Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread Pt. 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears are probably a 6-10 team.

But it doesn't matter because their is legitimate hope now. I will be watching 6-10 on the edge of my seat because now White, Meredith, Shaheen's development have huge impact on 2018 and Trubisky.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Is it me, or did this draft seem kind of 'Angelo-esque' to you? 3 of our 5 picks were from small schools, one guy had a broken leg last year. To a degree, it seemed like Pace just pulled a name out of a hat and said 'Thats our pick' In time, these guys could pan out, who knows. MT could be a quality QB for years. As of now, I feel very underwhelmed by our draft. No pass rusher, no CB, a RB and a OG that we didnt need(2 guys from smaller schools) Does Pace know something about these guys we dont, or did he not want to pick players, so he just picked this guy and that guy?

Obviously Pace sees something in them that we don't. What do you mean by not wanting to pick players? That's a rather large part of a GMs job.

Pace and our scouts must have seen something in the guys we drafted, otherwise we'd passed on them. To me, it did seem like an Angelo draft by drafting this guy, that guy, and lots of smaller school guys. I guess thats what I meant by Pace not wanting to pick players. Small school guys can pan out, not saying they cant. NFLN said that about 2/3rds of players on a team is on day 3 of the draft. You cant take rounds 4-7 lightly. Find guys who could be good, fill some needs, add some depth. Maybe by drafting Cohen, Carey and/or Langford is on the trading block, or gets released? Some people have said that this draft is geared more for 2018 as opposed to 2017. If thats the case, we're looking at another top 10 pick. It better be worth it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: