You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 68th pick, the Jaguars select Dawuane Smoot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: With the 68th pick, the Jaguars select Dawuane Smoot Reply with quote

More big bodies

Live like you're down 3-1
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick. Other guys at the same position that I would have preferred, but he should help the rotation.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not talking not feeling it
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
VLoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he's adding some weight and will play big end behind Calais. Makes sense, but plenty of edge guys I preferred over him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/fblrave/status/858137662946988033

Hot damn

^^el ramster^^
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Apparently he's adding some weight and will play big end behind Calais. Makes sense, but plenty of edge guys I preferred over him

Definitely looks like he needs to in the gif above

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Hot damn

He has potential looks like a scheme fit, i'm sure Wash vetted him well. Maybe with Campbell and Jackson they'll work with him and help him develop good habits. This is where Campbell is going to shine while he is here these young guys get to see a guy grind and give it his all every play and they'll follow suit and ball too. Campbell is a guy who comes to work on every play, these young guys need that in the study room that signing will pay dividends.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Hot damn

He has potential looks like a scheme fit, i'm sure Wash vetted him well. Maybe with Campbell and Jackson they'll work with him and help him develop good habits. This is where Campbell is going to shine while he is here these young guys get to see a guy grind and give it his all every play and they'll follow suit and ball too. Campbell is a guy who comes to work on every play, these young guys need that in the study room that signing will pay dividends.

Duval I think your sig is a little unfair now. I mean we didn't even pass on Solomon Thomas but i feel your pain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Hot damn

Shocked

Preferred Willis and Rivers, but I like what we're doing. Big guy with some serious pass rush ability. This year he was down in production, tried to play at a lighter weight. As others said, we're going to beef him back up similar to what he was in 2915 when he was a complete monster.

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Hot damn

Duval I think your sig is a little unfair now. I mean we didn't even pass on Solomon Thomas but i feel your pain

Laughing Agreed but with giving the need for the Jags if I was the GM under the same scenario I would have done what Caldwell did. I can't fault him there was no other viable choice. Unless you wanted to draft a QB and ditch Bortles but I couldn't see them viewing any of those options as immediate threats to beat out Blake.

At that pick like I said when you are picking that high you have to pick a individual with no red flags injuries, off the field, ect. (which is why you didn't see Allen taken until pick 17 because of injuries). And it has to be a blue chip player that makes an immediate impact on your football team. Is it a scary pick yes because Fournette could potential take a beating at a position known to take a pounding but he is built for it. I also questioned his passion for football but he pretty much put me at ease with the presser. He will work hard I believe he wants to be great that is important to me.

I just pray he stays healthy because if he does I can see him going down as one of the best backs in history if thats the case we will win a lot of ball games around here. A lot of people are down on this pick but forget that Jags have been at there best when we have had Fred and Mojo. We must get back to running the ball to be successful we can't be the Patriots and throw it around the field. We have an identity around here and we have to get back to it.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We finally have an identity.

These picks may not be good, but they finally have a vision they're trying to execute.

Live like you're down 3-1
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
We finally have an identity.

These picks may not be good, but they finally have a vision they're trying to execute.

Big and nasty man, I love it.

The more I'm reading/seeing with Smoot, the more I like. Justis was all over this guy and ranked him above Willis and co. during senior bowl week. When he was at a higher weight (which is what we're going to have him do), he was ridiculously impressive. Prior to the season starting Mel Kiper had him #6 on his big board for this years draft in September and McShay had him #24...not that either of them I think are amazing but it shows just how much he showed last year/what he showed. Sitting behind Calais is going to do wonders.

El Ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: