Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
My Big Board for realistic option that might be available at 21:

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haason Reddick
3. Derek Barnett
4. Jarrad Davis
5. Malik McDowell
6. Tak McKinley
7. Taco Charlton
8. Charles Harris

I wouldn't consider anybody else at 21 then this group (barring something stupid like Allen, Thomas, etc. fall). If we end up with Barnett or another DE, I would trade up as far as I could for Jarrad Davis or TJ Watt. If we end up with a LB, I would trade up as far as I could for Tak, Malik, Taco or Harris.
didn't you call Barnett a bust and now he's your number 3...

Malik at 21 idk what you guys are seeing there

Apparently you want this de position filled no matter what..

Like the idea of trading up for a guy like watt or davis

I changed my mind on Barnett. I didn't like him because he's not as athletically gifted as the others, but he's so fundamentally sound and flat out produces. He tore up the SEC OT's for 3 years. When I think about his measurable, I want to shy away... but the production though. Idk. I go back and forth on him every day. Today I'm saying "The guy just knows how to get to the quarterback". Tomorrow I'll be saying "He's not athletic enough to be that productive against NFL linemen".

And Malik is all potential. His ceiling is extremely high and if you have faith in our coaching staff to get it out of him, then he will be a constant pro bowl caliber player at either DT or DE. He was being talked about as a future top 5 overall NFL pick after his sophomore season.

And of course I want the DE position filled. We need to pressure the quarterback and we were one of the worst in the NFL at doing it last year. Life will be easier on the entire defense if we become a better pass rushing team and that starts on the DL.
Barnett size is a turn off plus lack of athleticism with that size.wouldnt a guy like Jordan Willis be just as good of a get..you are forcing de like there aren't any after rd one.

What is Malik strongest trait..i got nothing. He has great size sumwhat athletic but he rarely shows..hows that translate to extremely high ceiling.just seems way to rich in this draft.

Just bc something isn't the biggest need it's discounted..i think a couple of your guys are there in the second myself.
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
What is Malik strongest trait..i got nothing. He has great size sumwhat athletic but he rarely shows..hows that translate to extremely high ceiling.just seems way to rich in this draft.

Malik has plenty of strong traits. Extremely explosive off the snap, strong enough to take on double teams with proper leverage, nice rip move, very versatile, played all over the line at State, disruptive pass rusher, very fluid athlete, powerful bull rush, etc.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
My Big Board for realistic option that might be available at 21:

1. Reuben Foster
2. Haason Reddick
3. Derek Barnett
4. Jarrad Davis
5. Malik McDowell
6. Tak McKinley
7. Taco Charlton
8. Charles Harris

I wouldn't consider anybody else at 21 then this group (barring something stupid like Allen, Thomas, etc. fall). If we end up with Barnett or another DE, I would trade up as far as I could for Jarrad Davis or TJ Watt. If we end up with a LB, I would trade up as far as I could for Tak, Malik, Taco or Harris.
didn't you call Barnett a bust and now he's your number 3...

Malik at 21 idk what you guys are seeing there

Apparently you want this de position filled no matter what..

Like the idea of trading up for a guy like watt or davis

I changed my mind on Barnett. I didn't like him because he's not as athletically gifted as the others, but he's so fundamentally sound and flat out produces. He tore up the SEC OT's for 3 years. When I think about his measurable, I want to shy away... but the production though. Idk. I go back and forth on him every day. Today I'm saying "The guy just knows how to get to the quarterback". Tomorrow I'll be saying "He's not athletic enough to be that productive against NFL linemen".

And Malik is all potential. His ceiling is extremely high and if you have faith in our coaching staff to get it out of him, then he will be a constant pro bowl caliber player at either DT or DE. He was being talked about as a future top 5 overall NFL pick after his sophomore season.

And of course I want the DE position filled. We need to pressure the quarterback and we were one of the worst in the NFL at doing it last year. Life will be easier on the entire defense if we become a better pass rushing team and that starts on the DL.
Barnett size is a turn off plus lack of athleticism with that size.wouldnt a guy like Jordan Willis be just as good of a get..you are forcing de like there aren't any after rd one.

Just bc something isn't the biggest need it's discounted..i think a couple of your guys are there in the second myself.

His athleticism to size ratio is off the charts. He made college linemen look like girl scouts at times off of nothing but his strength. Has plenty of pass rush moves with good hand usage to add to it. He's played in every spot on the DL. Underutilized last year on an imploding team brought his production down. He needs to work on his footwork and passion, but I don't think our staff will have any problems getting that out of him. NFL.com compares him to Ezekiel Ansah. PFF compares him to Michael Johnson. Walter compares him to Fletcher Cox. The list goes on. He's a super talent that needs to put it together in his head. At 21, he's almost worth the risk because there's so much reward that can happen.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top ten for # 21:

1. Haason Reddick LB
2. Derek Barnett DE
3. Reuben Foster LB
4. Jarrad Davis LB
5. Jabrill Peppers S/LB
6. Takkarist McKinley DE/LB
7. Taco Charlton DE
8. T.J. Watt DE/LB
9. Zach Cunningham LB
10. Charles Harris DE

Sig by El Ramster
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5:

1. Reuben Foster (doubt Lions take him tho; think they would rather settle for a double than swing for home run)
2. Hasson Reddick
3. Jarrad Davis
4. Corey Davis
5. Marlon Humphrey

would be happy with any of those guys. Not high on any edge prospects in round 1 to be honest.

Would anyone be tempted to take McCaffrey or Cook if they fell?

edit: ahh, forget about McDowell. He's high on my list as well so i guess I do like 1 DL/edge guy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 for #21

1. Hasson Reddick
2. Reuben Foster
3. Jarrad Davis
4. Derek Barnett
5. T.J. Watt

Very hopeful Top 5 for 2nd rounder (guys fall every year or maybe they trade up)

1. T.J. Watt
2. Jabrill Peppers
3. Malik McDowell
4. Obi Melifonwu
5. Raekwon McMillan
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I'd like after first round (no order)

Any of the first round guys I mentioned Laughing
Adoree Jackson
Samaje Perine
D'Onta Foreman
Raekwon McMillan
Sidney Jones
Carl Lawson
Tim Williams
Justin Evans

Sig by El Ramster
jameson23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 for #21

Corey Davis
Christian McCaffrey
Haason Reddick
Jarrad Davis
TJ Watt

If you have the chance to get a game changer on offense, you take it. There will be plenty of LBs available in the 2nd & 3rd rounds.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic top 5 for 21

1. DL- McDowell-MSU
2. CB- Q. Wilson- FL
3. OLB- Reddick- Temple
4. RB- Cook-FSU
5. Playmaker- Peppers- if his diluted hydration test drops him

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is your best guess at who the Lions will target. Original article here explaining that draft board. Based on the Lions transactions under Bob Quinn, clear trends stood out on what they targeted at each position. Give the article a read, Erik Schlitt took a looooooooot of time to put that together.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Here is your best guess at who the Lions will target. Original article here explaining that draft board. Based on the Lions transactions under Bob Quinn, clear trends stood out on what they targeted at each position. Give the article a read, Erik Schlitt took a looooooooot of time to put that together.
I hope not cause looks like ol taco is pretty high up there for them. That's a pretty weak draft board iyam. They must covet something..
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
I hope not cause looks like ol taco is pretty high up there for them. That's a pretty weak draft board iyam. They must covet something..one looks like size at the position too much.
The order of the players is just his personal preference, not necessarily the order that the Lions like them. For the Closed End (or Left Defensive End), size is very much a factor. The Closed End is basically a 5T.

As far as not liking the board, the thresholds used are reliant on athletic testing. Only players who performed at the combine or had published pro day numbers are really included. There are going to be more players that they like that aren't included on that list because they were injured or didn't have full testing. There is also only 1 year of data to go off of, so the thresholds could expand as they add more players (which would mean more players would then fit the new thresholds).

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
studdogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I'm starting to like the idea of TJ Watt.
would you play him at de or lb? I like watt better than some of these guys being mocked to us. He has a lot of developing to do if he wants to play full-time de. I'd be a little worried about him losing that speed and quickness to a degree . Just can't see him playing d end at sub 250..

I bet he'd make a great mlb..he looks like a great fit in a 3-4 defense

Like I said tho like him better then most of these guys being mocked to us

He's definitely a better fit as a 3-4 OLB, but if he's playing in the 4-3, I think he could develop into a pretty nasty MLB. Idk if he has the coverage instincts and ability to be a 4-3 OLB and he's too small to be a DE. He's just too athletic and has the pedigree, mentality and intangibles that I'd hate to pass up on.
. Pedigree - "Not so fast my friend" ... 2003 we drafted Boss Bailey in the second round - history tells the rest...hey(JM)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: