Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars select Ohio LB Blair Brown #148 overall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Jaguars select Ohio LB Blair Brown #148 overall Reply with quote

Another solid pick. Have to wonder if we would have taken Jake Butt or George Kittle if they had fallen to us though.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't done due dilligence on LB's, but I remember hearing this guys name a lot back in the draft process. Not sure where he lines up at LB though. Hopefully he can play SAM?

El Ramster on the sig
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Haven't done due dilligence on LB's, but I remember hearing this guys name a lot back in the draft process. Not sure where he lines up at LB though. Hopefully he can play SAM?

He will probably learn all 3 positions and be the primary back-up. Probably similar to what Russell Allen was for us.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

He will probably learn all 3 positions and be the primary back-up. Probably similar to what Russell Allen was for us.

Ok, so this guy actually may be someone that starts in the not so distant future.

Quote:
Doug Moore‏Verified account @DMooreNFL 28m28 minutes ago
More
#Jaguars get a steal in Ohio LB Blair Brown. Especially in the 5th round. #NFLDraft

Quote:

Cole Thompson‏ @MrColeThompson 35m35 minutes ago
More
Blair Brown is a #Jaguars. He's going to compete for a starting spot in the near future. Good pick #NFLDraft

Quote:
Matt Hoffman‏
@MattHoffmanNFL
From @PFF on #Jaguars Blair Brown:
Ranked first in FBS in tackling efficiency with just three misses and 96 solo tackles.

And now, the most telling tweet:
Quote:

Zach Whitman‏
@zjwhitman

Follow
More
Top 5 Combine SPARQ off-LOS LB
1. Blair Brown
2. Duke Riley
3. Ben Gedeon
4. Zach Cunningham
5. Vince Biegel

This guys measurables are very, very good. Tests similar to Eric Kendricks.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he fits at both SAM and WILL but Caldwell pointed out WILL in an interview. I hope that doesn't mean we aren't locking up Telvin long-term...

El Ramster on the sig
VLoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it points to anything re: Telvin. We have literally nobody who can even step in and play somewhat like him, so definitely a plus we can plug Brown at WILL if the need arises. He has the look of a guy who can fill in anywhere, but SAM would make this a fastttttttttttttt LB corps in the next few years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
I don't think it points to anything re: Telvin. We have literally nobody who can even step in and play somewhat like him, so definitely a plus we can plug Brown at WILL if the need arises. He has the look of a guy who can fill in anywhere, but SAM would make this a fastttttttttttttt LB corps in the next few years.

Also smalllllllllllllllllllll though. Even if some of them punch above their weight class.

In any case, nice to have some more depth at LBer. Don't know much about this guy, but he seems versatile and athletic. That's nice to have.

Have to imagine he'll also be a real boon to special teams with that kind of skillset. Important thing for this team to improve too.
VLoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Also smalllllllllllllllllllll though. Even if some of them punch above their weight class.

In any case, nice to have some more depth at LBer. Don't know much about this guy, but he seems versatile and athletic. That's nice to have.

Have to imagine he'll also be a real boon to special teams with that kind of skillset. Important thing for this team to improve too.

Brown is about 240 though, think maybe 238? He's a pretty thick dude. Jeff Risdon said he'd be comfortable kicking him to Mike in heavier sets, so that's not terrible. Plus they're all sure tacklers, they're not gonna miss much and I don't think our DL is gonna be easy to run against no matter what.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Brown is about 240 though, think maybe 238? He's a pretty thick dude. Jeff Risdon said he'd be comfortable kicking him to Mike in heavier sets, so that's not terrible. Plus they're all sure tacklers, they're not gonna miss much and I don't think our DL is gonna be easy to run against no matter what.

Yeah...with this DL I think they'll be fine if we were to have a Brown-Jack-Telvin LB set. Campbell/Smoot/Malik/Abry etc. are all very big human beings. Plus, check out Brown on tape. That dude put some big licks on OL and didn't seem to have any problem with them. I think he's going to be fine.

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
VLoo wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Yeah...with this DL I think they'll be fine if we were to have a Brown-Jack-Telvin LB set. Campbell/Smoot/Malik/Abry etc. are all very big human beings. Plus, check out Brown on tape. That dude put some big licks on OL and didn't seem to have any problem with them. I think he's going to be fine.

True. It's probably fine. But still could be a bit of a factor, given Telvin's never gonna weigh much, Jack isn't particularly sizey either, and Brown doesn't seem to have much length.

League's obviously moving more toward that direction anyway though.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing pick with Brown. He was one of my favorite prospects in the draft, and the Eagles board was clamoring for him. He has some of the best instincts in the draft and does an amazing job of working through trash to find the ball carrier and make the tackle.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Amazing pick with Brown. He was one of my favorite prospects in the draft, and the Eagles board was clamoring for him. He has some of the best instincts in the draft and does an amazing job of working through trash to find the ball carrier and make the tackle.

Yeah, been watching some games of his and he's pretty impressive. Not sure how good he'll be in coverage but he's a beast in the run game.

El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: