Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Draft Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why everyone hates the pick. I like it! Does this mean he will be starter right away? No but the guy has great character, very accurate and is smart where he is able to pick up blitzes and change plays without making mistakes. His arm strength lacks which can be an issue at times in cold weather but lets be honest its a late rd qb who needs time to develop. You guys expect the bills to find the next Aaron Rodgers but start week 1 its not happening!!! He is the complete opposite of Cardele Jones, who is quick to chuck the ball and has a big arm but is inaccurate and cant read defenses.

I am happy they took him even if he is not a starter they atleast are trying and not spending much on it so if it doesn't work out cutting him will not be a big deal unlike teams that got Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson. Those guys fail then they blew multiple early picks on them.

I wanted Chad Kelly because of his arm strength but that is what Cardele has and that hasnt turned out to be amazing early.

One thing is for sure on the entire draft McDermott's motto and looks like it in every player is Character, Versatility, Experience, and Smarts. This draft showed that and I am good with it. I expect the 2 LBs to play backup and start on Special Teams, with Peterman beating out Cardale and possibly Tj Yates. Whether he beats out Tyrod will be seen but he has 2 years to prove himself of it.

Thanks Max
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of us dislike the pick because we have plenty of holes (which you yourself have mentioned several times) and we didn't need another backup QB. Already have two of em, one which we're trying to develop whether you like his chances or not.

I would've rather taken a player at a position of need. There were a handful of solid safety and defensive linemen available among many other positions. I didn't think QB was that pick.

At the end of the day I'm not going to lose sleep over it. He's not a bad player. He has a lot of good tools to work with for sure. Just had a few others I would've preferred.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree holes are there however are we really expecting to have a 5th round player start? I think with what the bills had for this draft they did pretty good. They got value and need. I think CB, wr2 and RT are going to be set with the draft. Along with 2 special teamers, Milano could also play S/LB in some packages. Overall I give the draft an A- or B+. I think they did better with this draft then last year. I thought Shaq Lawson value wise was great however it didnt fit rex scheme as he is a 4-3 DE which will work out well for us now. I still think SS is still a need. I also know some guys are still out there would love to see them bring Jarius Byrd back if possible and Alteran Verner as CB depth.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: