You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your draft day set up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ether

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
True story, today: To old (older than I, at least) and I were on the elevator in the condo complex that includes my office. Somehow, I think one of them introduced it, the subject of our conversation became the draft and the Browns.

I told them that I had read headlines that said that we could not screw this one up.

They both vehemently said: "Oh yes we can...we are the Browns."

Interesting insight into a presumably small segment of our fan base.

I used to do elaborate stuff like smoked bbq ribs.

This year, I am going to start with a martini and then drink a lot of beer unless they do something stupid early on, in which case I will switch back to martinis.

Bruh I'm not gonna lie I love the Browns too much to enjoy casual conversation about them with strangers.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. No Browns fans in northern California. I met two football fans from Cleveland in the past two days, one 49er fan and one Dollfan. d'oh!

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
I'm done with work at 3:00 (hey, one of the perks of teaching school, but I'm always there by 6 am).

Daughter has auxiliary team tryouts for the flag corps tomorrow evening. (A formality, this'll be her 3rd year.) They are done at 8:30, but one of her friends is dropping her off afterwards.

I'll watch tonight's "Designated Survivor" episode on the DVR.

I'll be sitting at my desk in our family room, with a glass of Crystal Light grape drink, and hope that no one bugs me while the draft is on. I don't even know if I have anything "snack related" in the cupboard or fridge. (Does cottage cheese count?)

(Probably do some laundry while it is going as well.)

Yep, that's me. Mr. Excitement.

ditchdigger wrote:
If we announce Garrett #1...

If we announce Trubisky #1...

Of course, I am kidding about the heroin. I'll still drink that beer because it's too expensive not to, but it will be for a different - more malevolent - purpose.

In Honor of you Two, I will not post a Meme or Gif today....These are Perfect....

I am actually on my way to Philly to the draft now...me and my right hand man.....I wont even get into what's in the trunk of the car LOL.....but happy draft to everyone!!!!!

Garrett @ 1

Trubisky @ =<12

BPA on the board @ 33
Best FS at #52 (if we keep it) or 3rd 1rst (Baker, Williams, Obi)
Laughing Laughing

I know what's in the trunk. Travel safe.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

I know what's in the trunk. Travel safe.

LOL......we go back way to far my friend....

I made it back safe.....
The Draft was INSANITY!!!!!
Great Experience, the NFL did it first rate...
The NFL security Guard let me in WITH my flask...originally stopped and told that it wasn't permitted....I started playing to the Crowd saying how much I would need this if we didn't take Garrett #1....and I'm a Browns fan, have Mercy on me....other fans around started to agree...Security Cat let me in with the flask....
Almost got into it with a Dolphin fan.....other than that...a Cheesesteaks and strange women fueled Bender....GREAT weekend...
Eagles fan were surprisingly friendly......
Every Browns fan should go to a draft at least once....its the like a Mecca Pilgrimage...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time was had, but I think we had the better vantage point at home due to the ability to mute the Eagles fans.

Happy to see you made it back.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Sounds like a good time was had, but I think we had the better vantage point at home due to the ability to mute the Eagles fans.

Happy to see you made it back.

You didn't want to sing along with the Eagles fight song every time some yokel couldn't come up with anything clever to say?

Sure seemed fun to me..... :/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: