Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
That's fair to disagree; I could be very wrong, but let's be real for a second

Our OL is not "above average." It's actually very bad with above average "potential."

Kelvin Beachem is coming off a terrible year and is slated as our LT. I liked the signing and admit that he has potential, but that's not tangible. The realithy is that he is coming off of a terrible year that saw him cut from the Jaguars.

At RT, we are hyping up 3 games from Brandon Shell. Remember when we hyped up 3 games from Wayne Hunter and then confidently rolled him out as our starting RT the year after? Let's be careful here.

Our guards are solid if not average

And that leaves us at C with Wes Johnson who for some reason is not being called out for being bad last year

We have huuuuuuuuuuuuge question marks at the most important positions on the OL. Look at Todd Gurley who is running behind a bad OL and can't even get a positive yard.

I feel like Zeke Elliott has put the beer goggles on some of y'all.

*FWIW I hope that I'm wrong but that's the reality of our OL situation right now

I see what you're saying but I think the potential is higher than you think. Also I believe we are changing blocking schemes aren't we? So that could help. I also think our G situation is very good not average. And while some might not want to jump the gun on Shell... I loved him in the draft last eyar and wanted him the whole draft process. I put him in every mock I had just about, bc I knew he'd be good. So I think we are good at LT. A lot rides on Beachum, but I think being healthy, a change of scenery, playing next to a good G in Carpenter should all help him.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Our OL is not "above average." It's actually very bad with above average "potential."

Kelvin Beachem is coming off a terrible year and is slated as our LT. I liked the signing and admit that he has potential, but that's not tangible. The realithy is that he is coming off of a terrible year that saw him cut from the Jaguars.

At RT, we are hyping up 3 games from Brandon Shell. Remember when we hyped up 3 games from Wayne Hunter and then confidently rolled him out as our starting RT the year after? Let's be careful here.

And that leaves us at C with Wes Johnson who for some reason is not being called out for being bad last year

We have huuuuuuuuuuuuge question marks at the most important positions on the OL. Look at Todd Gurley who is running behind a bad OL and can't even get a positive yard.

*FWIW I hope that I'm wrong but that's the reality of our OL situation right now

I see what you're saying but I think the potential is higher than you think. Also I believe we are changing blocking schemes aren't we? So that could help. I also think our G situation is very good not average. And while some might not want to jump the gun on Shell... I loved him in the draft last eyar and wanted him the whole draft process. I put him in every mock I had just about, bc I knew he'd be good. So I think we are good at LT. A lot rides on Beachum, but I think being healthy, a change of scenery, playing next to a good G in Carpenter should all help him.
Lettuce pray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:

I agree with this and I love Fournette. This isn't the year for him.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
PaulieIceman wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
I am fairly confident that Fournette would offer nothing to do current NY Jets team

And that's where I differ with you. This franchise's #1 priority should be to try and find a franchise qb. I think most of us agree no one we can get at 6 will offer us that. Can we draft a qb later, cut Petty and groom that guy? Absolutely. But no one is our Week 1 starter in 2017 hands down. But we do have a 22yr old qb that has sat and learned for a year that has some talent. He should get a chance to start this season in some kind of capacity. Not sure how much bc that depends on a lot of things us as fans have no clue about. What I do know though, is there are things that a franchise can do to help find a franchise qb and ease the weight in their shoulders. 1st being a good oline. I happen to think we have a slightly above average oline. And actually have some young talent that should if anything only get better. Far from elite or great but above average. They also can keep Hack in his feet. This is a huge thing I think people look over with him. How great he stood in the pocket and didn't turn the ball over at an alarming rate with one of the worse plumes at PSU. 2nd being piggybacking off of the oline is a great run game. Forte offers nothing at this stage 75% of NFL RBs can't do. Powell still has questions about being a lead back and after all he's not exactly 23yrs old either. He's best served like we used him 2 years ago when we played good and so did he. Fournette is an elite RB prospect and the combo of him and Powell with better oline play would be exactly what this team needs to help Hack grow. Lastly receiving talent for that qb. Our WRs aren't bad, but certainly not good. I still laugh when people on here talk about Anderson, Peake, Smith and Marshall as a good unit. Howard would help this as a receiving option and a blocking asset. These should be focal points for this team.

Did you purposely forget Enunwa and Decker? While I dont disagree with you, but you failed to mention our #1 and 2 targets. I dont think a ton of teams brag about their #3-5 WR and base how their corps is on those guys. I am on board with drafting Howard to help out a young QB whether that be hack or even possibly petty again. Fournette wouldn't be a favorite pick of mine but I could live with it.

From last season, I got so disgusted watching our CB and S get beat deep, so I am on the Adams/Hooker train.

I left out Decker bc he has health issues and still could be cut if we address WR early, he also is like 32 we aren't building around him and Enunwa is a good #2, I don't think he will ever have #1 potential. A lot of drafts I've wanted WR in Round 1, I haven't said once this draft I want a WR at 6, if we trade back that's a whole other story. I have also said I think Adams is an elite talent and would be happy if we drafted him at 6. I however don't think Hooker is a good pick at 6. I certainly wouldn't hate the pick... but I wouldn't like it either. And I don't think any CB in this class is worthy of the 6th pick. I think we can arguably get a CB at 39 just as good if not better than anyone we can get at 6, bc I think the difference between the 1-10 CBs in this draft is so small.

Decker just turn 30 last month, he is still by far the best receiver we got.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is no one talking TYUS BOWSER what a name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53

Jump to: