Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Royal Offseason Is Here Your Highness (UPDATED 4/27/17)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
I like it.. but RB is more important than #3 WR. I'd switch those draft picks and draft a RB in the 4th and WR in the 7th. Also you are absolutely crazy to let Perry Riley go. He's been a Top ILB since signing with us according to PFF.

Thank you, thank you. Maybe it's just me, but I just have a lot more confidence in RB-DeAndre Washington and RB-Jalen Richard to carry the running game next season compared to a lot of the other people around here. They're just missing a bruising RB and that's what RB-Darius Victor is. Victor will compliment Washington and Richard nicely come next season.

We have seen a lot of drops last season mainly WR-Michael Crabtree and WR-Seth Roberts. With so much focus on WR-Amari Cooper and WR-Michael Crabtree, WR-Seth Roberts has shown he can't be reliable. We need a slot WR with better hands, runs good routes, can separate, is quick, elusive, deep threat, and can be reliable and that guy is WR-Ryan Switzer.

Not sold on MLB-Perry Riley Jr. and I'm not among his loverboys around here. I seriously don't get why this guy gets so much love for being a player with average instincts, can't shed blocks, slow, stiffed, a liability in coverage, and is a average tackler at best. I rather have MLB-Jarrad Davis and WR-Gerald Hodges.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HookEm wrote:
I'm a huge Budda Baker fan, would love to see him here. I like it overall but we'd still need to improve the interior pass rush, that should be one of our priorities this offseason.

Thanks! Same here. I'm a huge fan of FS-Budda Baker as well. I think he's just a flat out stud!

With limited draft picks and with guys to take care of soon (QB-Derek Carr, RG-Gabe Jackson, LDE-Khalil Mack, and WR-Amari Cooper), I didn't have any other way to improve the interior pass rush. IMO, that's a good reason. I would love to fix the interior pass rush, but we have only 7 draft picks and a limit amount of money to spend. I'm banking on a healthy RDE-Mario Edwards Jr. and a more skilled 3T-Jihad Ward to improve the interior pass rush of that defensive line. If we can sign NT-Johnathan Hankins, he would be a huge boost to that interior pass rush.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
long snapper is just silly, with so many holes on defense... Reggie usually finds value day 3 and UDFA... rather invest in either area of the ball

Fair enough. In my mock offseason, I addressed the offensive line by drafting RT-Taylor Moton, signing LT-Luke Joeckel, and resigning RT-Menelik Watson, the defensive line by signing either NT-Johnathan Hankins or NT-Bennie Logan and the depth by resigning LDE/RDE-Denico Autry, the WR unit especially at the slot WR position by drafting WR-Ryan Switzer and the depth by resigning both WR-Seth Roberts and WR-Andre Holmes, the RB position by drafting RB-Darius Victor so we won't have to pay $4+ mil per year for RB-Latavius Murray and use that money on defense instead, the MLB and WLB positions by drafting MLB-Jarrad Davis and signing WLB-Gerald Hodges, the FS position by drafting FS-Budda Baker and the depth by signing FS-Duron Harmon, the depth at SS by resigning SS-Brynden Trawick, and the depth at CB by drafting CB-Jeremy Cutrer. With limited draft picks and salary cap, how else would that 6th round pick be use when I addressed everything else on the team unless the Chiefs want CB-Sean Smith back along with our 2017 6th round pick for CB-Marcus Peters or the Seahawks want CB-Sean Smith and our 2017 6th round pick for CB-Richard Sherman? Laughing
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article128434184.html

Some stuff to know about WR-Ryan Switzer. He's such a lethal, dynamic PR.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
I like it.. but RB is more important than #3 WR. I'd switch those draft picks and draft a RB in the 4th and WR in the 7th. Also you are absolutely crazy to let Perry Riley go. He's been a Top ILB since signing with us according to PFF.

Thank you, thank you. Maybe it's just me, but I just have a lot more confidence in RB-DeAndre Washington and RB-Jalen Richard to carry the running game next season compared to a lot of the other people around here. They're just missing a bruising RB and that's what RB-Darius Victor is. Victor will compliment Washington and Richard nicely come next season.

We have seen a lot of drops last season mainly WR-Michael Crabtree and WR-Seth Roberts. With so much focus on WR-Amari Cooper and WR-Michael Crabtree, WR-Seth Roberts has shown he can't be reliable. We need a slot WR with better hands, runs good routes, can separate, is quick, elusive, deep threat, and can be reliable and that guy is WR-Ryan Switzer.

Not sold on MLB-Perry Riley Jr. and I'm not among his loverboys around here. I seriously don't get why this guy gets so much love for being a player with average instincts, can't shed blocks, slow, stiffed, a liability in coverage, and is a average tackler at best. I rather have MLB-Jarrad Davis and WR-Gerald Hodges.

I can understand some not being sold on Riley. He's not "sexy" or "flashy" by any means and some are tired of stop gaps after Burris, Roach, and Heeney. However, Riley is not a stop gap. Consistently posted a high 80's grade on PFF every game. Rileys gap discipline/run defense is also something we haven't had in years. His coverage isn't that good but he's a lot better than the previous mentioned guys. Riley was a highly touted 2nd Round Pick and if it wasn't for injuries, he would of got a solid payday in Washington. Burris/Heeney were 4th/5th Round Picks and were never suppose to be anything.

I'd much rather draft a WLB in the 2nd to replace the god awful Malcolm Smith than draft a ILB in the 1st and replace Riley.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*****2017 NFL Draft*****

1st) ILB, MLB, WLB/Jarrad Davis/6-1/235lbs/22

2nd) RT & RG/Taylor Moton/6-5/325lbs/23

3rd) SS/Josh Jones/6-1/220lbs/2?

4th) WR & KR/Carlos Henderson/5-11/195lbs/23

5th) CB/Jeremy Cutrer/6-2/175lbs/23

6th) NT/Stevie Tu'ikolovatu/6-1/340lbs/26

7th) ILB & WLB/Jordan Evans/6-2/230lbs/2?

7th) SS/Damarius Travis/6-1/210lbs/23 (From the Seahawks)

Undrafted:
1) C/Cameron Tom/6-4/290lbs/22
2) RG/Corey Levin/6-4/300lbs/23
3) NT/Tyrique Jarrett/6-3/340lbs/23
4) CB/Josh Thornton/5-11/185lbs/2?
5) CB/Najee Harris/5-9/180lbs/2?
6) RB/Darius Victor/5-7/225lbs/23

*****Offense*****

QB #1 = Derek Carr
QB #2 = Connor Cook
QB #3 = E.J. Manuel

RB #1 = Marshawn Lynch
RB #2 = DeAndre Washington
RB #3 = Jalen Richard

FB #1 = Jamize Olawale

WR #1 = Amari Cooper
WR #2 = Michael Crabtree
WR #3 = Carlos Henderson (slot)
WR #4 = Cordarrelle Patterson
WR #5 = Seth Roberts

TE #1 = Clive Walford
TE #2 = Jared Cook
TE #3 = Lee Smith

LT = Donald Penn & Marshall Newhouse
LG = Kelechi Osemele & Vadal Alexander
C = Rodney Hudson & Jon Feliciano/Cameron Tom
RG = Gabe Jackson & Denver Kirkland/Corey Levin
RT = Taylor Moton & Austin Howard

Let WR-Johnny Holton, WR-Jaydon Mickens, TE-Gabe Holmes, and RB-Darius Victor battle it out for the practice squad. Let undrafted rookie C-Cameron Tom battle it out with C-Jon Feliciano for the backup C position and let undrafted rookie RG-Corey Levin battle it out with RG-Denver Kirkland for the backup RG position. Whoever loses go to the practice squad. Cut RB-Taiwan Jones.

*****Defense*****

SS #1 = Josh Jones
SS #2 = Damarius Travis

FS #1 = Karl Joseph
FS #2 = Reggie Nelson

CB #1 = David Amerson (LCB)
CB #2 = Sean Smith (RCB)
CB #3 = T.J. Carrie (Nickel)
CB #4 = Jeremy Cutrer
CB #5 = Dexter McDonald
CB #6 = Antonio Hamilton

SLB = Bruce Irvin & Cory James
MLB = Jarrad Davis & Ben Heeney
WLB = Jelani Jenkins & Jordan Evans

LDE = Khalil Mack & Denico Autry
1T = Justin Ellis & Stevie Tu'ikolovatu
3T = Jihad Ward & Darius Latham
RDE = Mario Edwards Jr., Shilique Calhoun, James Cowser

Let CB-Joshua Thornton, CB-Najee Harris, WLB-Neiron Ball, NT-Tyrique Jarrett, and RDE-Branden Jackson battle it out for the practice squad. Cut SS/FS-Keith McGill and cut SLB/RDE-Aldon Smith.

*****Special Teams*****

K = Sebastian Janikowski
P = Marquette King
LS = Jon Condo
KR = Cordarrelle Patterson & Carlos Henderson
PR = Jalen Richard

Hoping the team give CB-Antonio Hamilton plenty of reps during training camp and preseason to see if he can handle punt return duties. That way, RB-Jalen Richard would focus more on offense and get more touches. Until then, RB-Jalen Richard is the PR until CB-Antonio Hamilton proves he can replace RB-Jalen Richard.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

LDE = Khalil Mack & Denico Autry
RDE = Mario Edwards Jr., Shilique Calhoun, James Cowser

This is confusing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: