You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#246 - Jordan Carrell - DT - Colorado

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: #246 - Jordan Carrell - DT - Colorado Reply with quote

6 sacks. JUCO transfer. Camp body most likely.

Kiltman on the sig & avy

Last edited by WizardHawk on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 246 - John Carroll DE Colorado Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
6 sacks. JUCO transfer. Camp body most likely.

Why spend a draft pick on a camp body? You sign those guys after and if you know you're not keeping them it don't matter. At least draft someone who has a chance. Whatever though, last pick no big deal.

EL ramster on the sig!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I know it was our last pick, but I gotta clean/clear this up a little.

First and foremost the guy's name is Jordan Carrell not John Carroll.

Secondly he's 6'3" 300 lbs. Thus, it's "Jordan Carrell DT" not DE. He's a Big so 5 sacks last year mean something.

And lastly, to answer you AJ, they didn't draft him to BE a camp body. They drafted him because they saw something in him and, like most of our picks, he was probably higher on our board than where he was picked.

For instance, I read he was a dirstruptive interrior lineman and tackle monster for one of the nations best defenses and had 5 sacks. Then in the off season clocks a mid 4.8 forty and a 31.5 inch vert at 300 lbs.

Quote:
Carrell (6-3, 300 pounds) was the 246th overall pick in the seventh round.

As a junior for the Buffs, Carrell had 43 tackles, 7.5 for loss and one sack. Then as a senior he racked up 46 tackles, six for loss, and five sacks.

Carrell picked up buzz during Colorado's pro day with a mid-4.8 40 time and a 31.5-inch vertical leap.

Quote:
PICK ANALYSIS:

Carrell is a project, but he flashed enough as a disruptive penetrator in one of the nation's best defenses to catch the interest of Cowboys coaches. --Mark Dulgeria

We drafted his teammate Awuzie. Was the Colorado defense good because the DBs, or the DL?

Oh well, we got both.

I'm not saying he will be a pro bowler, but we can at least get his name and position right. If for nothing else but to keep the depth chart in my mind nice and tidy.

And who knows, he might be good.

Last edited by DaBoys on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
resilient

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who gets drafted should and has the potential to be more than just a camp body. Ratliff I believe was an example of that. And Romo maybe??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: