Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I would have drafted... (2017 edition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: I would have drafted... (2017 edition) Reply with quote

Got this idea from the Broncos forum. The rules are you can't invent trades that didn't happen, you can either accept or reject trades that did happen, and you have to choose from the players who were actually available at that spot. Everyone will sound like a genius today, but the real value in these threads will be looking back in 2-3 years.

I'll start:

1.5: Corey Davis - agree with the pick. No change. Jamal Adams was available though.

1.18: Adoree Jackson - Would have taken Reuben Foster instead.

"There is no off position on the genius switch!"
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st(5th) - Corey Davis - Stick with this pick. He was my top WR all along as soon as I saw him for the first time. The workouts kind of slipped people's opinions I guess but it was clear his fit on this team.

1st(1Cool - Adoree Jackson - I'm actually not changing this one either. Call me a homer or whatever but I like it. Kid is a raw prospect but look at the other CBs that were available. Not exactly head and shoulders above Adoree. Athletically is second to none. Our defense desperately needed more speed in our secondary. Now that he has the time to fully put everything into developing into a good CB, I'm confident he will. Finding a CB with athletic traits and the willingness to be aggressive especially in tackling is rare. Haven't even mentioned his ability in the return game and possible gadget plays on offense. I don't think he'll ever be a true lockdown cover CB. However, I do think he has ability to be an elite returner that can change for us and a playmaking CB in which we haven't had in years. I like Asante Samuel comparison. Samuel was a pretty good CB in this league. Very versatile and a true playmaker. I had a late 1st-early 2nd round grade on Adoree so it was a slight reach IMO but I'm perfectly fine with it. 2nd on the list was probably Fostter or Njoku.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
1st(5th) - Corey Davis - Stick with this pick. He was my top WR all along as soon as I saw him for the first time. The workouts kind of slipped people's opinions I guess but it was clear his fit on this team.

1st(1Cool - Adoree Jackson - I'm actually not changing this one either. Call me a homer or whatever but I like it. Kid is a raw prospect but look at the other CBs that were available. Not exactly head and shoulders above Adoree. Athletically is second to none. Our defense desperately needed more speed in our secondary. Now that he has the time to fully put everything into developing into a good CB, I'm confident he will. Finding a CB with athletic traits and the willingness to be aggressive especially in tackling is rare. Haven't even mentioned his ability in the return game and possible gadget plays on offense. I don't think he'll ever be a true lockdown cover CB. However, I do think he has ability to be an elite returner that can change for us and a playmaking CB in which we haven't had in years. I like Asante Samuel comparison. Samuel was a pretty good CB in this league. Very versatile and a true playmaker. I had a late 1st-early 2nd round grade on Adoree so it was a slight reach IMO but I'm perfectly fine with it. 2nd on the list was probably Fostter or Njoku.

Who are you and what have you done with the real TTF4L?

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

lol I know it's crazy right?

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

lol I know it's crazy right?

I'm also kinda really really liking it as well. The more I think of it the more I like it. I really think we had to get our receiver when we did. I love Jamal Adams but receiver was our biggest need to me. Corner was our second biggest need and Jackson reminds me of good Pacman and Asante Samuel. I think with good coaching he could be the playmaker we have needed for awhile.

2016 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Rashad Johnson : 38 TKLS, 1 PD, 1 FF
2. Sean Spence : 54 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 5 PD, 1 FF
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start by saying I'm happy with our first round selections and support those picks fully. But, if I was making the call in the war room, I would have gone.

5. Mike Williams. I'm aboard the Davis pick and hope he becomes our super beast... but I still think Williams is going to be a beast in this league.
18. Reuben Foster. I really want to go with Tre'Davious White here, but I think Foster is going to be an absolute stud... although I understand the concerns.
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting if we had taken Lattimore at #5, and Howard at #18. Then made the move up a little higher and snagged Kupp. #100 could have been Kazee at nickel, or Carl Lawson at edge.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.

Last edited by Ockham on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty happy with it so far. Give me White over Jackson at #18.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal Adams
OJ Howard (assuming WRs were still long gone at this point)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: