Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gareon Conley--If You Take The Risk Where Does He Go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justwantwins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Gareon Conley--If You Take The Risk Where Does He Go? Reply with quote

I read the allegations against Gareon Conley and they are serious. However, I just read an article that there is a significant amount of eyewitness accounts (no judgement on that) that nothing happened. If you are willing to take the risk, where do you take him?
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touchy. It could be a woman looking for a payday. They are out there don't let anyone fool you. Nothing could have happened and most likely it didn't. These kinds of reports come out every year and very few amount to anything. As far as where would I draft him? Before all of this if they would have taken him in the first I would not have been mad at all. Now I don't see how you can take him with anything higher than a 7th. UFA would be my guess and that is sad if he didn't do anything. The woman gave amazing detail to the room the whereabouts of everyone what took place how it happened and where everyone was when this was going on. Most women when they are being raped they shell up and go numb because of the traumatic experience taking place. She seemed like she was watching this on a tv giving detailed descriptions of the event.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to get into the allegations, that will play out in our justice system. I would not touch him. Just like I don't want to touch Joe Mixon. IMO, there is enough talent in this draft that I'm not taking a chance on another busted pick due to "character concerns" especially when they involved alleged sexual assault and/or violence.

Sig by El Ramster
davisblack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the allegations against him are very serious, but if he is still there in the 7th why not roll the dice? If the allegations are true you cut him immediately and all you lose out on is an almost meaningless draft pick, but if they are false you get a huge steal.

I can definitely understand all the negative media attention to the team that drafts/signs him is a major issue, but getting a potential pro bowler in the 7th might make it worth the risk.
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd roll the dice in the 4th and if there is evidence that demonstrates the veracity of the allegations, I'd cut him without a second thought. I think we could probably land starters or key rotational pieces in the first three rounds of this very deep draft. I think the 4th round, while its possible we could land a key guy, is where I am comfortable taking Conley.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take him in the 2nd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: