FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

___/\_/\____ |Flatlyned Final Mock___/\_________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: ___/\_/\____ |Flatlyned Final Mock___/\_________ Reply with quote

I think the Rams go heavy offense this year. We made a huge investment in our franchise QB last year, and I think we need to give him what he needs to be successful this season. In this mock, Im listing what I would do if I were the GM. I initially had us trading into first round to grab Davis, but decided to go another direction as Ive started to fall for another WR that could be at our pick.

NOTE: Draft pick estimations were primarily used from CBS Draft profiles because its easy to use and its at least one census of prediction. Some players will be perceived to go higher or lower, so I just used a sites estimations for simplicity.

Trade:
Houston moves up to grab Kizer after not getting their guy in the 1st round. Used trade value chart and we are actually taking 517 pts back from Houston, for a pick worth 530.
Rams Give: 2(37)
Houston Gives: 2(57), 3(89),4(130)

Round 2(25)
Cooper Kupp, WR E.Washington

After witnessing Jerrys love for this guy, I went back and watched all of last years film on him. What can I say, hes absolutely perfect for what Goff needs. A super reliable WR that will get open and then add some RAC. Outside of Mike Williams and Corey Davis, there isnt a WR Id rather have in this draft for the Rams. In addition to that, I think he is available late 2nd or early 3rd so we take advantage of a trade back opportunity and pick up some more assets to get our guy.

Round 3(5)
Fabian Moreau, CB UCLA

Potentially a first round pick prior to a torn pec muscle during pre draft testing. We get ourselves a steal in the early 3rd round due to this and the depth of the CB class. Big enough to play tall WRs and extremely athletic with a 4.35 40 yard dash. I do have some concerns about his injury frequency, but am willing to gamble with the upside he presents. Will immediately compete for the #2 CB slot.

Round 3(25)
Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE - Villanova

A freak of nature for depth on our defensive line. Perfect for end in our 3-4 and can share snaps with Easley so we dont wear him down. Explosive, huge, with a huge amount of potential. Certainly needs to refine his raw skills but could turn into a beast.

Round 4(5)
George Kittle, TE Iowa

Another Jerry prospect that I had to go back and watch tape on. What I saw I really liked. Not only is he potentially the best blocker of the TEs in this draft, but this guy is athletic and soft handed. Only allowed ONE QB pressure over 2 seasons at Iowa. An absolutely perfect match for what we need to add to help in the blocking game and mismatch receiving game.

Round 4(24)
Josh Reynolds, WR Texas A&M

Another offensive weapon for Goff. Here is our deep threat. Great size at 63, athletic, very long arms, and great hands. Check out some of his highlight catches and his games. Love him and it would be a steal to get him in the 4th. Last years picks better play their butts off to make the team with the new guys.

Round 4(24)
Sean Harlow, OL Oregon State

Versatile underrated lineman in my opinion. He can play inside and, in a pinch, can be used outside, though he will definitely need to work on his pass protection in the pros. Already a very good run blocker with a lot of potential.

Round 5(5)
Blair Brown, LB Ohio

One of my favorite LBs in this draft class. He is slightly undersized in height, but is not a small guy. Hes seen as more of a early down backer, but he definitely showed that hes pretty athletic at the combine. Id envision him playing for Barron on early downs inside, and potentially taking over completely for him. This guy is as sure of a tackler as there is in the draft IMO.

Round 6(5)
Stevie Tuikolovatu, NT USC

I had to get an SC guy in here. That aside, this is a monster of a man. Depth at the NT is needed and there are not many more suited for it in the draft. Yes, he is older (25). And yes, he cant rush the passer. He can eat up blocks and play the run however. And Im scare of him so are you.

Round 6(22)
Chase Roullier, C Wyoming

Quite honestly, Id not heard of this guy prior to a few mocks on here and some discussions. What I have now seen of him, I like. Im not sure hell make it to this pick, but many sites have him in the 7th, so Id take him early to be sure we get him. Potential starting C in a few years and a great back up for Sullivan. All that in the 6th round, sign me up. Only gave up 8 pressure in 2016.

Round 7(16)
Nate Gerry , S Nebraska

Safety depth, with some potential. Wreckless tackler that whiffs a bit too often but hopefully can clear that up in the pros.

QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Tavon Austin
WR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Tyler Higbee / George Kittle
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Rob Havenstein
RT: Greg Robinson

LDE: Dominique Easley / Tanoh Kpassangnon
NT: Michael Brockers / Tyrunn Walker
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: Connor Barwin
MLB: Mark Barron / Blair Brown
MLB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Kayvon Webster / Justin Moreau / EJ Gaines
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Mo Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the trade, but would like to see more Offense with the first 4 picks. With the Rams wanting to keep Tru and the 2 FA signings, I'm not sure if we got CB early on unless a clear cut top 5-7 CB fell to us.

I feel like our key defensive pieces are in place and some of the depth pieces are there as well (Cody Davis, EJ Gaines, Josh Forrest, Westbrook).

We can find more depth in later rounds to development and watch the Texans/Broncos camp cuts as well.

I think we will walk away with atleast 1 TE, 2-3 WR, 1 RB, 1 OL
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no way to know for sure and I know you just went off CBS estimations for draft positioning, but I would be shocked if Blair Brown isnt taken day 2.

In terms of the players, theres some I like and some I dont. Kupp in the 2nd, meh. I like Moreau, wishy washy on Kpass, like Kittle, love Brown (but doubt hes there), everything else is good.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock draft Flatlyned me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
I really like the trade, but would like to see more Offense with the first 4 picks. With the Rams wanting to keep Tru and the 2 FA signings, I'm not sure if we got CB early on unless a clear cut top 5-7 CB fell to us.

I feel like our key defensive pieces are in place and some of the depth pieces are there as well (Cody Davis, EJ Gaines, Josh Forrest, Westbrook).

We can find more depth in later rounds to development and watch the Texans/Broncos camp cuts as well.

I think we will walk away with atleast 1 TE, 2-3 WR, 1 RB, 1 OL

Well in the first 5 picks we get a TE and 2 WR's. I think that sets up Goff with enough weapons to be successful. I don't disagree with the D being mostly in place, however, with the change to 3-4, I feel like we need a rotation contributor in this draft up front. Also, Moreau is a steal if he falls to 3rd because of a upper body injury. He'd come in a compete for starting CB and provide us with even more depth.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Theres no way to know for sure and I know you just went off CBS estimations for draft positioning, but I would be shocked if Blair Brown isnt taken day 2.

In terms of the players, theres some I like and some I dont. Kupp in the 2nd, meh. I like Moreau, wishy washy on Kpass, like Kittle, love Brown (but doubt hes there), everything else is good.

I could totally see Brown going higher, I'd draft him higher personally. I love him in the middle of our D. As it was, he's listed as 6th rounder, so I put him at top of 5th. Would be an absolute steal.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I could totally see Brown going higher, I'd draft him higher personally. I love him in the middle of our D. As it was, he's listed as 6th rounder, so I put him at top of 5th. Would be an absolute steal.

Yeah, personally I see him going in the 3rd.

Another thing, I dont like Harlow before the 6th. Sad to say because Ive hungout with him coaching with his dad and while I love his aggressiveness and mentality, I see him struggling at the next level.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
stl4life07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Rams draft Kupp in the 2nd round, a trade down should happen. Thus I really like the move to pick up an extra 3rd and 4th round draft pick.

I dont mind the Rams getting a cornerback in the 3rd round but with the extra 3rd round pick, I would like for them to get a center. Maybe Pocic if possible.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
If the Rams draft Kupp in the 2nd round, a trade down should happen. Thus I really like the move to pick up an extra 3rd and 4th round draft pick.

I dont mind the Rams getting a cornerback in the 3rd round but with the extra 3rd round pick, I would like for them to get a center. Maybe Pocic if possible.

Certainly considered it. But I thought with Harlow and Roullier, we have depth for Center and potentially a future starter.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I sure hope the Rams don't go offensive heavy. Reaching for offense in a weak draft leaves a ton of talent on the table.

With that said, I can work with the Moreau (doubt he's there), Kittle, Reynolds, and Brown picks.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down with this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this draft a lot. I think it's a bit optimistic to get that much return for that trade but it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if it happened. I'm not in love with Kupp but I'd be fine with him. I like the Blair Brown pick (though I agree that he likely won't be on the board that long) and also the USC NT pick. I think they're both great late round picks that would actually offer something to this team. I also think Kittle and Reynolds would be nice pieces for our team. This actually looks pretty similar to a draft that I've crafted up. Well done.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the all the feedback everyone. Lets all hope we are not disappointed at the end of the draft Saturday
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2 right so far, hoping my later picks come to fruition.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: