Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taking a QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
NFL.com has the Chiefs taking DeShaun Watson, 3/5 experts.
Watson has the drive to succeed. I could live with this.

2 Championships don't happen by accident. Potential is there for DW.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Tim Tebow says hi.

I have been digging on Mahomes. I didn't like him because of the air Raiders offense. I didn't like him because he has no sense of a pocket. I didn't like him because he throws off his back foot and into double coverage--a lot.

What I am finding out is that he interviews very well. Great field sense and good work ethic. Fantastic arm, obviously, but decent wheels. For valuation purposes, we took him at #12. That's not unreasonable for a project QB, plus we still have a 2nd and a 3rd.

Coach said we could win a SB with Smith under center. He gets one more shot.

J

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Tim Tebow says hi.

I have been digging on Mahomes. I didn't like him because of the air Raiders offense. I didn't like him because he has no sense of a pocket. I didn't like him because he throws off his back foot and into double coverage--a lot.

What I am finding out is that he interviews very well. Great field sense and good work ethic. Fantastic arm, obviously, but decent wheels. For valuation purposes, we took him at #12. That's not unreasonable for a project QB, plus we still have a 2nd and a 3rd.

J
Got him at #10 and it will take me awhile to get use to it. If they had to trade up for QB, Watson for me. Giving up at #1 next year is a lot to give up for him but it could have been more I guess. TG we still have another 3rd this year.
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Tim Tebow says hi.

J
Got him at #10 and it will take me awhile to get use to it. If they had to trade up for QB, Watson for me. Giving up at #1 next year is a lot to give up for him but it could have been more I guess. TG we still have another 3rd this year.

For me it comes down to; do you like our current offensive scheme? If you do Watson was the correct pick. One read and if it's not open tuck and run. The only difference is Watson would take a few more deep shots.

Personally I hate our offense, so boring and basic. "If" we took a QB it was Mahomes all day over Watson. He may bust, I don't think he ever becomes a solid guy (like Watson probably will), but all his flaws start with footwork in the pocket. I don't even think it's happy feet, it's just terrible mechanics, fix that and you solve quite a few of his problems. He's more than just a big arm like most are calling him, he goes through progressions quicker and more often than Watson.

As far as the trade, very solid value for moving up that far. What 2 picks most likely in the mid/late 20's + a 3rd Rounder.. for a guy that has franchise QB traits that is nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gave up a 1st. Let's make it the 32nd.

J

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
valkrei wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:

Tim Tebow says hi.

J

no player is the same regardless of how you compair, Tebow had talent but I don't think he was on DW's level by any means either. Doesn't matter we got Mahommes and I am stoked@!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: