Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 1 discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with you guys about the Bears messing up the trade options for us.

Adams went 6 and Howard went 19. Each right after our pick. That is what I wanted.

But I trust in JRob. We got 2 kick azz footballers. The best receiver in the class (they compared his skills to T.O. in his post interview). And a playmaker CB who is pure electricity returning punts (no kickoffs). Bucky Brooks called Adoree a combination of Asante Samuel & Devin Hester Shocked

I love the trend of JRob's picks. You must have had an amazing college career. Not just a splash play every once in a while. Or little game time etc. Both of our picks were accredited workhorses in college (Jim Thorpe Award Winner, 5000 receiving yards the most by an FBS player, etc.).

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner

Last edited by TitanTuff on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 am; edited 4 times in total
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admittedly wasn't a big fan of the Adoree pick when it first happened, because I wanted OJ really badly. However, it does feel really good to come out of the first day with two of our biggest needs addressed. Adoree can also impact the game in all 3 facets which is huge. So, we were ultimately able to improve in all 3 facets of our team tonight with 2 picks. That's a pretty big deal. Jake Butt and Sidney Jones would be two guys I'd strongly consider tomorrow if they make it to the third. I could see somebody jumping on Sidney Jones in the 2nd though. I still find it unbelievable that his doctor said he's going to be ready to play in September after a torn Achilles.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad
renndawg37

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Davis and Jackson isn't a bad first.

Personally, if we had walked away with Jamal Adams and Rueben Foster... that would take our defense to another level.

Didn't like how early we took Davis, but given all 3 WRs were taken top 10, can't hate too much that we landed our choice of all of them.

Jackson I think could develop for us and be an elite CB... but he could also end up busting. Lotta risk with the pick, but the brass seems sold on him.

True, but we would be watching Mariota throw to Tajae Sharpe and Harry Douglas all year.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am thinking TE and LB in 3rd. What are you guys thinking?

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After sleeping on it I'm okay with the Davis pick even though I wanted Adams/a trade down but I'm still not liking the Jackson pick. I really wanted OJ Howard there at 18.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
lovetitans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping we trade up for Sidney Jones. Or he falls to us.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say our biggest weaknesses last year was our SPT, Secondary, and WR play.

We have (at least attempted to) addressed all 3 of those weaknesses with our two picks last night.

Also, Robinson's comment the other day at the predraft PC about the depth of this TE class made me feel that we wouldn't take 1 in the first round.

#MTGA
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
You could say our biggest weaknesses last year was our SPT, Secondary, and WR play.

We have (at least attempted to) addressed all 3 of those weaknesses with our two picks last night.

Also, Robinson's comment the other day at the predraft PC about the depth of this TE class made me feel that we wouldn't take 1 in the first round.

Yeah. I thought maybe Howard was enough to get him to pick a TE early. Howard is a good prospect but he wasn't an once in a generational talent. He was good at everything, it seemed.
But I know I got influenced by the talking heads saying he was worth top 10.

With us having Delanie it truly wasn't worth us taking a guy that early.
With good prospects going to be there in the third or later, I can understand the passing on Howard.

Same with Adams. He was going to be a rotational player. Say what will about Cyprien but he is going to play big snaps and you don't pick someone at 5 to be a rotational player.

Overall, I am thrilled with our picks. Two guys I wanted from the start, along with some others. I just wasn't sure how we could get them value wise.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
The Bears definitely threw a wrench in our plans today most likely, and the way other picks panned out there was just no value to be had trading down at 18. Too many defensive guys slid down.

I wasn't in love with either pick initially, but both will be starters by their second year (if not this year). Second round would be nice, but would like to avoid a 3rd this year and a 2nd in 2018 to get there. I trust J-Rob, and who knows, he has enough equity to let his plan unfold. Wouldn't be surprised at trades this weekend, or future vet moves that improve the team.

Not really. I think Trubisky was going 2 all along. The Bears must have thought the Browns were trying to jump them, so they stepped in. But had Trubisky fallen to 3, the Bears would have obviously taken him.

I really think the top 4 went pretty much like it was supposed to, just with the Niners and Bears switching spots. Garret and Fournette were mocked correctly by just about everyone.

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
If you told me we leave first round with Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson I'd take it.

Out of curiosity, had I told you we were leaving the first round with Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson having not made a trade, would you still have taken it a few hours ago?

Really though, for me, the major sting is passing on Foster and watching Hooker go to the Colts a few picks in front of us. The picks themselves? Meh, I've been angrier about plenty of picks in the past. Hell, just last year I was far more passionately against Conklin and Dodd than I was Adoree this year.

I still don't understand this trade down stuff to get Davis.

What makes Davis worth the 12th overall pick but not the 5th? I'm waiting on someone to educate me there.

I think a lot of times we have a hard time letting go of our own perceptions. We went into the draft thinking one of the top 3 receivers would make it to 18... so trading to 12 and taking the top or 2nd option was a smart move.

Reality and perception didn't match though, as all 3 went by pick 9. If we traded down, it's likely we not only miss out on our guy, but we miss out on all 3.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Yeah. I thought maybe Howard was enough to get him to pick a TE early. Howard is a good prospect but he wasn't an once in a generational talent. He was good at everything, it seemed.
But I know I got influenced by the talking heads saying he was worth top 10.

With us having Delanie it truly wasn't worth us taking a guy that early.
With good prospects going to be there in the third or later, I can understand the passing on Howard.

Same with Adams. He was going to be a rotational player. Say what will about Cyprien but he is going to play big snaps and you don't pick someone at 5 to be a rotational player.

Overall, I am thrilled with our picks. Two guys I wanted from the start, along with some others. I just wasn't sure how we could get them value wise.

Yep... I've said all along, that sweet spot for TEs is in the late 2nd through the 3rd round. Going TE so early when Delanie has shown no signs of slowing down just didn't add up.

I'm thinking TE, FS, and CB are the areas we look at with the next 3 picks, unless a prospect takes a tumble in the next few picks.

This was final mock... and I think I did decently to at least match need. (Barnett was a luxury guy I thought we'd take at 18, having gained the early 2nd rounder back for Adoree).

1st - Mike Williams, WR (manuever around and take him ~10)
1st - Derek Barnett, OLB
2nd - Adoree Jackson, CB
3rd - Teez Tabor, CB
3rd - Michael Robertson, TE
4th - Montae Nicholson, FS
5th - K.D. Cannon, WR
6th - Josh Dobbs, QB
7th - Grover Stewart, DL
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the early projections on the 2018 draft class - ie is it as deep as this one? Pretty much the only way we get into the 2nd today is giving up next year's 2. It may make sense to try and do that, but maybe we just roll the dice on 4 guys in the top 3 rounds.
tntitans4life17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I am pleased with how the first round shook out. I think Davis was the best WR available. I know some are saying 5 was high for him, but when Williams and Ross go 7 and 9, there was absolutely zero chance one of those 3 would have been there at 18.

Had the Browns made a trade for us to get up to 5 and we got 12 MAYBE one of those guys make it, but the Browns obviously didn't love any of the QBs enough to make a move like that/the offers they made to try the moves got topped by other offers. With how Cleveland played this draft, I doubt their offer was anywhere close to what the Bears gave up to get to 2 and take Trubisky and San Fran likely didn't want to go all the way back down to 12.

I think that with how the picks in front of us fell, and what happened immediately after as well, Davis was a solid pick at 5. Adams would've been a great pick as well but Davis and WR was the bigger need.

As for Adoree, I think that while we may have reached on him at 18, I am going to trust the guys in the front office that they saw something in him. I think Robinson hasn't done anything yet to make me question draft picks like that.

I was hoping we would trade down but I also don't think we would've/should've traded down if the offer wasn't what we wanted. Again, with how the draft fell and so many of the top guys falling, there wasn't any sense of urgency for teams to trade up from the back end of the first round.

I think Davis is going to be our #1 guy for 10-12 years and taking a guy like that has been a need for this team for years.

For Jackson, I think at worst we have an elite special team player and someone you can plug into a few offensive plays for a spark. He has some issues that need fixing to be a great coverage guy but I don't think they would've taken him if they didn't think he was coachable. He has elite athleticism and if you can get him to improve his technique, he will be a special player on defense.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
What are the early projections on the 2018 draft class - ie is it as deep as this one? Pretty much the only way we get into the 2nd today is giving up next year's 2. It may make sense to try and do that, but maybe we just roll the dice on 4 guys in the top 3 rounds.

As of now it's deep in QB and WR but not sure about the other positions. The only certainty is that the perceived depth of that class will change throughout the season. That QB class is silly though if the underclassmen decide to declare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: