Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars trade for Branden Albert. Julius Thomas traded.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abidingdude wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
$8.8M this year, $9.5M next year for Albert according to Jaguars today.

Not bad at all. You guys see what Matt Kalil and Russell Okung got? I prefer Albert over them easily.

Looks like Albert thought it was too much of a bargain and is holding out for more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800425/article/branden-albert-not-present-at-start-of-jags-workouts

Saw this and immediately got pissed.

I'd be fine with cutting him tbh, he is so injury prone he is barely worth what he's making now. Play the season and prove you can stay healthy and i guarantee someone will pay him huge bucks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Not bad at all. You guys see what Matt Kalil and Russell Okung got? I prefer Albert over them easily.

Looks like Albert thought it was too much of a bargain and is holding out for more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800425/article/branden-albert-not-present-at-start-of-jags-workouts

I'd be fine with cutting him tbh, he is so injury prone he is barely worth what he's making now. Play the season and prove you can stay healthy and i guarantee someone will pay him huge bucks

He's just a stop-gap that will be retired in two years. He's trying to get what he can in the little time he has left.

It may be as simple as restructuring the guaranteed portion of his contract. If he's still not showing up in June, we may have a problem, but it's a little early to waste energy worrying at this point.

If he's still a no-show in June I'll be concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abidingdude wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

He's just a stop-gap that will be retired in two years. He's trying to get what he can in the little time he has left.

It may be as simple as restructuring the guaranteed portion of his contract. If he's still not showing up in June, we may have a problem, but it's a little early to waste energy worrying at this point.

Who is our starting LT when he gets hurt? Assuming we dont draft one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Shatley or Van Roten would fill in at LT as the roster currently stands.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abidingdude wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah man. We really need a swing tackle in the draft. Even a developmental guy with some upside. Even if they ultimately settle out this hilarious holdout thing with Albert...he will get injured at some point. Need someone worthwhile to at least potentially fill in halfway competently.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
abidingdude wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah man. We really need a swing tackle in the draft. Even a developmental guy with some upside. Even if they ultimately settle out this hilarious holdout thing with Albert...he will get injured at some point. Need someone worthwhile to at least potentially fill in halfway competently.

Exactly, we have no depth there and with Albert's history we need to be prepared

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Not Surprised by Allen skipping out Reply with quote

These long time veterans don't often start early and maybe in Allen's case considering how fragile he may be it's best that he sit out. I just hope he's sitting out with the play book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: