Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion [4th-7th Rounds] [No Spoilers!]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chili

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Discussion [4th-7th Rounds] [No Spoilers!] Reply with quote

I've been waiting impatiently for a day 3 thread to pop up so I figured I might as well start one. I hope our exalted one, our God of Mods, from the green and golden land of the lakes, land of the north, the lord of cheese, king of winter is absolutely ok with this. Laughing

What prospects should we be looking at today?

I badly want a RB. I've been watching RB tape of the available prospects and so far Samaje Perine is clearly the best RB available. He runs almost like Jordan Howard. Got nice quick feet which allows him to subtly shift his big body. What I really like is his uncanny ability to ride the tackles, he's able to bounce of them without going down.

I quite like Mack and Elijah McGuire but not sure if they are potential bell cow backs in the NFL.

As for other positions I have to admit my knowledge is lacking.

I'm more familar with the OL prospects and like Amichia, Steven Moore, Croston, Asista, Myers, Siragusa, Roullier.

I like the corners Howard Wilson and Desmond King but I don't think we will be looking to draft another corner.

I'm surprised TE Leggett is still available. Very good receiver imo.

I recognise that people consider Lawson is one of the top pass rushers available but I dont think he's very good. I also hate his lack of passion on the field.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's leave offensive line, running back and receiver to the undrafted free agents part of the day and get us two pass rushers, one more corner and a punter.
duxrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I would like to see Perine right away, and would love me a certain Badger LB later on in the 4th. (If for nothing else than to shut up some Ted haters a bit)

Telling ya, I'm still liking Ogunbowale as UDFA as well.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential Fits at 4 Positions (That I have draftable grades on).

RB

Samaje Perine
Marlon Mack
Brian Hill
Jeremy McNichols
Joe Williams
Aaron Jones

CB

Nate Hairston
Brian Allen
Xavier Coleman

EDGE

Vince Biegel
Carroll Phillips (ILB/OLB)
Samson Ebukam
Carl Lawson
Keion Adams
Noble Nwachukwu
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Avery Moss
Hunter Dimick
Joe Mathis (7th/UDFA)

OL

Isaac Asiata
Nico Siragusa
Kofi Amichia
Jermaine Eluemunor
Levon Myers
Aviante Collins
Corey Levin
J.J. Dielman
Kyle Fuller (C-Only)
Chase Roullier (C-Only)
packfanfb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give me Carl Lawson at 108, then RB, OL, WR, ILB, and OLB to finish the draft in any order.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, when does the draft start today? I was thinking an hour earlier than it did yesterday.
packfanfb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Wait, when does the draft start today? I was thinking an hour earlier than it did yesterday.

12 EST
Chili

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really struggling to find a RB that I like. Shocked

Cadmus- you dont have a draftable grade on Desmond King?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
I'm really struggling to find a RB that I like. Shocked

Cadmus- you dont have a draftable grade on Desmond King?

At safety.

I might be missing a few on that list. I just went off the top of my head because I'm on my phone.
Mazrimiv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 108 I'd be quite happy to see Lawson (edge) or Johnson (OG), but I expect TT has one of his WTF picks locked and loaded.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft Discussion [4th-7th Rounds] [No Spoilers! Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
I've been waiting impatiently for a day 3 thread to pop up so I figured I might as well start one. I hope our exalted one, our God of Mods, from the green and golden land of the lakes, land of the north, the lord of cheese, king of winter is absolutely ok with this. Laughing

What prospects should we be looking at today?

I badly want a RB. I've been watching RB tape of the available prospects and so far Samaje Perine is clearly the best RB available. He runs almost like Jordan Howard. Got nice quick feet which allows him to subtly shift his big body. What I really like is his uncanny ability to ride the tackles, he's able to bounce of them without going down.

I quite like Mack and Elijah McGuire but not sure if they are potential bell cow backs in the NFL.

As for other positions I have to admit my knowledge is lacking.

I'm more familar with the OL prospects and like Amichia, Steven Moore, Croston, Asista, Myers, Siragusa, Roullier.

I like the corners Howard Wilson and Desmond King but I don't think we will be looking to draft another corner.

I'm surprised TE Leggett is still available. Very good receiver imo.

I recognise that people consider Lawson is one of the top pass rushers available but I dont think he's very good. I also hate his lack of passion on the field.

To cover your players, here are my thoughts:
1) We are getting into the territory of these guys being role players. If a guy could be a 3-down back, I think Mack would be one of the top candidates. I do like Perine as the top RB left, being a unique guy that fills many roles.
2) I like Howard Wilson at Nickel, but we really don't need a Nickel anymore. He also has a terrible 40 (although great 3-cone), and has work ethic issues (allegedly). A lot of people are seeing Desmond King as a FS instead of a CB. He's not the most athletic or biggest guy, but his time should come soon.
3) Leggett is a lot like Richard Rodgers in that he has good hands but doesn't block particularly well and doesn't have the speed to stretch the field. That puts him in the 4th Round at the earliest, maybe later, as I like a bunch of TE's more than him right now. ESPN has George Kittle a little lower, but the guy is very athletic and a dominant blocker. I want him badly. Jake Butt has to go soon, as does Bucky Hodges, who is more of a TE/WR hybrid. Despite there being some small school TE's taken, there are still a number of good small school TE's left, so it'll be interesting to see where they go.
4) It's hard to be upset about "missing out" on Lawson despite how talented and athletic he is for the reason you mentioned, as well as his injury history.
5) Pushing OL to the bottom, look up OT/OG Jermaine Eluemunor TEXAS A&M. He's probably the most likely option for the Packers on the OL at this point. OT/OG Dorian Johnson PITT is also an option to look into. OT Julie'n Davenport BUCKNELL is an interesting developmental guy with crazy 36 1/2" arms. OT's Roderick Johnson FLORIDA ST and Conor McDermott UCLA are two of my personal top OT's left but I don't think they fit the Packers very well. Johnson would more than McDermott. OT Sam Tevi UTAH is interesting, but he's not set to come off for a few rounds yet most likely. I personally think OG Ben Braden MICHIGAN is quite interesting, and he has the arm length to be an OT at 34". I call him an OG because that's where everybody has him due to foot speed, but I think as a backup especially, he could backup OT and OG. He's 6'6" with those 34" arms with a 5.04 40 and a 1.78 10-split. He played for Michigan as a LT, he's 329 lbs, and isn't projected to come off for a few rounds yet.

As to who I'm looking at, I really want WR Chad Hansen CALIFORNIA. RB Samaje Perine OKLAHOMA would be great. I like QB Brad Kaaya MIAMI quite a bit. TE Jake Butt MICHIGAN or George Kittle IOWA would be fantastic. Kendricks is on a 2-year cheap deal we can get out of after this year and Richard Rodgers is in a contract year. I wouldn't mind DT Carlos Watkins CLEMSON or NT Elijah Qualls WASHINGTON later in Day 3. I like OLB Hunter Dimick UTAH late in Day 3. ILB Ben Gedeon MICHIGAN would be some good depth to the position if we can get him late enough, but I want Offense in the 4th Round. I like a lot of these B1G guys that I feel are underrated.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Perine should be the pick ... he'd be a good fit for what we are looking for.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: