Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B-Stan Mostly Offense Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: B-Stan Mostly Offense Mock Reply with quote

I think we will draft offense HEAVILY with McVay's first year as coach. Wade will get a year to evaluate current talent and the remainder of the offseason to plug in UDFA's and camp casualties. Next year with the contracts expiring will show who we value, who we make a run for in FA, and I think Wade will have more say in next year's draft. Below is a draft focused on improving our offense greatly.

#37: Evan Engram TE

#69: Chris Godwin WR

#112: Dede Westbrook WR

#141: Kyler Fuller C

#149: Marlon Mack RB

#189: Ishmael Zamora WR

#206: Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB

#234: Lorenzo Jerome S

Yes, in the deepest Corner draft in recent memory, I did not take one. Bringing in 2 CB's via FA, moving Joyner to FS, and wanting to sign Tru to an extension tell me that CB may not be as huge of a need. However, if someone drops to us in Round 2 or 3 I can see them pulling the trigger. I like Nelson Spruce and even liked Mike Thomas, but they need to either step up or be put on the practice squad. 14 ppg will no longer cut it. The emphasis from yesterdays press conference was speed/strength and playmakers. We lack those, but not if we put together an offensive heavy draft. McVay puts his stamp on the team right off the bat.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhh... as much as I love Engram, I woildnt be happy with this outcome.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
stl4life07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Yeahhh... as much as I love Engram, I woildnt be happy with this outcome.

So I take it you are not a fan of the Rams pulling a Browns move last year by drafting 5 WRs?

At least the Rams can justify it because the defense is already solid with its core and they have a QB that they need to put pieces around. If the Rams come away with Engram, Godwin, and Westbrook I'm not gonna complain about it at all.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be gross.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Don't be gross.

Lol

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like a vast majority of the players you have us picking, its a bit much to essentially pick 3 straight WR's and a 4th one after that.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible if possible.
Top two picks are dreams.
Mack and Zamora are amazing at those picks.

Hate the rest but who cares.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mainly like the players, but the WRs seem to be a bit much. We're drafting four WRs while already having Woods, Tavon, Cooper, Thomas, and Spruce.

I also am staying far away from Dede Westbrook because of his domestic violence issues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is big on WR, but the guys currently on the roster are not McVay's and besides AUstin, we have no financial obligation to them.

Besides Dede, the other 3 are big targets which we are lacking. I just have a gut feeling McVay is going to want to pick "his" weapons. The RB is a personal preference. I want to emulate Atlanta's offense with COleman and Freeman instead of a Gurley being the bellcow and him occasionally getting spelled on 3rd downs.

I want a 1a. and a 1.b. In a deep RB draft, we can get a difference maker in the 4th round on. It would keep Gurley fresh and McVay has utilized multiple RB's in a season before.
LARams91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace Kyle Fuller with a corner and I'd be extremely happy, but I wouldn't be too upset with this outcome.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first 3 picks. Sub Kupp in for Godwin and it's absolutely PERFECT for me
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
I love the first 3 picks. Sub Kupp in for Godwin and it's absolutely PERFECT for me

I feel like Engram and Kupp are essentially the same player. Oversized slot. Kupp can win jump balls better, but will struggle to get separation on the outside in the NFL. Also, I don't think Kupp will last to the 3rd round.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

I feel like Engram and Kupp are essentially the same player. Oversized slot. Kupp can win jump balls better, but will struggle to get separation on the outside in the NFL. Also, I don't think Kupp will last to the 3rd round.

Well, I'm sure you've seen my million Kupp posts, so I doubt I can change your mind on that one. I'll just say that the vast majority of pass attempts (for the Redskins last year, it was about 80%) are within 15 yards of the LOS. Kupp's 10 yard split, short shuttle, and three cone drill ranged from good to elite for his size. Which attributes would you say are most important to separating within 15 yards of the LOS? Acceleration? Top-end speed? Agility? Change of direction ability?

Anyways, I'll leave it alone.

One thing I do agree with you on is that I wouldn't bet on Kupp lasting to the third.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

Well, I'm sure you've seen my million Kupp posts, so I doubt I can change your mind on that one. I'll just say that the vast majority of pass attempts (for the Redskins last year, it was about 80%) are within 15 yards of the LOS. Kupp's 10 yard split, short shuttle, and three cone drill ranged from good to elite for his size. Which attributes would you say are most important to separating within 15 yards of the LOS? Acceleration? Top-end speed? Agility? Change of direction ability?

Anyways, I'll leave it alone.

One thing I do agree with you on is that I wouldn't bet on Kupp lasting to the third.

I would say ability to not be jammed and accelerate after being jammed up, quick twitch athleticism, overall acceleration, and change of direction ability. I've grown more fond of Kupp over the past month, but I just can't see him going over the top of any CB 1's at the NFL level. I think he will be in this league a long time. I want to say his ceiling (if Im wrong on separation) is Larry Fitz, which is epic, but he is more likely Joe Jurevicius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: