 all have an advantage athletically, and if they show any kind of improvement, don't you have to go with the guy that isn't the speed of a LB?
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3945
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
TheOnlyThing wrote:

Excellent observations about 2 youngsters who got significant playing time in 2016 and may not even make the roster in 2017. Predicting either one of them to have played there last game with GB after the NFC Championship game would have been really bold.

I have mixed emotions about Gunter.

On the one hand, he was put into a bad position and asked to do things he was not capable of and at least seemed to give maximum effort during last season's disaster at CB.

On the other hand, it is really hard to hide his lack of wheels and I think if he is getting extensive playing time it is bad news for the Pack, because it means more gifted CBs are either hurt or have flamed out.

Allison could go either way, but i'd have no problem with Davis, Yancey, or Dupre supplanting him. Lots of good competition at WR that is for sure.


Allison is a fine player. If someone beats him out for a job, then the team got better. I feel the same about Jeff Janis.

Gunter's lack of speed will be the end of him. Whether this season or next will be the question. King is now our big CB, and he can move. Hawkins, Waters, Goodson, and that small school guy that ran 4.3 all have an advantage athletically, and if they show any kind of improvement, don't you have to go with the guy that isn't the speed of a LB?


As it often does at the end of the roster it'll probably come down to special teams play and upside. Neither Allison or Gunther excel in those areas. It really hurts their chances of sticking around for long.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group